When the Stars Go Blue: Wedding Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chickadee said:
I mean, none of U2's songs are really sweet enough for a wedding.

:yes: Again, I'm partial to sneaking in some U2 with Beautiful Day's chorus for your introduction to the reception. :D Imagine: Everyone's in the reception, waiting for you guys to come. The DJ introduces the bridal party with some random background music (I think he did some jazzy stuff for us). Then, finally, he announces: "And now for the first time, I'd like to introduce to you _____ and ____ _____!!" It was a beeaauuutiful daaaay!!........" :hyper: At ours, when that song came on, everybody got fired up & stood up and cheered for us, and we walked in with these giant grins on----it was awesome! :D

jonnytakeawalk said:

Does he do the awesome falsetto bit like during zoo tv :eyebrow:

If not don't use it

Yes anyone who has heard this version will know that his falsetto is VERY good in this version! Oh and LIla yeah it was "Honeymoon in Vega" For some reason I couldn't think of the movie title,lol.

Utoo that's so cool with what you did at your wedding when you guys were announced together. Will have to keep that in mind for whenever I get lucky enough to have my wedding,lol.

Last edited:
I remembered the movie BonosBaby12 because I had recently asked if anyone had a copy of it to upload :shifty:

:drool:

I have it now, so I could email or PM it thru y s i if requested (can't post it on the boards)

Lila64 said:
I remembered the movie BonosBaby12 because I had recently asked if anyone had a copy of it to upload :shifty:

:drool:

:der: I swear my natural blonde roots go too deeply sometimes! :lol: Feeling so ditzy lately with remembering anything,lol. You were the one who made it possible for this great song to make it's way out :drool: Could listen to that song forever as long as Bono is singing it.

drool.gif

Utoo said:

Imagine: Everyone's in the reception, waiting for you guys to come. The DJ introduces the bridal party with some random background music (I think he did some jazzy stuff for us). Then, finally, he announces: "And now for the first time, I'd like to introduce to you _____ and ____ _____!!" It was a beeaauuutiful daaaay!!........" :hyper: At ours, when that song came on, everybody got fired up & stood up and cheered for us, and we walked in with these giant grins on----it was awesome! :D

Wow! :cute:

How about hawkmoon 269? It's really the only romantic U2 song I can think of. The energy in that song's unbelievable! May be a bit too fast to dance to though

Drowning man is the only song by U2 that I consider romantic... But I don't think it's an easy song to dance to!!

Ground beneath her feet is excellent idea -- my fav version is the one sort of accappella Bono sung with the edge during an interview on St Patrick's Day :drool:

lady luck said:
Drowning man is the only song by U2 that I consider romantic... But I don't think it's an easy song to dance to!!

Ground beneath her feet is excellent idea -- my fav version is the one sort of accappella Bono sung with the edge during an interview on St Patrick's Day :drool:

That version was absolutely fabulous, is it recorded anywhere?

JCOSTER said:

That version was absolutely fabulous, is it recorded anywhere?

I have the video (not here) -- I will try to get the mp3 maybe this week end :)

lady luck said:

I love this song, but considering the lyrics are by Salman Rushdie, and given the context of the song (Million Dollar Hotel movie), I think I'd be totally weirded out if it were played at a wedding! Have you heard the live Irving Plaza version? That's my absolute fave.

We danced to "In Your Eyes" - Peter Gabriel in '92. Had been our song since the So album was released.

The only U2 I used at that time was AIWIY on our wedding video as the background to the intro photo and highlight montage. It worked beautifully and I would definitely recommend it.

Mrs. Edge did a nice job of putting together U2 songs for her ceremony in October. You might want to do a search for that list or PM her.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I love this song, but considering the lyrics are by Salman Rushdie, and given the context of the song (Million Dollar Hotel movie), I think I'd be totally weirded out if it were played at a wedding! Have you heard the live Irving Plaza version? That's my absolute fave.

I haven't :(

Utoo said:

:yes: Again, I'm partial to sneaking in some U2 with Beautiful Day's chorus for your introduction to the reception. :D Imagine: Everyone's in the reception, waiting for you guys to come. The DJ introduces the bridal party with some random background music (I think he did some jazzy stuff for us). Then, finally, he announces: "And now for the first time, I'd like to introduce to you _____ and ____ _____!!" It was a beeaauuutiful daaaay!!........" :hyper: At ours, when that song came on, everybody got fired up & stood up and cheered for us, and we walked in with these giant grins on----it was awesome! :D

My aunt did something similar to that at her wedding.

I also think that doing the intros to COBL would be really cool... the "Oh you look so beautiful tonight" chorus playing a few times would rock. :drool:

I'm getting married in June.
With my girlfriend (not a U2 fan) we were planning on "Ain't no cure for love" by Leonard Cohen, it was her proposal.
I was trying to find a U2 proposal, but I couldn't decide.
We went together to the first Buenos Aires concert (March 1st) and we were listiening to the concert , shouting, jumping and meanwhile trying to find a song for our wedding. She liked One, and With or Without You. I thinnk One has nice lirycs that might symbolize us, but not the best for the wedding. WOWY is the opposite of what we wanted to say.
Then came All I Want is You...and she then recognises not as a U2 song but as the song of the critical moment in her favourite movie, Reality Bites, when Ethan Hawke runs towards Wynona Ryder.
I really thought that the lyrics were not in potential future, I somehow thought they were in past tense, meaning that she was really the harbour in the tempest, eyes in blindness, river in dryness, etc...
We agreed that it was going to be our song. I still like it, as I feel what I feel, eventhough based on changed lyrics, but don't know what should I do....

Back
Top Bottom