'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it could be worse, one time i listned to star star98.7 for 12 hours trying to win U2 tickets. Now THAT was hell.

martha said:
Be careful what you say on the phone. They use those tapes for station breaks!
Then we should just call up and leave the message "U2 VERTIGO!"

Can you imagine 500 messages on their voice mail that just say "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!"

Very Surreal!

adam3000 said:

Then we should just call up and leave the message "U2 VERTIGO!"

Can you imagine 500 messages on their voice mail that just say "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!" "U2 VERTIGO!"

Very Surreal!

LOL!

"it could be worse, one time i listned to star star98.7 for 12 hours trying to win U2 tickets. Now THAT was hell."

Did you win them?

But why would the new U2 single be premiered when no one's listening? That's the hour when radio stations have on local bands.

I also doubt 103.1 would get the right to premiere it, especially weeks before the official release date. Plus, KROQ usually gets U2 firsts because they go way way back with the band.

I just don't think it's going to happen.

This just sucks. I have been listening for almost 5 hours and I have heard about 12 different songs. It's one thing not to play Vertigo, but another to repeat the same freaking songs all day. If you are gonna have a U2 day, do it right and play different songs.

I'm gonna lose it.

Nesskelz17@aol. said:
maybe midnight LA time

It won't be that late. That's not a very optimum time to debut a new song unless they're contractually obligated to wait 'till Sept. 7. I'm thinking that's not the case, though. I'm thinking and hoping this station has the sole rights to debut this song which means they can pick their time to debut it.

Lucy3011 said:
"it could be worse, one time i listned to star star98.7 for 12 hours trying to win U2 tickets. Now THAT was hell."

Did you win them?

unfortunatley no. This was before they extended the elevation tour to the 3rd leg. But about a week after this radio contest, they announced the Tampa 12/1 show. I was llistening to the radio at 2am when they annonced that. I almost had a heart attack.

mobonofo said:
It's one thing not to play Vertigo, but another to repeat the same freaking songs all day. If you are gonna have a U2 day, do it right and play different songs.

Agreed. We might as well just put on all our albums in chronological order, turn off the radio, and wait until someone posts something...which won't happen, but still.

I don't think it'll just randomly play or anything. But I do think if it does play, a REAL PERSON will have to prompt it on the air first.

martha said:
See, the repeats and no one being there leads me to believe that it's not going to happen at all.
I tend to agree. I'm out of heart. Keep fighting the good fight! I'm still recording so if they do play it, hopefully I'll get it. See ya'!

I am giving up. It is beginning to seem very unlikely that this radio station will be playing U2's new song. What probably happened, was they were going to play it, and advertised it, and someone phoned U2's label, and they made them resist. Because, they haven't said that they will premeir anything, and it seems unlikely that they will throw in a song that people have been waiting four years for at the end of some trashy "Monday Bloody Monday" mix of 12 U2 songs. Just my opinion. I could be wrong, and this could be it. Who knows?

The only thing that leads me to believe this could be true... is that Intercope is in Santa Monica, CA... - I've been there - and is close to INDIE...

if the album truly is somewhat of a travel back for U2's music, and more guitar driven... it truly would appeal to a great deal of the listeners that listen to INDIE. Great PR for the band, and great PR for INDIE.... and it's this sort of 'grassroots' things that Interscope is known for.

What if I stop listening, and right after I turn off the comouter, Vertigo palys?

ZigZag said:
I don't think it'll just randomly play or anything. But I do think if it does play, a REAL PERSON will have to prompt it on the air first.

Agreed, I think we're at least 3 hrs away though.

Nesskelz17@aol. said:
What if I stop listening, and right after I turn off the comouter, Vertigo palys?

That's exactly the same feeling that's keeping me from going off to do something worthwhile.

mobonofo said:

Drink while you listen
unfortunatley, i'm under age and in my parents house. Although, there is some booze left over from a party the other night......

Seriously, it's not like we're going to hear October into Vertigo into Wild Horses. Someone at some point is going to have to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom