What U2 song means the most to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where the Streets Have No Name. I like the escapist feeling of the song, the idea of going to a place that is all your own. A place that you can only share with someone really special. Not too mention the rush feeling that the song gives you, especially the live version.

I don't really relate to most of Bono's lyrics, just cause our life experiences our so different. But I appreciate the beauty and honesty in them.

Completely depends how I feel on the day. A few days ago, So Cruel. Today, She's A Mystery To Me. Tomorrow, who knows?

A sort of homecoming maybe.....?

Discotheque has meaning for me.....so does Is That All and Zoo Station....

Running to Stand Still. I loved a lot of other "favorite" U2 songs before that one, but it's the first U2 song that actually changed me, changed the way I thought about something.

There are so many great songs, but 'Gone' always gets to me, as if the song was written just for me...the imagery in the songs on the entire UF & JT albums make them very special too, especially UF.

I can get real broken up over "One" "Bad" and "EP & A" I just think they are all so deep, so real and so close to home for me. Which is why they mean the most to me, and why I can't listen to them anymore.

Last edited:
there are so many songs that all deeply move me but 'With or Without You' jumps at me...there is no other song that compares when it come to its popularity, then i think of all the times ive spent with people and everyone knows it. I've had so many shared experiences with people when that songs plays or comes up in conversation, then someone inevtiably sings it, gettin others goin on it too. Its a great love song that im sure many can identify with. in a weird way, when loneliness kicks in, it cheers me up, as painful as the song can be. i think it reminds me of some of the most meaningful relationships ive had too- the goods and the bads they brought to the table. its really not a comfortable song to listen to sometimes ...i could go on for much longer about WOWY but i got mercy for you all:wink:

Last edited:
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (see username)

I can't really explain why. It takes me to a place I love whenever I listen to it. The first time I heard it was actually on the Sydney video. I didn't have a copy of Zooropa at the time and when I heard that song on the video, I just froze. I just thought it was the most beautiful thing. And it's so incredibly simple, too.

Walk On...I sant that song to my stepdad on his deathbed..and Trying To Throw Your Arms Aroung The World....this was his song,everytime i hear it i just break down and cry..:sad: Every song means alot to me.It bring back memories that i don't want to forget.

Gone always gets to me, I can relate to lyrics in that sooooooooo muchand I also love the lyrics in One Tree Hill and it always moves me, but I think the Rattle version of Pride means the most to me, as it was that song that turned me into a U2 explorer and major, major U2 fan:wink:

For me, pretty much anything off Achtung Baby. My parents got divorced around the time that album came out and I couldn't tell you how many times I listened to it. The emotions of the whole album really helped me to deal with all the stuff going on. Made me feel like my emotions were normal and okay. UTEOTW or So Cruel would probably be the songs that I relate the most to, although not my favorite songs.

EP & A. it's a truely beautiful way to spend a few minutes. takes me on a different jounrny everytime. half of the singing isn't even using real words, parts of it you can try to decipher and come up with something new everytime. that's what i love about that jingle. it becomes what you want it to be & constantly evolves. For a good time, play it as loud as you can in a car down the highway (w/ no traffic of course) on a sunny day.

Back
Top Bottom