Which Songs Should be Singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Songs Would Be a Good Single?

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Love and Peace or Else

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 43 44.8%
  • All Because of You

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • A Man and a Woman

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Crumbs from your Table

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • One Step Closer

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Original of the Species

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters
I personally feel that COBL would be the perfect anniversary single (3rd one) for U2 and Island. Put it with 11'O Clock and you might have the great single ever put together. And I think Sometimes... is going to do well on the charts on those cold winter days. Original... would be excellent about this time next year.

my uneducated guesses:

city of blinding lights
all because of you
original of the species

and possibly crumbs from your table

this isn't to say the other songs aren't *really, really fucking brilliant*, because they are. not every great song is released as single, nor does every great song need to be. remember, 'bad' and 'until the end of the world' were not singles, and they're two of the greatest--and most popular--U2 songs ever.

COBL is a sinlge hit even with its length. Theres so many songs out there now that are equal in length to it. And many more before it that are just as long if not longer. If the song is good then people dont realize its a long song.

But I would love for them to release LAPOE as a single.
I think it would shock a lot of people and be just the shot the album sales would need 6-8 months after its released.

I say the world needs to hear Original of the Species and Yahweh. But I have no idea how they choose singles. The last few albums it seems they've disagreed with me more often than not.

Back
Top Bottom