white as snow sucks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know its to each their own. it was more a conversations piece.

im gonna listen to it more, but i still cant believe its someones 3rd favorite track off the album.

I understand why you and many other U2 fans wouldn't get that song.

Its not a song that you would expect from a band like U2. Its very different from their style. I would argue that it is the most "un U2 song" that they've written in many many years.

On its own, the song is brilliant. The problem is that people like yourself are probably not used to that style of song and won't appreciate it....which is fine because I personally can't appreciate many other great styles of music either. I struggle to understand and appreciate most Symphonies for example, but they are still brilliant forms of music. But I digress.

If White as Snow had been released by another band or artist, like a Johnny Cash lets say (while he was still alive) it would be dominating the airwaves of radio stations that play that style of music. But because its U2, a band that tries to sound alternative but can't quite pull themselves away from pop music its being overlooked.

QUOTE=NYRangers78;5938199]with all due respect, tell me this isnt the one song you skip over on the album...

i want to like this song...someone convince me:[/QUOTE]

hey man...its all about the nice horn section. hope you like it :up:

White As Snow is one of the most beautiful songs U2 have made in a long time, and it's a fantastic return to the poetic storytelling lyrics of songs like RTSS or Wild Irish Rose. I love the sparse atmosphere created by the guitar, and Bono nails both the lyrics and their delivery.

What he said! :up:

It's certainly not my favourite on the album, nor will it be a hit. Yet it's a beautiful song, which might not get played live.

The range of opinions on this track is certainly fascinating. I think it's a perfect fit for this album and a great song.

Winter better? It may have potential to be more exciting (its not there yet), but WAS is gorgeous, and the emotion and beauty they can bring to such simple tracks is part of what endears them to me.

when i first started listening to it I was thinking oh no not another "Grace" but the song really does go to a different level. beautiful song....

great music does not have to be teenie, pop tunes that draws the mainstream tastless NYRangers78....your showing your taste in music.

There's hate for every U2 song by someone in the world, so no worries.

This was my least favorite song on the album and I was worried that it would become a skipper, but Bono's voice reminds me of how he sang in the 80's and the 2nd half just makes the song for me, so now I :love: it. Cedars is last place at the moment because of the "return the call to home" part that seems totally out of place for me. I never liked Grace or POE either.

Wow I must have a hard time with slow and moody U2 songs.

It's growing on me, but I do hate it when the reason for it and Cedars was "to slow things down"

but to me the album doesn't really flow all that well... it doesn't feel together to me. Boots and White As Snow just jump out as "what the F?"

I'll listen to any U2 album from start to finish and often do more than any other band (which is big in this iPod age).

I admit it to myself -- because I love U2 songs I would never care about it, I start to get attachment too.

A song like NEW YORK or ONE STEP CLOSER as soon as I hear them I put them in that category. They just don't do it for me, but over time, I like it for what they are - A U2 song. And even the worst U2 song is usually better than anything else for me.

Indeed I've already deleted White as Snow. So boring I feel like falling asleep after 10 seconds of that song.
Acoustic U2 is boring live, it sure as hell is boring on an album aswell.

For me this is in my category worst u2 songs ever together with LAPOE / Wakeupdeadman

Totally disagree with you this is one of the most beautiful tracks in the album it is a nice way to end the album

I disliked it on the first mp3 listen. 3 listens later - including the CD version - it's growing on me.

It's one of the highlights of the album. Incredibly moving. I just wish there were more tracks like this (rather than, say, the generic sugar-coated pop drivel of Crazy Tonight and poorly spliced dad rock of Boots).

Wow, I'm shocked over the hate for this song - it's def one of my faves on the cd, I often wake up with the song in my head.
I don't find it boring at all - Cedars of Lebanon on the other hand...:yuck:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom