worst U2 song ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worst song ... hmm, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Babyface, In A Little While, and Big Girls Are Best are all contenders.

And I'm a male who thinks A Man And A Woman is a good song. But it's not nearly as good as the wonderful Beautiful Ghost.

JESUS CHRIST IS A GOOD SONG! Or at least cover!

*lets Aardvark start the club, since he likes it more than I do*

Jesus Christ/In A Little While/Peace On Earth/Love Rescue Me/When Love Comes To Town/Ground Beneath her Feet/Hands That Built America

:help:

Those who list In a Little While as their worst.:coocoo:

Live, IALW is so good it hurts.

IMHO, Miami is their low point

Arms around the world or In A Little while?? ARMS AROUND THE WORLD ?? :mad: :mad: :madspit:

The worst songs for me:
Miami, Sweetest Thing, When Love Comes to town, Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car and maybe some stuff in Boy and October

Miami wins the final prize... :madspit: :scream: :barf:

Edit: I'm sorry but putting down arms around the world makes me crazy... :wink:

Last edited:
Axver said:
Worst song ... hmm, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Babyface, In A Little While, and Big Girls Are Best are all contenders.

You nineties hater.

In A Little While is a beautiful little song, nothing SPECIAL, yeah, but for you to list it as one of your worst...

And Babyface? That song is brilliant...

I will agree with Big Girls Are Best, though.

The worst song is a tie between Yahweh and When I Look At The World.

Last edited:
I do think Ito Okashi is a definite winner of this battle

although Love Rescue Me, One Step Closer, Another Time, Another Place, and Red Light suck something awful...IMO of course

jphelmet said:
Stuck in A Moment

Brilliantly cliched, cheesy pop song.

Cliched?

How?

It has a fantastic melody - probably one of Bono's best. It has an unusual chord sequence. Good lyrics too. One of the best actiual "songs" U2 has ever written.

I think sometimes people get the production mixed up with songwriting. Yes, stuck in a moment has stripped-dwon production, but in terms of actual songwriting it is more original than say, 'Zooropa.' Zooropa simply repeats the same 4 chord sequence over and over again with a simple melody - it's just the PRODUCTION that makes it sound out of this world.

villamania said:
1. Numb
2. Sweetest thing
3. Discotheque
4. Lemon

All a bit embarassing

...Ahem? Those are some of my favorites.:huh:

Anywho, I'm not quite sure what the worst U2 song would be. Just not one of those. :yes:

Edit: Oh, and Yahweh and Some Days are Better than others rule, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom