U2's best live moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dward1

The Fly
Ok mention those moments that you think are the best and if possible link to the U2 video. Honestly, the one that constantly gives me goose bumps every time is the AIWIY-Streets part of the Slane video but a close second and probably less well-known moment is this performance of Ultra Violet in DC in 92.

YouTube - U2 - Ultraviolet

My favorite U2 performance of all time is Bad from the Boston DVD. I think it's just phenomenal. For a moment in general, I love the ending of One, with Edge's guitar and the extra "Hear us coming" verse.

YouTube - U2 Bad Live

so so many i'll start with

sunday bloody sunday in slane
all i want is you-streets in slane
MLk-streets from the 02' superbowl :up: amazing and touching
streets- buenos aires, vertigo
the fly in brazil vertigo
with or without you from R&H
bullet the blue sky from slane and boston elevation
miracle drug in chicago
electric co in chicago
Bad- live aid and R&H

theres so much more.....

That Ultraviolet performance is a great choice. I don't even think that much of the studio version, but live...it's incredible.

Another overlooked, if not exactly obscure performance is the R&H version of In God's Country:

YouTube - U2 - In God's Country (Rattle and Hum)

Kicks the shit out of the studio version without even trying. Check out the 11/07/87 Denver bootleg for a complete version.

Ok mention those moments that you think are the best and if possible link to the U2 video. Honestly, the one that constantly gives me goose bumps every time is the AIWIY-Streets part of the Slane video but a close second and probably less well-known moment is this performance of Ultra Violet in DC in 92.

YouTube - U2 - Ultraviolet

Actually I'm going to go ahead and say that performance of Ultraviolet is U2's finest live moment...the "I remember..." verse is just out of this world...obviously there are many other moments worth mentioning...for me though, right now, I'm going with this :)

This is a great topic- I'd have to REALLY fight to think of a few, but the ones that come right to mind are easy:

"Please", MTV Europe Awards
"Bad", Live Aid
"Sunday Bloody Sunday", Live at Red Rocks
"MLK/Streets" Super Bowl Halftime
"Mothers of the Disappeared" in Argentina, PopMart Tour
The entire MacPhisto portion of the ZooTV Sydney show
AIWIY, Slane
"Dancing Queen", ZooTV Stockholm
"Zoo Station", ZooTV Sydney
"Miss Sarajevo" in Milan, Vertigo tour
"One", live in Mexico City, PopMart Tour
"40", Live in Paris, Rattle&Hum
"Out of Control", Point Depot
.....and finally....
"I Will Follow", live on the Tom Snider Show (Late Late Show), with Bono pulling people from the crowd looking about 15 years old.

There r so many...can't possible choose one, but UltraViolet may take the cake, for me at least

Props for putting up One from Popmart Mexico City. How has no one mentioned Please-Streets from that show? That is THE defining U2 live moment to me...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom