Who Dies in 'All I Want..' Video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NHChris

The Fly
OK...please forgive me if this has been discussed and debated to death. But who is it that dies in the 'All I Want is You' video? I think it is a fabulous song, and the video is altogether haunting. But I can't figure out who dies: it's either the girl or the guy she was with. But you see neither of them at the burial site, leaving the viewer wondering.

Chris in NH

I kind of go with the idea that it's the dwarf who dies and the man with the moustache can sense his presence at the funeral at the end.

There's an interview with Edge during the Lovetown Tour where he answers this, but I honestly cannot remember what he says.

It's the girl who dies. At the funeral scence they do show the man there. He throws the ring that he had brought for her into the dirt when they started burying the coffin. At least if my memory serves me right that is what happened. It has been some years since I have seen that video.

Innocence dies.

[haha, i'm sorry... i'm just trying to be deep.]

No...not the dwarf. He was there at the end. The viewer was left with the impression that he was upset at the girl going with the handsome guy. He climbed the rope ladder and jumped to his death, or so you were led to believe. But right away when you saw the casket, you saw that it was a large casket--not a small one. So that was Clue #1 that it wasn't the dwarf who died. Clue #2 was that the dwarf was right there throwing the ring into the hole with the casket. So, the girl had to be in the casket (why throw a diamond ring onto a casket containing the guy that took your girl?).

But if we agree that it is the girl in the casket, how did she die? I say it was the guy she was shacking up with. He probably got jealous of the dwarf (why, I wouldn't know). But you don't see him at the burial site.

I think Edge and Adam have him locked up in the tiger's cage

would be nice if the best of the 80's videos were actually on dvd...any rumours of that coming together?

Yeah, there's a rumour they're releasing an expanded version of the Best of 80-90 video on DVD with extra videos, promos, TV spots etc. With a bonus disc of extra live footage.

I haven't seen it in a while either. But I clearly remember it being her who jumps not the dwarf...I'm gonna go watch the video, and post again later :wink:

Ok never mind, I was not even right....

however, I remember what my theory on that video was.

The midget isn't actually "at" the funeral. it's like his ghost Ithink. And I think the strong man or whoever he is, sees the ring, but doesn't actually see the midget.

BTW, does anyone know who the midget it? He looks REAL familiar.

Nope. It was kinda tongue in cheek, but that's what he said. :lol:

I thought you must have seen (insert the name of whatever I saw it on here)

Meghan said:
Nope. It was kinda tongue in cheek, but that's what he said. :lol:

I thought you must have seen (insert the name of whatever I saw it on here)

no I haven't seen it but I've always had that impression...that he lands on her but somehow it just felt so wrong and twisted :lol:

so the little guy didn't die because he had a soft landing
(I don't know why I find this so amuzing) :reject:

The midget lands on the girl and kills her... The strongman looks missed off with the midget at the funeral = case solved

Agree with matt:
I think the midget tried to hump to his death, but he labded on the girl instead! Killing the woman he loved! ha!

Not a clue. Now I just loved the violin and double bass at the end. Brilliant! I wish one day Edge and Adam could do that part on either the real bowed strings or they can get a pedal to tweak the sound of their guitars! They totally left that part out in Slane DVD! Ok ,OT. Sorry!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom