Woooooooow...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
OK, so my roommate's boyfriend is here for a visit, and he had a present for me that has made me SO excited: The original vinyls of October, War, The Unforgettable Fire, and Joshua Tree!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I want to display them, but I'm not exactly sure how...I'm thinking of getting those hooks you stick to the wall and mounting them on the hooks. What do y'all think? Any other ideas?

Ahhh I'm so excited to have these! :hyper:

Wow too cool! :dance: Maybe you could frame it or something? Like take it out of its jacket and put them side by side.. i dunno

Awesome! :yes:

I heard that other people had their vinyl records framed as well.
If it's possible then you should go for it. That must turn your wall into very cool wall then.. :up:

Framing requires money though...I'm in college...money is a foreign thing to me :lol:

It is totally awesome though, I have my Joshua Tree one opened up and standing up on my window frame it looks so cool!

Hmmm I wonder if I should display the covers of my U2 vinyl albums that I have Boy - Zooropa? :hmm: Here's what I did with an extra vinyl cover of the Achtung Baby....

AchtungU2b.jpg

:wink:

If you frame them, keep them on a wall that isn't touched by the sun - it'll ruin them. Also, don't put them on your windowsill. Vinyl records don't wear as well as cds. If you want them to grow in value, frame them, maybe with the record and sleeve side by side on a wall away from radiators/windows etc and out of the sunlight. And if they're new DON'T PLAY THEM, heh heh. They're worth loads more in mint condition especially if you've got the sleeves.

You didn't say if they were the original pressings or if they've been re-mastered etc. The originals will be worth a fortune if you've managed to get your hand on them. If they are original early pressings it would be worth looking after them now but enjoying them also by displaying them.

It might be an idea to check out second-hand/old crap shops. Sometimes it's worth buying some old frames, disgarding the pictures in them and replacing them with your treasured stuff. Check them out..

D:)

youvedonewhat said:
If you frame them, keep them on a wall that isn't touched by the sun - it'll ruin them. Also, don't put them on your windowsill. Vinyl records don't wear as well as cds. If you want them to grow in value, frame them, maybe with the record and sleeve side by side on a wall away from radiators/windows etc and out of the sunlight. And if they're new DON'T PLAY THEM, heh heh. They're worth loads more in mint condition especially if you've got the sleeves.

You didn't say if they were the original pressings or if they've been re-mastered etc. The originals will be worth a fortune if you've managed to get your hand on them. If they are original early pressings it would be worth looking after them now but enjoying them also by displaying them.

It might be an idea to check out second-hand/old crap shops. Sometimes it's worth buying some old frames, disgarding the pictures in them and replacing them with your treasured stuff. Check them out..

D:)

And if you frame them make sure the framer uses acid free paper
it will cost quite a bit more but well worth it . :yes:

Try Michael's Craft store or even online. No way you have to spend a lot of $. I have a huge collection of u2 items, and use inexpensive frames. Keep them away from sun for sure.

Back
Top Bottom