Which 3 songs are you hoping to hear this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the latest German interview, U2 will have a look at fan sites and will build up different set lists according to what they read on them..... :hyper:
Haven't read the interview, but if this is true, it's good news. Fan forums can be a treasure trove of info on how to please fans - what songs to play, singles to release, fan perceptions, etc.

1. Acrobat
2. Red Hill Mining Town
3. Spanish Eyes
4. Man and a Woman
5. Last Night on Earth

SOI
1. The Crystal Room
2. Iris - (Electric)
3. EBW - (Electric)

Glad to see so much love for ASOH. That song really deserves a regular spot in their set this tour.

I'd also love to see Hawkmoon played again (with the slide guitar). I mean, how can anyone watch this and not be completely blown away :drool::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpozVvYe-h4

The album version was...lost
The live version...A BLOODY FUCKING MONSTER! They were on fire in Lovetown. I can´t decide waht was better musically if Lovetown or Zoo TV.

1. Please
2. Exit
3. Mofo

shout out for A sort of homecomming.

from SOI

This is where you can reach me now
California
Crystal Ballroom

shout out for SLABT , but it really needs a nice Edge solo.

Wire,
Gone,
New years day (never heard it live even though its been over played)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using U2 Interference mobile app

1 - Bad (Their best live track and should be in the setlist every night. It's an absolute crime that they barely pull it out nowadays).

2 - Anything from Pop (Almost completely ignored over the last couple tours and most of Elevation. Even the career spanning sets that touched upon every album near the end of the 360 tour relegated Pop to a mere "Discotheque" snippet)

3 - A key album track from the middle period. "Drowning Man" or "Two Hearts Beat As One" or "Wire" or "A Sort of Homecoming"...aside from the gimmick that is ending the show with "40", the band has pretty much ignored this period entirely in recent tours. There's the war-horses (Pride/NYD/SBS) and the sometimes appearing Bad, but it's as if the rest of those two albums don't even exist for this band. *

* I guess you can argue the same for October although I don't think as many people as me want to hear more from that one. Aside from the rare "Gloria" appearances, it too hasn't had an actual song show up for quite some time.

1 - Bad (Their best live track and should be in the setlist every night. It's an absolute crime that they barely pull it out nowadays).

2 - Anything from Pop (Almost completely ignored over the last couple tours and most of Elevation. Even the career spanning sets that touched upon every album near the end of the 360 tour relegated Pop to a mere "Discotheque" snippet)

3 - A key album track from the middle period. "Drowning Man" or "Two Hearts Beat As One" or "Wire" or "A Sort of Homecoming"...aside from the gimmick that is ending the show with "40", the band has pretty much ignored this period entirely in recent tours. There's the war-horses (Pride/NYD/SBS) and the sometimes appearing Bad, but it's as if the rest of those two albums don't even exist for this band. *

* I guess you can argue the same for October although I don't think as many people as me want to hear more from that one. Aside from the rare "Gloria" appearances, it too hasn't had an actual song show up for quite some time.

Basically agree with all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm going to pick out one song here. A Sort Of Homecoming. One of my favorites and obviously a favorite of lots in the thread.

I don't know if Bono could pull off this song regularly on a 2015 tour and do it justice. It just seems really difficult vocally. I suppose this could apply to quite a few of their songs, especially from the early part of the catalog. Am I a bad person for thinking this ? :reject:

The question is which A Sort of Homecoming are we talking about? I've always preferred the Wide Awake In America version (and love its music video). The album version was a little too relaxed vocally for my tastes although it's still a career highlight regardless.

Obviously, pulling off something closer to WAIA would be harder than the UF version.

^ I think any version would suffice if they just play the song.
Also, I wouldn't want it to be an exact replica, I'd rather see them figuring it out how it would work best on this tour.

I think the instruments would be the same, but Bono's vocal delivery of it might be more restrained. If you listen to his performances of ASOH and Bad between 1985-87, it's a wonder that he can stilll sing at all in 2014. The "no spoken words, just a SCREAAAMMMM...OHHH" part comes to mind. As far as hitting the high notes, tuning it down half a step will help a little bit.
I just like that fans collectively understand that this needs to be played this tour. I felt the same way with Electric Co and Gloria on the Vertigo Tour, and The Unforgettable Fire and Zooropa on the last tour, to a lesser extent.

From SOI: The Miracle, This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now and Raised By Wolves (of course!).

From back catalog: Please, Love Is Blindness and Angel Of Harlem.

I think the instruments would be the same, but Bono's vocal delivery of it might be more restrained. If you listen to his performances of ASOH and Bad between 1985-87, it's a wonder that he can stilll sing at all in 2014. The "no spoken words, just a SCREAAAMMMM...OHHH" part comes to mind. As far as hitting the high notes, tuning it down half a step will help a little bit.
I just like that fans collectively understand that this needs to be played this tour. I felt the same way with Electric Co and Gloria on the Vertigo Tour, and The Unforgettable Fire and Zooropa on the last tour, to a lesser extent.

:up::up: Electric Co. was unstoppable there, and the others you mentioned raised some goosebumps too.

1.) A Sort of Homecoming
2.)Love is Blindness
3.)Two Hearts Beat As One

SOI:

1.)This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
2.)Raised by Wolves
3.)Cedarwood Road

Also would love:

Dirty Day, Exit, Please, Last Night on Earth, Gone, One Tree Hill, Bad, Mothers of The Disappeared, Trip Through Your Wires, In God's Country, When I Look at the World.

And finally........ Twilight, 11 Tick Tock, I Fall Down, Electric Co, Another Time, Another Place, Like A Song.... basically any 1980-1983 rocker that hasn't been played in a while.

1.) A Sort of Homecoming
2.)Love is Blindness

SOI:

2.)Raised by Wolves
3.)Cedarwood Road

Also would love:

Dirty Day, Exit, Please, Last Night on Earth, Gone, One Tree Hill, Bad, Mothers of The Disappeared, Trip Through Your Wires, In God's Country, When I Look at the World.

And finally........ Twilight, 11 Tick Tock, I Fall Down, Electric Co, Another Time, Another Place, Like A Song.... basically any 1980-1983 rocker that hasn't been played in a while.

lol u r greedy

Hawkmoon, Exit, Lemon.

Also, Acrobat, Acrobat, Acrobat.

From this album, Troubles, Crystal Ballroom and This is Where You Can Reach Me. Bonus for Sleep Like a Baby.

1. Acrobat - since Edge said they're actually considering playing it (!!?!?!). I do think this might be U2's last big tour, and they have to know how much it would mean to the fans if they brought this out.

2. Exit - simply one of the best U2 songs, live or otherwise. Seriously, this is post-rock before there was post-rock. If it were 17 minutes longer it'd be a Godspeed You! Black Emperor song.

3. Discotheque - the song that got me into U2. I'd also be thrilled with Mofo or Please (full band NOT acoustic). The only song from Pop I've ever seen is Gone all the way back on Elevation and it's my favourite album of all time. Is one song from this album too much to ask?

1.) A Sort of Homecoming
2.)Love is Blindness

SOI:

2.)Raised by Wolves
3.)Cedarwood Road

Also would love:

I Fall Down sounds quite boring to me, but the rest of your list is excellent!

1. Acrobat
2. California
3. When I Look at the World (because they never - almost - played it on the Elevation tour)...and not the "Bad" version like Kansas City, but a real, full band version

Twilight
Stories For Boys
and since we are going Full Circle(SOE song perhaps)
Iris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom