What is the best crowd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anyone crowd expect americans , they dont appreicate it as much as south america and austrliasia

vaz02 said:
anyone crowd expect americans , they dont appreicate it as much as south america and austrliasia

:rolleyes:

What makes the best crowd? And how can you honestly judge without being at every show. I think the only people who could judge would be U2.

And singing along doesn't make a good crowd...sometimes it's incredibly annoying. Certain songs just aren't sing alongs.

I'm not sure who's the best, but I did see a lot of enthusiasm on the Sao Paulo DVD. And not necessarily singing along, but things like more smiles and arms in the air. Even for Miss Sarejevo, you see a lot of swaying, smiles, and arms in the air even though that was a sleepy song in many other places. It just comes across as more appreciation.

1. Minneapolis
2. Dublin
3. Milano
4. Chile

The audience was on fire when they were in Minneapolis.

I believe even U2 have commented on the incredible nature of the Montreal crowds.

Maybe even Edmonton? Have you guys seen any of the Oilers games? Those folks are cer-azy!

~A.j.~

I don't think anyone can elect the best crowd! I think what everyone is nominating here is the most emotional crowd. I agree that latin countries are good in that. I mean latin in America and in Europe. And apart from that... Ireland of course... their home.

fandangamoq said:
I believe even U2 have commented on the incredible nature of the Montreal crowds.

Maybe even Edmonton? Have you guys seen any of the Oilers games? Those folks are cer-azy!

~A.j.~
Naya said:
Montrealers all the way!!!!!!! Edge commented on it in the last issue of Prop, so there you go.:wink:
Montreal ftw. That place was amazingly loud.

annie_vox said:
I think what everyone is nominating here is the most emotional crowd.

I'm not sure I agree with that - on the Sao Paulo DVD they smiled to Miss Sarejevo, as opposed to crying to it :wink:. An emotional crowd would have cried to that song. And a lot of the other songs they jumped to. I believe some of the GA people also camped out for *3* nights to get a good spot. To me that's enthusiasm more than it is emotion.

I agree with others about the Montreal crowds. I went to Toronto, Ottawa, NYC and Montreal. Montreal had the best buzz of them all, on a Monday night to boot!!
NYC was a close second.
Montreal in 2001 was also another highlight...have to see U2 in Montreal to understand...

Back
Top Bottom