What U2 CD have you been listening lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strangely enough, ATYCLB. I say strangely because I haven't listened to it in a long while, but I'm once again discovering how this album was made for certain periods in your life when you need to move on from loss. I'm in one of those periods right now, and once again, ATYCLB has helped me so much. Every song seems to springboard from the previous one in a way that sends you higher and further out of yourself and back into the world.

Michael Griffiths said:
Strangely enough, ATYCLB. I say strangely because I haven't listened to it in a long while, but I'm once again discovering how this album was made for certain periods in your life when you need to move on from loss. I'm in one of those periods right now, and once again, ATYCLB has helped me so much. Every song seems to springboard from the previous one in a way that sends you higher and further out of yourself and back into the world.
:yes:
That's so funny (funny weird not haha); it's the same for me. I listened to ATYCLB for all last week for just about the same reason. It came out during a really weird period of my life, and carried me through a really BAD period, and listening to it now makes me realize that I am capable of moving on, and that I can look back at people who hurt me really badly and smile about the good times. It made me feel really good about myself, so I kept it in and had a really good week. And after I got some really bad news last Thursday morning, I really needed to hear songs that said in a little while, the hurt would hurt no more.

That really does seem to be the connecting thread of the album...It's all about what you don't have, you don't need it now; hitting an iceburg in your life and staying afloat. That sounds really cheesey but it's so true.

Today I was listening to my Best of Elevation bootleg set, because I'm completely obsessed with the Mysterious Ways from Bono's birthday on there. (Edited to add: ) During which I just realized he says, "On your knees, Bono." Now I love it even more!!

Last edited:
Schmeg said:

:yes:
That's so funny (funny weird not haha); it's the same for me. I listened to ATYCLB for all last week for just about the same reason. It came out during a really weird period of my life, and carried me through a really BAD period, and listening to it now makes me realize that I am capable of moving on, and that I can look back at people who hurt me really badly and smile about the good times. It made me feel really good about myself, so I kept it in and had a really good week. And after I got some really bad news last Thursday morning, I really needed to hear songs that said in a little while, the hurt would hurt no more.

That really does seem to be the connecting thread of the album...It's all about what you don't have, you don't need it now; hitting an iceburg in your life and staying afloat. That sounds really cheesey but it's so true.

Today I was listening to my Best of Elevation bootleg set, because I'm completely obsessed with the Mysterious Ways from Bono's birthday on there.

I've got that same bootleg, where Bono says "I feel like Hugh Heghner" Sorry for the spelling.
:scratch:

:hmm: I tend to cheat. I have all of them on 'puter on shuffle! :lol: But if I had to pick one CD whose songs I listen to more than others...Um...No, I don't think I can, never mind! :lol:

:hmm: But let me just say that the remix of Beautiful Day rules!

Last weekend I listened to Elevation Notre Dame (which brought back warm fuzzies of my first GA experience--and my amazement to see them in such a tiny venue), and today I popped Achtung Baby into my stereo.

:tongue:

I really havent been listening to U2 all that much lately. If I do, it's usually something live or rare. Just random stuff if it's U2.

What I have been listening to a lot:

AFI
The Clash
Zwan
Sigur Ros
Interpol
Idlewild

u2popmofo said:
I really havent been listening to U2 all that much lately. If I do, it's usually something live or rare. Just random stuff if it's U2.

What I have been listening to a lot:

AFI
The Clash
Zwan
Sigur Ros
Interpol
Idlewild

dude, you just said the other day that you'd been listening to more u2 recently...

unless you lied when you said you were listning to pop and the unforgettable fire

when was that? last week? i've got really no concept of time...

IWasBored said:

dude, you just said the other day that you'd been listening to more u2 recently...

unless you lied when you said you were listning to pop and the unforgettable fire

when was that? last week? i've got really no concept of time...

I did listen to those 2 albums, once each. Not enough for me to feel good about saying I've "been listening to them lately". But like I said, what U2 I have listened to has been fairly random, not too much consistency on my part. I need to start dedicating myself in that regard.

~LadyLemon~ said:
Last weekend I listened to Elevation Notre Dame (which brought back warm fuzzies of my first GA experience--and my amazement to see them in such a tiny venue), and today I popped Achtung Baby into my stereo.

:tongue:

AHH ND boot is awesome..i listen to that all the time. that was my fav show i went to :) **getting warm fuzzy memories**

Back
Top Bottom