What do u think the fan ticket setup will be this time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You pinpoint the whole reason that it should be seniority. If people sign up just to get tickets, screw them.

well, I signed up, exactly for the possibility to get tickets! It's the only reason. I wouldn't spend my money for a website with so-called exclusive content that can be found anywhere on the internet.

I have no expectation that it will be any better/easier than last time. Regardless of how long I've been a fan, what clubs I have or have not subscribed to, I don't feel like U2 owes me personally anything. Of all the ideas floating around about how to handle pre-sales and memberships, the only one that sounds worth doing to me is the idea of using will-call and the buyer must present the credit card that purchased the tickets. Bringing back Propoganda lists and giving those people priority....how would that even work? I mean, the main goal is selling the tickets, and U2 have no problem with that! In fact the problem is just that....everything sells out in seconds.

My strategy is same as last time...get a group of fan friends together and pool resources. Buy anything we can get. Use what we don't want to trade for what we do want.

My main worry is not that I as a fan won't get priority, but that Livenation would be able to handle the load that is a U2 ticket sale. This I have yet to believe until I see it. Even on Ticketbastard I've had to wait a long while in queues.

I am so with you on this. I completely agree. There really is no fail safe system. I think your strategy is a good one and will be doing the same here for sure. I too agree that LN won't be able to handle the demand and will basically crash and burn. It's gonna be a mess. I have been a member of u2.com since 2004 and have kept renewing strictly for the tix and that's it. I honestly think Will call is really the only way to go to eliminate or significantly reduce the amount of scalpers buying tix.

As far as GA tix they really should follow what Springsteen does in the line up procedures.. Handing out wristbands at a certain time and then randomly drawing an number and then lining up accordingly.

Can non-members of the U2 site get tickets?

I dont want to pay to join the site

Last time i saw them my mates got me a ticket somehow

This time i think i'm on ticket duty

Yeah, but if you're a U2.com member, you're sposed to get them before the general release to everyone else.

I stayed off school to get mine on the release day, cos Im not a U2.com member. :up: I think it started at 9am, and I got though (after a LOT of refreshing) at about 11am.

Turned out I kept inputting my mums credit card as the wrong type. :lol:

Well Ive only done it once, but just be there at the time it starts, like I said, last time was 9am in the UK, friday or thursday, I forget.

And keep trying if the page times out, cos there are a squillian other people doing the same as you. :up:

Well, last years tickets are £60 (give or take £1 or 2 for handling and whatever)

So, Id say it'd be roughly the same. Not exactly cheap but there ya go. :huh:

Zoo TV tickets were £20. D: How times change.

If i know the dates in advance i usually do ok in the whole queue/website crashing thing - never tried it with U2 though so i might be going out of my depth this time lol

I always manage to get Oasis tickets - i spent 2 hours refreshing ticketmaster for this summers gigs in manchester - and they always have the usual mental rush for tickets

I have been pretty lucky in the past with getting tickets to big gigs most times out of the times I've tried. However, I never know whether or not you should keep refreshing the page or not; if you are placed in the 'queue' is it best to stick with that and just open new windows or should you keep refreshing that one page?

I just hope Paul Mc Cartney has convinced Bono to get U2 to Liverpool. Hes seen our new stadium when he was at the MTV awards. :hyper:

The Echo Arena is too small for U2 in summertime - Anfield will collapse with the pressure of hosting U2

Cant see it happening

Maybe Sefton Park outdoor - that can hold 70k

I have been pretty lucky in the past with getting tickets to big gigs most times out of the times I've tried. However, I never know whether or not you should keep refreshing the page or not; if you are placed in the 'queue' is it best to stick with that and just open new windows or should you keep refreshing that one page?

If the page is loading, then hold on to that page

Wait until the error message comes up - sometimes those pages take a while to load and then you get the right result

I usually try and go for 2 or 3 different sites who are selling the tickets officially like ticketmaster etc.

If one works then i just go for it

The Echo Arena is too small for U2 in summertime - Anfield will collapse with the pressure of hosting U2

Cant see it happening

Maybe Sefton Park outdoor - that can hold 70k

Do you think so? Ive never actually been in it, but it looked big from the outside. :(

Id like them to just play somewhere easy for me to get to. :( Cardiff is a long way from the Isle of Man... :depressed:

a little bird told me......

maybe not just will call for fan club but for all "prime seats" even if you buy in the general sale.

shhhhh

(dates are coming sooner than later)

Can non-members of the U2 site get tickets?

I dont want to pay to join the site

Yes. I've never been a member of any paying site/club except this one. Last tour I pretty much got every ticket I wanted, though only one of my dozens (between myself, husband, and any friends I was buying for) I actually got through TicketMaster during a general sale. Most of mine were face-value purchases from other fans. During a tour a new sub-forum will open up and there will be tickets for sale/trade. I also got some from scalpers, probably could have gotten face value if I tried harder but they were shows I needed to plan for in advance and couldn't gamble. One show I randomly decided I wanted to see the day before, drove 9 hours without a ticket, waited at the box office all day, and got a GA ticket drop at 5pm.

