What are you drinking Part 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, i think we bought a couple of the small kegs of the Konig - not bad at all!!

I haven't tried any absinthe, my only experience of it is picking up my husband one night after his one and only time of drinking it - it was very scary, he was hallucinating terribly, punching people who weren't there, and telling me about these 4 guys who were after him. He literally threw himself down our driveway to "get away" from them!!!!

Oh, ouch. That would have been the wormwood stuff - I have never tried it and was unfamiliar with it, so whenever somebody would say you trip on absinthe, I thought they were exaggerating. I think the wormwood absinthe is currently banned here, at least in large doses. Same as agave worms.

Konig's not too bad a beer, it's from Germany so it's immediately better than most Aussie choices, and the cartons and barrels are so cheap, it's a good deal all round. :up:

Yep, I'm a big fan of German Beer (go Schutzenfest!!!)

Yeah, he had the absinthe at some dodgy party that I didn't go to. I too assumed the exaggerations about the stuff - until I saw him that night, it was pretty scary, much like being with someone who was having a 'bad trip'!

It was probably about 2 years ago now...and actually now I think about it, it was up at the Tea Tree Gully Pub. He said the next day that one of the guys working behind the bar was a friend of a friend, and he pulled the bottle out from somewhere. I can only assume that they were drinking in the front bar after closing time (coz I know I went and rescued him at some ridiculous hour LOL!!).

....I could go a Becks right now:)

Tea Tree, eh? Barely been over there. In any case, I can assure you that the absinthe you buy here legally won't make you feel like you're discovering uncharted territory with Francis Drake when you're actually, in fact, just crawling around on some pavement, vomiting. :wink: It's like 70% stuff, though - so it's still nothing to drink in excess.

Also: Posts: 1973!

Yeah, I'm a beer drinker almost exclusively now. Had bad experiences with wine when I was back in high school. It was cheap and easy to get so I would go through casks pretty quickly. It's completely stupid on reflection, and I make a point of not doing stuff like that anymore.

I'm getting to some pretty awesome years with my postcount, actually. 1776 and 1812 soon.

Back
Top Bottom