Unpopular musical opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- There are no good double albums.

To me, this is highly incorrect. I could give examples, but you wouldn't agree with/have heard most of them.

I am yet to hear a double album that wouldn't have been better as a single album.

This is probably true for me as well.

- The average death growl or black metal rasp or whatever is better than the average clean vocal.

And this is the funniest thing I've heard all day. :lmao: Keep it mind, I woke up about a half hour ago. :wink:

Black metal doesn't mean it's metal done by black people. This isn't an opinion or anything, but a funny fact I'm glad to have learned.

You think I'm scared of this guy?

Rick_wakeman_on_stage_with_cape.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say both might possibly agree to a threesome if you framed it nicely enough.

A threesome with Avril Lavigne and Tom Petty would immediately move into my list of Top 10 threesomes I've ever had.

-Apostle of Hustle are the best Broken Social Scene side project (and that includes the BSS Presents "solo" albums and Stars)

And this is the funniest thing I've heard all day. :lmao: Keep it mind, I woke up about a half hour ago. :wink:

Let's see if I can make you laugh again.

- Electioneering is the best song on OK Computer. In fact, the rest is pretty much junk.
- Speaking of Radiohead, Jimmy Eat World > Radiohead.
- Unknown Pleasures absolutely SLAYS Closer. Really, I find Closer somewhat boring and don't play it much except for Twenty Four Hours. Unknown Pleasures, on the other hand, is one of my favourite albums of all time.
- DSOTM is not one of Pink Floyd's five best albums. Of the five better albums, two happen to be Piper and Atom Heart Mother.
- I said this on the Unpopular U2 Opinions thread in EYKIW, but it really belongs here more - the best cover of All Along The Watchtower is U2's Lovetown Tour version.

- Unknown Pleasures absolutely SLAYS Closer. Really, I find Closer somewhat boring and don't play it much except for Twenty Four Hours. Unknown Pleasures, on the other hand, is one of my favourite albums of all time.

I actually agree with this.

The Strokes are one of the best bands goin' today.
Ashlee Simpson's debut album is really good.
My mom is a better singer than your mom.

Led Zeppelin's "Comunication Breakdown" was the first Punk song...

I know Punk was a reaction to how rich and bloated bands like Zep had become. However, watch Zep's How the West was Won live DVD (Royal Albert Hall 1970). It's hard to deny that the guitar sounded quite punk-like. The speed and aggressive guitar on Communication breakdown is unmistakeable (and actually quite atypical of Zep's music. (One of the Ramones acknowledged they got the idea for the classic downward strum motion many punk guitarists use from watching Jimmy Page on that very song).

Cheers

PS. to hear whatI'm talking about you have to listen to an early live version, not the studio version

Led Zeppelin's "Comunication Breakdown" was the first Punk song...

I know Punk was a reaction to how rich and bloated bands like Zep had become. However, watch Zep's How the West was Won live DVD (Royal Albert Hall 1970). It's hard to deny that the guitar sounded quite punk-like. The speed and aggressive guitar on Communication breakdown is unmistakeable (and actually quite atypical of Zep's music. (One of the Ramones acknowledged they got the idea for the classic downward strum motion many punk guitarists use from watching Jimmy Page on that very song).

Cheers

PS. to hear what I'm talking about you have to listen to an early live version, not the studio version

I know Punk was a reaction to how rich and bloated bands like Zep had become.

One of the Ramones acknowledged they got the idea for the classic downward strum motion many punk guitarists use from watching Jimmy Page on that very song

How ironic! :doh:

If that second quote is indeed true, I would lose some respect for the whole punk scene! :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom