What's the song playing after the show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drleomarvin

Babyface
Once '40' wraps, Larry leaves, and the house lights come on - a U2 songs begins playing (at least it did at the SJ 4/9 and 4/10 shows). What song is this? It is infectuous and I need it! Thanks so much for any and all info!!!

If it's the same song they played in Anaheim and L.A. it's a cover of REM's "It's the end of the world as we know it". I've had it stuck in my head for like 2 weeks! It is sung very slow, as opposed to super-fast like REM sings it.
I'd love to know who the artist is.

The cover was done by Julee Cruise, and the song is found on the album Hed Kandi: Winter Chill. This is not the song I was refering to, but hope this helps.

Odd music question but in the right forum

At the end of the second Manchester gig the PA played a cover version of REM's "end of the world" as the crowd was leaving the stadium - does anyone know who the band was?

It was a ambient, trippy mix (not a punk cover) and it sounded like a woman's vocal.

Anyo helpo mucho appreciato.

Sorry to bump this thread BUT I NEED TO KNOW!

I've tried searching the net REM forums and p2ps with NO luck at all - only loads of punk covers :(

Anybody?

U2 mixer, 2 (or more) threads have been merged. Check out the 3rd post of this 'merged' thread...

drleomarvin said:
The cover was done by Julee Cruise, and the song is found on the album Hed Kandi: Winter Chill.

Last edited:
1st Night Manchester - Kraftwerk, Man Machine.. Fantastic!

or did I imagine that?

2nd Night - the REM cover - I have to agree this version was SO good!

I realise I haven't helped too much! :scratch:

you need to replace the "ysi" with "you send it" with no spaces. then it will work.

Back
Top Bottom