Winslow, Arizona - Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must admit, I really don't find Nineteen Eighty-Four that unsettling, but then I'm a cynical ex-PolSci student.

But...but...
they got him! They got him and broke him and you can't tell me Room 101 wasn't terrifying and...stuff...I can't even process it all right now. Just...gahhhhhh.

Spoilered for Ashley's protection.

But...but...
they got him! They got him and broke him and you can't tell me Room 101 wasn't terrifying and...stuff...I can't even process it all right now. Just...gahhhhhh.

Spoilered for Ashley's protection.

I missed the "Spoilered for Ashley's protection" part and clicked it, read the first three words.

I'm never going to enjoy this book now, am I ? :(

I missed the "Spoilered for Ashley's protection" part and clicked it, read the first three words.

I'm never going to enjoy this book now, am I ? :(
You can still enjoy it. I mean, I knew that's what was going to happen from the third chapter, but DAMN. It's not really about old Winston anyway. It's a lot more horrifying than that.

It's still not too bad. Maybe you need some more Verve? :wink:

I don't like Verve :(

I'm not too far away from 10k. :hyper:

:hi5:

You can still enjoy it. I mean, I knew that's what was going to happen from the third chapter, but DAMN. It's not really about old Winston anyway. It's a lot more horrifying than that.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkk. If you say so.

Ok, the only song on this album I *know* I like is on now...there's still 8 songs left...>_>

A song called "Making Movies"? How could this go wrong? Dire Straits has already solidified this as the coolest phrase ever...

Don't put them panties girl you ain't gonna need 'em cause I promise id be tearing it up
Cause we don't make love we'd be making movies
We don't make love we'd be making movies
Girl this ain't the time me in the jacuzzi
Watching all the suds running down on your booty
Girl this ain't the time me in the jacuzzi
Watching all the suds running down on your booty
Turn the lights off

I still haven't read it :(.

Because I LOVE the lead single off of it, and I've ALWAYS hated Nelly, so I decided to give this album a shot just to see if he's changed.

On the first track, I would've said no, but now that I'm on track 2, I'm beginning to see that perhaps Nelly has decided not to be quite the thug he used to be...musically at least.

Read it!

I still haven't forgiven Nelly for Ride Wit Me. The song sucked in and of itself, but 'wit'? 'WIT'? God I hate it when people do that.

If I didn't know this was Dire Straits then judging by the lyrics I'd think it was by Nickelback. :shifty:

Nelly had a couple songs I liked, pre-Hot in Herre. Then...bleh. All hip-hop became boring to me, though, not just him. The closest thing I listen to now is Rihanna and Beyonce in small doses.

I still haven't forgiven Nelly for Ride Wit Me. The song sucked in and of itself, but 'wit'? 'WIT'? God I hate it when people do that.
The only thing before this I liked by Nelly was the song he did with Kelly Rowland. Which is why I'm excited to hear the song they did together on THIS album. It's still two tracks from now :(.

i would , but isn't that kind of impossible, Ax? :p

Right. unstand unup, unshort unconsciousness... That's where I was unstopping.

:wave:

Sorry for another one of my derr moments. :reject:

It's ok

deer_3.jpg

If only everything I've listened to was scrobbled :(.

But yours is so impressive because of how long you didn't use last.fm!

It keeps me awake at night wondering how much different things might be if those 8.5 months had been scrobbled too.

(Not really.)

Ok, I was a bit disappointed by the Nelly and Kelly track, but the beat was a definite throwback to the other song they did together, and that was fun.

This album has definitely gone downhills since T-Pain and Akon left the house :(.

Perhaps Mr. Axver had a Coldplay infatuation during said months that he refuses to tell us about?

I think it was when he was hitting up all of his favorite Matchbox 20 tracks.

Back
Top Bottom