For all my bitching and moaning about scalper prices, GA lottery procedure, etc, I ended up seeing 10 shows (and only one involved me paying for a plane ticket and hotel room - Hawaii - because I was on my honeymoon) and was in the ellipse 3 times, front row twice. So I saw three times as many shows as I originally intended (3) and beat the 1/8 odds of making it into the ellipse.

So all in all, I'm still a happy fan, still maintain that it's my choice to see shows and the band doesn't owe me shit just b/c I think I'm a bigger fan than someone else. I'll tell you one of the highlights for me was in Detroit, my friends and I got scanned into the ellipse and there was this girl screaming next to us, she was a "newbie fan" she said, her first U2 show ever and she was front row, spitting distance from Edge, and it was totally cool. People can't help when they are born. I was with a good friend who has been a U2 fan since 1984 and that's the year I was born.

My main gripe about last tour was not the tickets or the GA or the lottery, but the lack of basic communication between the U2 camp and the venues. For example in Detroit I was nearly assaulted by security because I was carrying a camera. For one, I did not intend to bring my camera IN (I was in the parking lot, taking pics with friends), but second, U2 staff had made it clear to fans that they didn't care about point-and-shoot cameras. There were also several times fans got mixed messages about taking in a small backpack or purse. Like how hard is it for someone to type up a list and ask the venue to pass a memo around to their security staff? I'm not a confrontational person but at the same time I don't like 5 different people giving me different answers when I politely ask a legit question.

Last tour I pretty much got every ticket I wanted, though only one of my dozens (between myself, husband, and any friends I was buying for) I actually got through TicketMaster during a general sale. Most of mine were face-value purchases from other fans. During a tour a new sub-forum will open up and there will be tickets for sale/trade.

Yep, yep, yep.

I got a ticket for one of the Seattle shows through the Ticketmaster web site. Got a ticket for the other Seattle show, at face value, on eBay. Bought a third from someone I knew online who needed to sell one of theirs.
The fourth I actually found on Craigslist, again at face value.

I'm not going to hold out hope that I'm going to have such good luck again with this tour, but it can be done!

Ok this is relatively reassuring, thanks for that information.

Even if I can't get tickets for the UK/Ireland dates in the general sale at least there is the option of buying from other fans in the sub-forum or from scalpers at a higher price - tbh after missing Vertigo (which was the first chance I could have had to see them but all the UK dates were in the middle of exams - stupid U2!!!), I will pretty much pay any money (within reason!) to get to see at least one show.

And it might just be me but, I really don't understand what that little 'tidbit' of info actuially meant from editorinchief....:|

This ticket crap makes me sick...

The Propaganda list was the best ;) hehe...Those were the days...

I predict we'll get screwed in some fashion, but oh well, with the right amount of determination, anyone can get the ticket/spot they want at any given concert ;)

Oh, and 'editorinchief' the role of 'guy who posts vague cryptic posts' has already been filled.

Yeah, but Ive been here since 01. I know a lot of people on the board( have hooked many up with tickets). Im not some random guy that signed up yesterday.

Im not being cryptic. Im just not at liberty to discuss any info I have beyond what I stated or I wont be privy to that info in the future.

Let me just point out that for the last decade+ all tours have started in March:sexywink:

I'll be your best friend forever if you hook me up with tickets :hug:

Ps. when was the last time they started a tour in the same month as the album was released??

Yeah, but Ive been here since 01. I know a lot of people on the board( have hooked many up with tickets). Im not some random guy that signed up yesterday.

Im not being cryptic. Im just not at liberty to discuss any info I have beyond what I stated or I wont be privy to that info in the future.

Let me just point out that for the last decade+ all tours have started in March:sexywink:

i trust what you say but... one thing tho there is no way the tour will start in march.. the album is out beginning of march how could they pull that off? Tickets would have to go on sale this month for that to happen. We have no new single yet either. In the past, as I am sure you know their albums have come out in the fall (at least the last two have) so they have a few months of the new album out and PR stuff going on prior to touring. If you have noticed the U2 camp has been super quiet this time around..

IMO...if I was privy to some kind of info I would keep it to myself until I had more info to give and not put a teaser up like that it just stirs up the natives into a frenzy.

IMO...if I was privy to some kind of info I would keep it to myself until I had more info to give and not put a teaser up like that it just stirs up the natives into a frenzy.

Agreed. We need galoshes to wade through all the rumors and misinformation and BS around here lately. The last thing we need is an "I know something that you don't" post. Either share it with the class, or keep it to yourself :shrug:

with all fairness...

I really just intended to comment on the subject that was at hand which was ticket distribution- my point there was to expect to see will call for not only fan club but for any "prime" seats

Ill leave it at that

It is okay editorinchief. I'm not in a frenzy.... yet. :wink:

You might have something. Maybe you don't. Either way, I made the assumption that your account has been around long enough that you just might know someone, but I'm not selling the farm on it exactly. I'm cool with it.

Back
Top Bottom