...Wild Horses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggsy

Babyface
What are U2's thoughts on the song. I think it's amazing, but the fact it (single version) never appeared on the best 90 - 00, makes me wonder if they've disowned the song.

I think that because they had such trouble creating the song-they ended up kind of resenting it because it never reached its full potential.

the best of 90-2000 was a bizzare collection

the inclusion of gone over please and last night on earth?

no wild horses, acrobat or the fly but the inclusion of until the end of the world?

no walk on but stuck in a moment included?

no lemon but the first time included instead?

a bizarre mix, not really a best of i think

Well I don't really think of Wild Horses as a single, I think it was overshadowed a bit by One, MW, The Fly etc etc from AB. It's a gorgeous song though, one of my favourites because it just is so lyrically beautiful.

I know it was released as a single...perhaps the final single from the album. It charted higher than half of the songs on the greatest hits disc, which means the band itself didn't consider it worthy of its weight on the charts.

Gone, Stuck in a Moment, Until the End of the World, Numb, Stay and The First Time were smaller hits compared to the numbers of "...Horses". It's a puzzle to me.

Personally, I would have preferred if the Best of 1990-00 would have only included songs from that decade, and excluded the ATYCLB album. Then in 6 years, release Best of 2000-09 for that decade. With this, we could have replaced BD and SIAM with Horses, Please, or Lemon.

I listened to the Best of CD yesterday and must admit I wondered about the inclusion of "First Time". I personally love it , but it surprises me what songs it took precedence over.
It must be a hard choice for them to make, so many great songs.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses has a brilliant lyric.
danger and honesty,accidents and glass, blue seas and salt water kisses, theft ,revenge, things you're not supposed to, falling at your feet...simply powerfully said. I didn't know it had bugged and disappointed them in the making. It's a great song.

Missing from 90-00's Best of were: The Fly (UK and JAPAN got this track *Dances complacent Jig!*). Love is Blindness. Lemon Wild Horses ALBUM VERSION!

I loved the inclusion of The First Time. Great idea to include that, great closer (though not as good as Love is Blindness). But I really didn't like where The Fly was put on the album. The First Time set a really nice mood to end the album on, but Fly was just really out of place.

Back to Wild Horses, I thought it was an outstanding track. But I really didn't like the Single Version. The Different Sound compared to the Album version was a bit iffy to me. Curious that they included the small guitar part at the beginning which had been part of the very first demos of the song. You can tell what this track is a demo of when you listen to some of it, [keeps the same rythm for example] but overall sounds a hell of a lot different. (I'm referring to what I've heard on the Video, I'm assuming that's the Single Mix. I've only heard the actual single on the radio in a supermarket once before).

Last edited:
Swan269 said:
I think that because they had such trouble creating the song-they ended up kind of resenting it because it never reached its full potential.

That makes sense, and I remeber Edge saying that he thinks that song could have been one of their biggest hits if it had been "finished" correctly.

The versions on the single are my favorite and either ranks pretty high on my U2 song favs.

Back
Top Bottom