Usa, Oita, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oy someone's still here! I thought you all left!

How've you been? Got exam results already?

:crack: I totally fucked up the one I had this morning... 2 more to go..

I don't know probably won't til later this week :yikes:

I have another exam soon :yikes: x2, but it's in rock history. I'm reading my notes and something I wrote made me laugh out lout:

"was [Get Off Of My Cloud] very involved? Pretty simple, not complex, just three chords" and in parentheses I wrote (and the truth?)

:ohmy: You're doing a music study? How utterly awesome! That exlains how you know so much, and what you posted from your textbook before. Doh, I never really thought about it!

Nice edit! :lol:

:grumpy: Damn you weather! When I got back by train it was raining madly so I went home after getting bread. I was going to get some cds but decided not to. And now Ive been home for a while, it's freaking sunny and great weather. Now I don't feel like going out anymore.

Perhaps before my exam tomorrow I could go... or friday since I have the day off.. :hmm: Any cd suggestions? I'm going to get an Aerosmith greatest hits, GnR cd, :uhoh: Backstreetboys greatest hits... and more I don't know yet..

What kind of music are you looking for, I like a lot of different stuff.

And I just found something even better in my notes. I found out we were going to talk about Psychedelic music so I wrote:

"hippies?"

The he said the word psychedelic so I wrote:

"PSYCHEDELIC?!"

Then he played White Rabbit over the speakers and I wrote

WHITE RABBIT!

I'm a nut

White Rabbit? What's that? :hmm:

Most music I like is 80s and 90s rock music, with the odd pop tune here and there. :uhoh: I have like, 8 backstreeboys songs, 6 britney spears songs and other weird stuff on my ipod, but the vast majority is rock.

But I'm always into new stuff if it's any good.

Well my favorite (non-u2) bands are stuff like Bruce Springsteen, The Killers, Peter Gabriel, Tom Petty, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Rolling Stones. If any of those are of interest I can definitely tell you a few things

White Rabbit: YouTube - white rabbit

Oooh RHCP! :hmm: I have plenty of their songs... do they have greatest hits albums out? Or would you recommend me a diff album?

:uhoh: My bass teacher wants me to be able to play their songs in a while... no way I'll ever be able to do that! Flea is insane!

White Rabbit is great.

For RHCP, I'd get Californication. But they do have a Greatest Hits album as well. Californication is my favorite though

:hmm: I'll check to see if they have Californication. I like most songs off it anyway. I'm getting cds cause I hate the lowsy quality and volume differences of downloaded songs. For random kids it might be fine, but my ears are snobs and I want better quality. :angry:
And I barely have a music collection, so I figured it's time to get one.. I got a beatles cd, a robbie williams cd, 2 eps from my bass teacher's former band, an old bsb cd from my childhood that's only an empty cd case.. :hmm: And that's about it... well, except for the U2 collection tho.. that's about anything they released up to early this year.. never bothered to get anything after the remasters of JT. I guess I should pick up Red Rocks aswell .

I know! :reject: I lack loads of classics! I download songs I like for my ipod but yea, never gotten around to buy the cds.

Oh I forgot to add, I also have 3 linkin park cds. :wink:

Top albums (for me):

The Unforgettable Fire
Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
Magic - Bruce Springsteen
Peter Gabriel 3 - Peter Gabriel
So - Peter Gabriel < Seriously excellent album
Sam's Town - The Killers
Hot Fuss - The Killers
Abbey Road - The Beatles
Automatic For The People - REM
Bat Out of Hell I, II, and III - Meat Loaf
Black Holes and Revelations - Muse
Box - The National
Crowded House - Crowded House

Lots and Lots and Lots more

:crack: wtf, UABRS+dvd 35 euros. Ok, I'm NOT getting that then. They're fucking ripping people off on cds these days. No wonder people download!

:hmm: A killers album would be nice too. I have a few of their songs.. got a couple of Muse songs too.

:yawn: busy days, not enough sleep....but maybe i have the energy for a writing project

or maybe the writing project will be postwhoring?

No, but leaving interference would. This is my farewell guys. I'll pop in on occasion, but I've a real life to attend to, and I'm tired of dealing with babies. I'll see you all where I see you.

just ignore the shit. it's the internet, nobody says you have to do anythign you don't want to.

well, if you go, i'll miss you. will you still bang the drum?

did i miss something besides the start of the loserthread? has there been more antagonism? because if it's just that, why not ignore it/leave it be/chill in whichever thread? why do people need to be all petty/catty?

man, i'm sad, cause tonight is kinda dull and no great food and so it would have been a good night to go out, but nobody to go out with :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom