Washington DC I Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
SBS doesn't need to retire it just needs to be as good live as it is on the album...I can never figure that one out, all their other songs rock live.

I think the War, JT, and Vertigo Tour versions top the album. ZooTV and definitely Elevation, however ...

(Popmart's SBS might as well have been a different song.)

RTSS (Walk On snippet) from Dublin 1...ah how I loved that :)

I miss RTSS as well, but this song is so beautiful as well, so I can't really complain...

How about both? :wink:

Most casual U2 fans don't know this song, which is why so many people yak through it. I couldn't imagine making a peep during it, but then again, I also couldn't imagine being a casual U2 fan, either.

GibsonGirl said:
Damn it, why is everyone talking?!

because this is where the show comes to a screaching halt-> Miss Sarajevo

just wait the talking will die down in a minute when everyone decides to take a bathroom break.

Varitek said:
SBS doesn't need to retire it just needs to be as good live as it is on the album...I can never figure that one out, all their other songs rock live.

You don't think SBS is as good live as it is on the album?? :huh: i never even listen to the album version cuz the live versions are so much better...more energy...more rockin'...

jphelmet said:

because this is where the show comes to a screaching halt-> Miss Sarajevo

just wait the talking will die down in a minute when everyone decides to take a bathroom break.

Some casual fans really suck. Of course, some diehards suck too, but I'd never even think about talking during a speech/slow song.

Lila64 said:

Switch Dirty Day in for the Bullet spot - just my opinion.

u2wedge - that picture didn't come thru for me :shrug:
\

09-16-05_2158.jpg

Axver said:

I think the War, JT, and Vertigo Tour versions top the album. ZooTV and definitely Elevation, however ...

(Popmart's SBS might as well have been a different song.)

I can't decide if I like the guitar only intro SBS from the JT tour, or the traditional drum version...and what was it about the E-tour version, did they slow it down, or change the key, or what? No good :(

Maybe I'm in the minority...but I doubt it: I really thought that "Running to Stand Still" sucked hard, on the first leg. But, you know...I deserve it. I always go on about the band not doing new things or old things in a new way often enough, anymore...and then (I admit it) I complain because they played "Running to Stand Still" differently than during Zoo TV.

In all likelihood, had I never heard the Zoo TV version, I would've loved the performance. I guess it's just like putting Brad Pitt next to Little Steven Van Zandt....it's pretty obvious who wins that battle. Just change the conflict from photogenic to musical, and you get my drift.

Holla if you hear me.

when miss sarajevo was played in holland for the first time there werent many people talkin ,at least nnot in the front section where i was...it was more of a jaw dropping thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom