until the end effects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use just delay and Boss OD2 (turbo off), I add the Pod Pro in the last part.
I use an Epi LP guitar and AC30 sim on my AD30VT.
I hope to play this song on a real AC30 before I die!

In 360 tour he uses dm4 tube drive distortion

I don't remember reading Edge or Dallas mention that. But I could see how that can work. The DM4 Tube Drive is a very useful effect.

He might still using the Sobbat DB-1 Driverbreaker for the big distortion in the outro. Dallas mentioned that Edge used it for "Until The End of the World" during the 'Vertigo' tour, in an article in 'Australian Guitar' magazine

If you think the stombox dist are only ts-9 fuzz gun and harmonv. Last two are not possible and ts-9 is more light that the main riff of the song

Until

I use sd-1 and fa-1 in the big part
fa-1 for verse
solo with sd-1, fa-1, sex drive
outro sobbat

Yes. Sounds good but there's a lot of difference between distortion and overdrive. If you listen only the intro, you can hear the diference from 2001 until today.

Grabbed an 80's OD-2 today and didn't really think it'll be a big diff to other distortions I've used for UTEOTW. Oh my, what a crime to not have purchased this earlier. The OD-2 has the song written all over it, I love it. Anyone (E_O?) got a pic or knows the knob settings (especially if the turbo is used)?

One thing I noticed, which I find incredibly strange: Does the OD-2 w/ turbo on have a massive effect on your echo??? I find myself having an almost infinite strong repeat w/ my DMM, it's crazy!? :ohmy:

Here's a picture of the OD-2 from POPMART tour. You can see the settings.

3072848708_9e845bcc9a_o.jpg

Grabbed an 80's OD-2 today and didn't really think it'll be a big diff to other distortions I've used for UTEOTW. Oh my, what a crime to not have purchased this earlier. The OD-2 has the song written all over it, I love it. Anyone (E_O?) got a pic or knows the knob settings (especially if the turbo is used)?

One thing I noticed, which I find incredibly strange: Does the OD-2 w/ turbo on have a massive effect on your echo??? I find myself having an almost infinite strong repeat w/ my DMM, it's crazy!? :ohmy:

Here's a picture of the OD-2 from POPMART tour. You can see the settings.

You, sir, should be renamed Edge-O-pedia. Cheers! :) Looks like everything around the 1'o clock position (level, obviously, will have to be adjusted according to your own amp) and turbo turned on, doesn't it.

i set my delay to 420 ms with about 4 fading repeats... sounds spot on

I always used shorter repeats, will give it a try. cheers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom