What Are You Listening To Now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonlit_Angel said:
I have VH1 Classic on..."Seasons In The Sun" by Terry Jacks is playing.

This song is...creepy...

Ah, but do you know the original, by Jacques Brel? It's called Le Moribond and is eons better than that Terry Jacks adaptation. :)

me: Gavin Friday and The Man Seezer - Tell Tale Heart
(from Each Man Kills The Thing He Loves)

Moonlit_Angel said:
Heh, I didn't even know there was another version of that song :p. When did it come out?

Brel released his song in 1961.
I have his compilation called Infiniment. It's really good. Lots of his songs were later adapted to English, like Amsterdam (by Bowie and Bono also quotes from it sometimes), Au Suivant (as Next by Gavin Friday), Ne Me Quitte Pas (as If You Go Away by Dusty Springfield), etc.

By the way, "Isolation" by Joy Division is playing now.

I know, as you also said it in the other thread. :p

me: Gavin Friday and The Man Seezer - Dazzle And Delight
(from the album that also has Next on it)

LOL, gee, what a lovely sentiment being expressed in that Kaiser Chiefs title :p...

Popmartijn said:
Brel released his song in 1961.
I have his compilation called Infiniment. It's really good. Lots of his songs were later adapted to English, like Amsterdam (by Bowie and Bono also quotes from it sometimes), Au Suivant (as Next by Gavin Friday), Ne Me Quitte Pas (as If You Go Away by Dusty Springfield), etc.

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I may consider keeping an eye out for some of this stuff.

Originally posted by Popmartijn
I know, as you also said it in the other thread. :p

Heh...:).

"Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles is playing now (ah, another childhood memory! :D).

*Proceeds to walk like an Egyptian*

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom