Winslow, Arizona - Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd suggest that's a fail even if you didn't have work tomorrow. :tongue:

Hey Serena, is there any word re: a new PT album? I know SW's got a fairly busy schedule with a second solo album, Blackfield III, and the collaboration with Akerfeldt, but has there been any talk of what PT's plans are, now that the tour's done?

Early? What is this word?

You can avoid it if you just change what timezone you operate on at any given moment. :wink:

No no, I said H&A is very much a logical continuation of AVO. The Dark Third's proggier incarnation of PRR seems well dead.

Ah, clearly my wires got crossed there! I thought I saw you saying something about someone's new album going back to their heavier early sound? Was that Agalloch?

Surely Charlotte and I inflicted it on you at one point?

If so, my lousy memory serves as a handy self-preservation mechanism! :up:

Ah, clearly my wires got crossed there! I thought I saw you saying something about someone's new album going back to their heavier early sound? Was that Agalloch?

Yeah, that was Agalloch. I love their early demos that are predominantly black metal, and the new album brings in a solid dose of that. Their last two albums had been moving further and further away from black metal, so this was unexpected to me.

Hell, Black Lake Nidstång even has a passage that seems to draw its style from depressive black metal, which I didn't expect at all.

(Yes, depressive black metal is a legit subgenre with its own vocal style.)

So, Charlotte and I are listening to the new Jamiroquai album. I wasn't aware they were even still going! Wonder how bad it'll be - I mean it has a song called All Good In The Hood!

And yes, Blackfield III!

Righto, I've a new thread ready to go.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Jamiroquai

Ok, more Cure or something else?

Jay Kay sounds like such a woman. :laugh:

This album is uninspiring albeit inoffensive to me.

What Cure have you played so far?

Back
Top Bottom