What album should everyone NOT own

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I will continue my trend of posting knock-offs of other people's threads. Now that we have established what the best of the best is, tell me what you think should be destroyed, never listened to again, and/or what has more worth as a coaster/paper weight.

Good albums need not apply, only the cream of the waste heap are required... (we all know the obvious boy band, solo teen pop idol crap).

The more creative the better...

:wink:

I think we decided in the other thread that Matchbox 20's newest album is absolutely craptastic. Stay away from that stinkfest.

Any and everything by Creed. That band is a like a toilet full of floaters. I want to flush them into oblivion, but they just wont go down.

Last edited:
i tend to just stick with what i know i'll like, but occasionally i get a stinker.

you know those people who come out with that one good song? well yeah, that's all they got. their albums suck.

u2popmofo said:
Any and everything by Creed. That band is a like a toilet full of floaters. I want to flush them into oblivion, but they just wont go down.

Thank you... you are my hero.
They are the venereal disease of rock music (no offense to Creed fans... or as I like to call them, the "infected ones").

Why are all of their songs the same?

I would like to add Nickelback to that list (hey, their from my home town!)- Silverside Up. If I hear "Remind me" one more time...

Why are all their songs the same, and why does Scott Stapp do the same 2 moves in EVERY single 10 second period of EVERY single video of theirs.

Speaking of Scott Stapp, why does he copy Eddie Vedder's singing style? Why does his whole band try to be Pearl Jam? Why dont they admit they're a Christian band? Why is Mark Tremonti such a douchebag? Why do people like that band?

If they claim themselves as religious they'll lose record sales. I think Eddie and Scott should duke it out.

The thing that bothers me the most is when critics compare Creed to U2 (I hate that so much) because of their spiritual side. U2 is subtle and leaves songs open to interpretation. Most of the time I don't even hear the religious undertones in U2 music, but come on Scott, everyone knows you're an altar boy looking for attention.

I am not embarrased by most of the records in my collection. I still like them, although some not as much anymore as I did before. However, there is one album I now think is utter rubbish:
Phil Collins - No Jacket Required

Sussudio is nice, but the rest... (I also have his ...But Seriously and Serious Hits Live album and those are not that bad). So, don't buy this album. And if you do, don't say I didn't warn you!

C ya!

Marty

whos april levin?

anything by:

theory of a deadman (the worst band of all time)
creed
nickelback (the second worst band of all time)
bon jovi
matchbox twenty
saliva
kiss
slipknot
and many more. these are the absolute worst though.

The Celine Dion collection...

Avril Lavigne

The rembrants (singers of the theme song from Friends)

Santana- Supernatural

Spice Girls...actually, you know what? I think people should own this album. Technically, there's nothing wrong with it. It's fun, it's poppy. I kinda feel like listening to it...:reject:

Slipnot. Yeah, that's a band that really truthfully just sucks.

Insane Clown Posse, complete crap that you should scrape off of your shoe.

Flag Pole Pear said:
anything by:

bon jovi

I have to disagree with you here. Keep The Faith is a good album. It's maybe the only good album they ever made, but nevertheless, you should not be too ashamed to own that one.

C ya!

Marty (yes, I own, and like, that album :p)

I feel badly saying this, since he died

But when I was a kid, I got this album for Christmas from my uncle, because I liked John Denver

:eek:

cd008.jpg

I used to love singing along to Rocky Mountain High :eek: I think I was only about 10 years old though, so it's OK :D

Popmartijn said:

I have to disagree with you here. Keep The Faith is a good album. It's maybe the only good album they ever made, but nevertheless, you should not be too ashamed to own that one.

C ya!

Marty (yes, I own, and like, that album :p)

i have never even heard of the album. i do know bon jovi sucks, but if you like that album, thats ok, your european. :sexywink:

Anything by Loverboy, doesn't matter which album

Actually Vancouver (my hometown too Cujo) has produced some pretty bad acts, Loverboy, Nickleback, Bryan Adams not to mention Chilliwack, while I'm at it any band that is named after a city or location should be banned: Boston, Kansas, Chicago and though they aren't named after a location, REO Speedwagon as well.
The worst part is not only does it hurt to hear these bands songs, but the songs also have the ability to infiltrate your mind so that once you hear them you cannot get them out of your head.

Originally posted by Dub

Actually Vancouver (my hometown too Cujo) has produced some pretty bad acts, Loverboy, Nickleback, Bryan Adams not to mention Chilliwack,

Actually Nickelback are from Hanna, Alberta... not that anyone cares, but I thought you would feel some relief knowing that you are not so close to such crap.

People you are forgetting two of the biggest of the bland...

Air Supply and Styx

Nasal singers and power ballads don't mix. As for Bon Jovi, all I can say is that they're not living on a prayer, but they sure as hell are living off the same damn sound they had in 1981. You can probably group Def Leppard in that category too (sorry).

I apologize in advance if I offended any Air Supply fans; you already have enough problems to deal with...

:mac:

)
Originally posted by cujo

Actually Nickelback are from Hanna, Alberta... not that anyone cares, but I thought you would feel some relief knowing that you are not so close to such crap.

Good to know Nickleback weren't "born" in Vancouver, but as they have adopted this city we get exposed to far too much of their product as every DJ in Vancouver feels they need to push local talent and play their music (if you can call it that)

I must say Air Supply brings back shuddering memories of grade 5 parties where it was played so all us 10 year olds could slow dance and cop a feel, I never want to hear "Lost in Love" again :barf:

Flag Pole Pear said:

i have never even heard of the album. i do know bon jovi sucks, but if you like that album, thats ok, your european. :sexywink:

LOL!

Whatever you think of the music, the album has at least as redeeming value that the cover was done by Anton Corbijn. So maybe it's not so much a European as a Dutch thing... :)

C ya!

Marty

Flag Pole Pear said:
haha, yanni.

i cant wait for the next dolt to say "oooh but i like yanni."

hehe, I used to like Yanni, back when I first started learning piano (this was in 7th-8th grade, when I didn't know any better). I think I still have some Yanni sheet music around here somewhere...:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom