Wake Island, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what's currently in my order cart:

Porcupine Tree: Stupid Dream remaster [funnily enough, not a book!]
Chinua Achebe: Things Fall Apart
Albert Camus: The Plague, The Fall, Exile and the Kingdom, and Selected Essays
Ray Bradbury: Fahrenheit 451
Joseph Heller: Catch 22
Erich Marie Remarque: All Quiet on the Western Front
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
Yevgeny Zamyatin: We
Walter M. Miller: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Walter Wink: Jesus and Non-violence [perhaps not what you expect an atheist to order ...]
Orson Scott Card: Ender's Game
George R. Stewart: Earth Abides
Salman Rushdie: The Satanic Verses
Ivo Andric: The Bridge on the Drina

No Kafka? :(

The COH tour honestly bores the piss out of me. The setlists are just so bad that I've never bothered to listen to much in the way of boots, and I've never quite looked for the lulz. I don't doubt they're there; it's probably what you described re: watching TV Gaga for the first time and the depth of the hilarity not quite being instantly apparent.

The COH tour honestly bores the piss out of me. The setlists are just so bad that I've never bothered to listen to much in the way of boots, and I've never quite looked for the lulz. I don't doubt they're there; it's probably what you described re: watching TV Gaga for the first time and the depth of the hilarity not quite being instantly apparent.

Yeah, the setlists couldn't possibly be worse, unless you're interested in hearing live Sun City, proto Maggie's Farm and slow-start SBS (never beaten on Self Aid, anyway). I do think coh bono sounded better than any of those other similar-named jerkasses, though. Mainly, it's worth watching for the occasional realisation of the whatthefuckery of the whole thing. Also, if you're considering buying a fringe jacket and looking like a girl, there's that dimension of it too.

Sweet. I haven't even started to consider artwork yet.

Cool. :up:

Ah, if only I could commission Patrick Hynes to draw something for me. He did all the great album covers for the East Bay from 1984 on.

I'm gonna go figure out how to get The Misfits from vinyl to Mp3. :wave:

sole mate?

shoes1.jpg

:wave:

Axver, if you're around, or when you arrive: I saw you're ordering the book We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. I wholly endorse this - I read it for school in 2007 and have re-read it about 7 times since. It's like...1984 mixed with Brave New World but a MILLION times better :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom