Whats the special announcement tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only read whatever words appear on my screen. I am robot-like in my unique ability to only interpret those words verbatim, without drawing any conclusions, however accurate or inaccurate. You will soon gain these powers, if you continue to listen to me.

mama cass said:
ouch! :lol:

they could've just sent out a standard email with a link to the song, rather than asking people to sit in front of their computers for a specific time plus or minus 90 minutes (on thanksgiving to boot!) LOL

Yes... All those poor people in EVERYWHERE OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES who had to be pulled away from their thanksgiving dinner for this shitty remix. Oh, the humanity of it all. They probably even missed Mark Sanchez running face first into somebody's ass... because we all know how much EVERYONE OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES loves some NFL football on their thanksgiving.

Here's the thing- U2.com did make a big, fat deal out of nothing. However, U2.com is a marketing vehicle, nothing more, nothing less. And making a big, fat deal out of nothing is kind of the point of marketing. So, they can't really be faulted for that.

The way I see it, the thing U2.com can be faulted for is forgetting the cardinal rule of marketing: Know Thy Audience.

Just in the short time I've been around IF, I can see that U2 fans are, in general: 1) Jaded (by previous U2.com f-ups); 2) impatient (by the lack of new material from the band); 3) Not hugely impressed by remixes (at best, a take-it-or-leave-it attitude.)

Now granted, U2.com subscribers are not necessarily chat room participants, and vice versa, but I'd say with Interference, @U2, U2.com's OWN community, as well as the various other message boards in many different languages, they have an excellent start at, oh, I don't know, a FOCUS GROUP. Most marketing initiatives spend big $$ for what U2.com has for free at their fingertips. They have to have someone employed at least part time, just monitoring the chat rooms. If they don't, they're foolish.

A marketing audience is a fickle group. Say the right things to them, and they follow you blindly, no matter what. That's brand loyalty. Say the wrong things, and you lose them forever. Now granted, U2.com is resting on the strength of their brand (U2), and regardless of how crappy the website (marketing) is, many of us will still offer our brand loyalty. But I can guarantee U2.com has quotas of subscribers they have to fill each year, and by not communicating carefully, they can potentially lose subscribers. At the very least, not meeting quotas usually means budgets are cut, and no creative, marketing or IT professional wants that.

So the point of this is that I'm puzzled that U2.com isn't more in tune with their audience – they have the tools and they most likely have the motivation.

The remix itself is OK, and it's for a good cause, but unfortunately that positive news has been overshadowed by their poor communication and lack of audience research. A simple email stating that the remix would be available for a listen and it would be sold under the (RED) umbrella would have been great- honest, authentic, informative.

There are people living outside of the United States here?

I thought that the Internet is in America!

U2 certainly hasn't done anything wrong here

Have you heard the song?

:lol::lol::lol::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Right you are. It's unlistenable. And that's saying something for a remix, because they all basically suck. This one is just in the stratosphere of badness.

Making it all the more funny for those who waited on this lemon with baited breath.

The problem is that any announcement is making the die-hards salivate like a Pavlov dog. U2.com should realize that their subscribers (I.e die-hard U2 fans) are desperate for new material, so behaving like a cock-tease (sorry, that's a vulgar expression but you get the idea) is going to inevitably piss a lot of people off. Like one of the posters said, they should have come clean with exactly what was being offered (a shitty remix). All of that 90 minutes bullshit was completely unnecessary.

Yes... All those poor people in EVERYWHERE OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES who had to be pulled away from their thanksgiving dinner for this shitty remix. Oh, the humanity of it all. They probably even missed Mark Sanchez running face first into somebody's ass... because we all know how much EVERYONE OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES loves some NFL football on their thanksgiving.

Wait, other countries don't celebrate Thanksgiving? Why didn't George W Bush bomb them last decade?

:love:

'murca! :fist:

i dunno, i was on a hot date with Daniel Craig that night! :cute:

I like to bring my fans here at Interference rare and unusual U2 content - and l like to bring it to The Hive™ mind first.

Sign in to the site tomorrow evening, Wednesday, 28nd November, (8pm GMT), and be the first in the world to read some pretty special U2 analysis.

That's all were saying for now!

Best wishes
The Nick66 Team!

I'm expecting a video of you saving Larry's life. I will be gutted if it's anything else.

I have not accepted that the remix is "rare and unusual" so I am still sitting infront of my screen, logged on to U2.com, feverishly refreshing the page and not moving until some unusual content shows up.

I have not accepted that the remix is "rare and unusual" so I am still sitting infront of my screen, logged on to U2.com, feverishly refreshing the page and not moving until some unusual content shows up.

Oh, that remix is certainly unusual.

Back
Top Bottom