What does it mean to you to be a U2 fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbi16

War Child
To me personally I think it means to be willing to take a lesson in history and current events and challenge the things you believe in, both politically and spiritually. It is to be part be part of a community of strong minded and intelectual individuals yet transcend differences and come together through the music and concerts to form a spectacle of peace and love only rivaled by the Woodstock generation.

Yes maybe I'm overly sentimental about all this, and maybe it's not this perfect all the time. But I'm constantly blown away by the friends I've developed online, and at lines. The generosity of complete strangers, whether for boots or acquiring tickets, etc. etc. etc. The range of conversations that spring up and how intelligently discussed they are also amaze me and I'm constantly learning something new. Not to mention the infinite amount of information that I've acquired from just trying to understand the references in the songs and concerts (ZooTV especially).

I don't know I'm a little bored but I really just wanted to say how much I feel blessed to be part of this community.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

To me it means having a better taste in music than everyone else, except for other U2 fans.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

That was a good one mikal.
smile.gif

Marina, you summarized the whole thing very well, nothing much to add. U2 and their music are part of our lives, and an important part. All can I say, again, is that I?m proud to be a U2 fan. U2 fans are really great, throughout the world.

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 01-12-2002).]

Their music has helped me through so many bad times in my life. I have been fan for many years and will be for the rest of my life. It's really simple with me---their music just speaks to my soul.

------------------

I hit an iceberg in my life
You know I'm still afloat
You lose your balance, lose your wife
In the queue for the lifeboat

--New York

1.) Being more aware
2.) Being a "better" person than I was before I met Rocks hottest ticket
3.) Spending too much money on music (if this is possible)
4.) Putting my Bon jovi fanatism to rest
biggrin.gif

------------------
beLIEve

Knowing their music has inspired me to become a better person, and realize that music can be a very spiritual thing (even for one not very religious as myself). I've also met so many wonderful people, and have had some of the best times of my life through this board (which I joined, of course, because of my fandom for U2).

I get real girly and emotional over them, too...so don't worry, mb.
smile.gif

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

First of all, it means enjoying the magic of Bono's voice and the sound of the band.
It means the happyness of listening to a U2 album for the first time.
It means lyrics that can either move you or make you think - and lyrics that just hit home for me, more often than any other band.
It means the sharing of U2 news with fellow U2 fans on this board.
It means the continuing hope of seeing them live someday.
It means the incredible luck of getting to hear B-sides, and a bootleg, won in a competition.
It means (when watching Boston show)
choking and getting tears in your eyes when watching Streets and Bad, tapping along to Desire, being mesmerized by Stay, filling up with energy by Beautiful day and Elevation and I will follow, being moved by Bono's voice in Stuck and Kite (again choking at this one), getting mesmerized one more time at With or without you and grooving to The fly.
Smiling big time whenever a video comes on, particularly at the first time.
It means watching the Grammys (even though i already knew the results), throwing your fist in the air, and going "yesss!" 3 times.
It means being proud of them at winning any award, and being nominated.

It's just sinking into this special sonic world, you know - intense and emotional.

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-13-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom