Updated 18+(!!!) minute audio thanks to our...friends at U2achtung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancemc said:
These tracks sound Edge-produced to be honest.

:hmm: Good thought!

In the past, it seems like times of adversity in Edge's life have led to some pretty cutting stuff:

War = dealing with quitting Shalom

Achtung/Zooropa = divorce

Beach 2006 = sian?

Does anyone know how long the band will stay in Eze? Maybe the next week some other songs will pop up.

Lancemc said:
These tracks sound Edge-produced to be honest.

Yes, I think this is U2's studio work pre-bringing in a producer.

My guess for how things will go:
- Now: U2 work in the studio by themselves
(- Bring in a producer they know well to do a September single, if that is true.)
- Late October: Tour rehearsal
- Nov/Dec: Tour
- First half 2007: Bring in album producer, record album.
- Second half 2007: Album release, probably close to Christmastime.

Wow, I was gone for a couple of hours clearing up some storm damage and the 18 minute beach clip :drool:

I just loaded these songs on the iPod - now I just need some artwork :hmm:

I love to hear the unfinished material like this if for no other reason than they usually contain a couple of guitar solo’s . Bono’s voice sounds very strong. I think its great that this just snuck up on us.

Thanks to everyone who got the longer clip and shared it over here :applaud:

Axver said:

(- Bring in a producer they know well to do a September single, if that is true.)

That sounds like the logical thing to do :up:

Niceman said:

Or....

Everywhere you go you shout it....BOOM-CHA!

:lol:!!!!!!

we'll need a new thread soon!!!

i'll be out most of the day tomorrow, but these new gems are safely on my ipod :)

its been a great evening with everyone here!!
:wave: bye for now!!!

I guess 409 is something called like "Find A Way She Loves"....that's what I hear in the chorus.

Axver said:

This makes sense, that way they'll be setup for a 2008 tour? Election year in the US!

BANZAI said:
What do you people think about the overall sound of the songs compared to ATYCLB and HTDAAB? A new musical direction imho

I think the new clips might be a bit deceptive. If you listen to the Salome bootlegs some of the songs had the JT/R&H sound while leaning towards the AB sound. So I imagine that at the time of the tapings the band was probably listening to tracks with a similar mood. Especially if Lanois is producing. Actually I think we might get the album that HTDAAB was intended to be. In the Rolling Stone interview Bono said that songs like OOTS and Sometimes took the band away from the album they invisioned. He also said that Edge was going places on the tour that were exciting. 402 and 409 seem to support that. But who knows?

I say stick with the numbers. It eliminates those pesky acronyms that no one can figure out without a chart.

In 409, on Edge's backing vocals, it sounds like two layers---it seems like there are parts where the lower "ooooooh" overlaps with the run of "ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh" (i think it's easiest to hear it in the end of the song). Could this be a recorded portion--or at least a partially recorded portion that they're playing in front of?

I don't think any of these songs listed on U2 star are the tracks that we've heard, so U2 has a lot of material ready to go;

These are songs that have been mentioned in the buildup to U2's next studio album:
"Love Is All We Have Left" - a song Bono named during his May, 2006, trip to Africa as one that he had recently written. "It’s like an old Broadway tune. I thought it was a Frank Sinatra song," Bono said.
"North Star," a song from the How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions which included a guest organ appearance from Michael W. Smith. In this CCM article, Smith describes the song as a tribute to Johnny Cash.
"Mercy", one of the last songs to get cut from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, described in Blender magazine as "a six-and-a-half-minute outpouring of U2 at its most uninhibitedly U2-ish"
"Lead Me In The Way I Should Go" -- a contender for Atomic Bomb first mentioned in this February, 2003, interview with Bono in Grammy Magazine
"You Can't Give Away Your Heart" - a contender for Atomic Bomb first mentioned in SPIN magazine

Westport said:
Why do I feel like weeping?

:drool: :drool:

:laugh:

ME TOO :hug:

from 2:40 til the end
thud.gif

nurse chrissi said:

I just loaded these songs on the iPod - now I just need some artwork :hmm:

i made this earlier with one of my pictures

beachclipsnq1.png

anyone else get a bit of a mercy video around 1 min mark of 509?

I've been most impressed with 404 so far! That guitar! :love:

I don't understand the raving for 409. :huh:

esp. cos we can't even hear much of it.

For those of us who want fan working titles, what have we got for 400? I'm not so keen on I Believe for 402 but I guess I'll go with it ...

Alright, I suppose I should actually attempt to get something done today. I've only got about an hour of daylight left. My how time flies when there's new material to be heard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom