uplifting songs you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2opra

War Child
To this day, I still find U2 music the most uplifting and inspirational music out there... Whenever I'm down in the dumps - which can happen often, (as I suffer from depression) their music IS the MUSIC I listen to. I always feel some kind of connection with the words and the sounds, that sends shivers down my spine, but at the same time lifts my moods and takes me to another place.

A few songs I like that I find are uplifting are:

Beautiful Day
I still haven't found what I'm looking for
Elevtation
Where the streets have no name
Stuck in the moment you can't get out of
Ultraviolet
Eletrical Storm
Mofo

To name just a few...

So what are your favourite U2 uplifiting songs, and why? :applaud:

Vertigo, surely...............this tune has the rough rock and roll vein which makes me dance away the troubles everytime I feel down...........as same like end of the world, the fly and zoo station

Streets, TTTYAATW (after a heavy night out!), All I Want Is you, so many really. U2 really is about soul music - always designed to uplift you in some way i feel.

Walk On
When I Look At The World
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment

ATYCLB is that sort of album that uplifts you. :up:

Others include:

Zoo Station - It kinda makes me laugh, very cheery uppy song.

The Fly- Why wouldnt it lift my mood? Its one of my favourite all time songs! :hyper:

Zooropa

And plenty more I can't remember. :drool:

OOTS....because it rocks.
LWTSH..because of the first 4 seconds.
MOFO........need to answer?
DYFL.

To name a few.

where the streets have no name.
the song is so good I underrate it most of the time. does that make sense?
the beginning crescendo is just the best. i don't know what else to say!

Others include:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Discotheque

All make me :drool:

Streets and Bad, I always feel reinvigorated when I play either of these tracks.

The whole ATYCLB album. Even songs that have a bittersweet or even sad feeling about them can lift me up because in the end there is always hope. :heart:

Streets - It just builds and builds and builds, the uplifting continues long after the song has finished :love:

I find the most uplifting songs are the ones that acknowledge pain: all of Achtung Baby, all of The Joshua Tree, Bad, etc.

Of the new songs, I'd say "Stuck in a Moment".
The overly peppy songs make me feel alienated in their forced joy and make me even more depressed.

A few songs from the time HTDAAB was released conjure up memories of feelings I had about someone around that time. Miracle Drug and Original of the Species made me smile the other day; I had to listen to them at least 4 times each on the way to the gym.
Damaged my fracking knee ligaments, I think, though, and now I have to limp around. Darn!

Streets always lifts me up!!!!
And to think that Eno wanted to erase the mastertape:lol: (coz of the problems recording it )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Last Sunday I suddenly remembered the uplifting tone of "ground beneath her feet" outro, from the moment of "only love" Bono's wailing and Edge's guitar blast on.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom