U2 vs. Bon Jovi (The Ultimate Battle)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Band Is Better?

• U2

Votes: 112 87.5%
  • Bon Jovi

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • It is much too difficult to choose between them!

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure this was intended as a sarcasm thread. What scares me is 8 people couldn't choose and 3 actually voted for Bon Jovi!

There goes the neighborhood. :|

:shocked:WHAT KIND A QUESTION IS THIS??????
ON A U2 FORUM?????????????????
Go and sell story(about BJ beeing better than u2) to kindergarden kids!!!!!!!!!
C'mon man, are you kidding????????
How can you ask something like that?
I have similar questin: Is Britney Spears better than u2???

THE ANSWER ON BOTH QUESTIONS IS: NO, AND NEVER WILL BE!

U2 RULES, PERIOD. And believe me when i say that, because i've listened to all kinds of music, from Metallica to Eminem....
:mad: :no: :rant: :down: :angry:

shaun vox said:
bon jovi looks better than that wrinkled face BANO!

but musically both bands are making crap music now!!!!!!!!

You're an asshole and I suspect you're a fucking fagot. Go back to listen to fucking Motley Crue you dumb poser.

* watches a stupid thread degenerate into something worse *

:rolleyes:

I'm drugged (legally) at the moment, so I hope that this is just a bad joke I've hallucinated.

Bon Jovi is now doing DuraCell battery commercials. People screamed "sell out" when U2 advertised a new way to legally buy music. They advertised their song on a new music "store". Yet when Bon Jovi does a battery commercial, we have threads asking if Bon Jovi is the better band. Why isn't anyone screaming "sell out" for Bon Jovi? What do batteries have to do with music? For that matter, what do Gap jeans have to do with music (Lenny Kravitz) or cola commercials have to do with music (a plethora of artists)? What do cars have to do with music (Sting and Moby and many other artists)? Why are people stating that U2 are the only ones who've "sold out" even though they did a music commercial aftertising their own music? :scratch:

doctorwho said:
Bon Jovi is now doing DuraCell battery commercials. People screamed "sell out" when U2 advertised a new way to legally buy music. They advertised their song on a new music "store". Yet when Bon Jovi does a battery commercial, we have threads asking if Bon Jovi is the better band. Why isn't anyone screaming "sell out" for Bon Jovi? What do batteries have to do with music? For that matter, what do Gap jeans have to do with music (Lenny Kravitz) or cola commercials have to do with music (a plethora of artists)? What do cars have to do with music (Sting and Moby and many other artists)? Why are people stating that U2 are the only ones who've "sold out" even though they did a music commercial aftertising their own music? :scratch:

:applaud:

why are so many people getting their knickers in a twist because someone didn't vote for U2? is no one here allowed to have varied tastes? i mean, not everyone here considers U2 their favourite band.

p.s. voted U2.

doctorwho said:

Exactly!! I was going to say the same thing. I mean come on a battery commercial....what do batteries have to do with Bon Jovi? If you are selling something just to make money and you don't believe in what you are selling, isn't that the definition of a sell-out? I mean it is kind of sad when you have to sell batteries because people won't buy the albums you release. I don't think this was even a fair question. I mean come on U2 and Bon Jovi (The Ultimate Battle), which band has actually had a Top 10 in the last 10 years?

I have now lost all hope that anyone (except for a select few) on this forum has a sense of humor. Can't I just post a goofy, sarcastic thread without being completely misunderstood/flamed? I mean does ANYONE read my normal posts? Anyone could see clear as daylight that

a.) I have never mentioned liking Bon Jovi, ever
b.) U2 is my all-time favorite band, no contest. They are in a different stratosphere than friggin' Bon Jovi

It's kind of boring U2-news wise, so I thought I would post a joke thread and give people some laughs. I figured since this is a U2 fan forum...that people would obviously get it...because why would someone post a question like that on a U2 Fan Forum? I mean obviously if I'm a member of a U2 fan forum I really, really like U2, right?

I also thought my ludicrous comparisons 'WTSHNN compared to Wanted Dead Or Alive', etc...would completely alert anyone reading to the fact that the topic was a farce. All I meant was to get a laugh out of you guys...that's all. I didn't mean for people to misinterpret it. But I guess some people are very, very defensive of U2, and anything, even a joke, about them, is a major offense. I apologize. But we should all lighten up a bit. :)

-The Miggster

Try posting a winking smiley next time. It helps clearing up you're joking (as with the "are they playing any new songs on the tour?" thread).

Not that it was any good of a joke, either one of them.

U2girl said:
Try posting a winking smiley next time. It helps clearing up you're joking (as with the "are they playing any new songs on the tour?" thread).

Not that it was any good of a joke, either one of them.

Personally, I think 'winking' right away kind of dumbs it down. It's no longer that funny if I completely spell it out in CAPITAL LETTERS like so. 'Hey, look guys - it's a joke! I'm winking!' I think if people don't understand that question like, 'Will U2 play any songs from this album this tour?' is a.) making fun of a recent post by another Interferencer and b.) is a completely outrageous question, then, well, the thread just isn't for them, and they should move on.

But, to each his/her own. A lot of people like the smiley wink faces, and more power to 'em. But when a somewhat clever, yet very repetitive and ultimately drawn-out 'I Hate Everything U2 Has Ever Done' thread gets treated like it's the second coming, I guess it says something about the kind of humor appreciated here. Which strikes me as interesting because that thread was a commentary on all of the 'Negative U2 Threads' that had been popping up lately, and people gobbled it up (even though it was basically the same paragraph 11 times), but when I make a thread commenting on Jick's post - 'Will U2 Play Their Greatest Hits Anymore?' (or something to that effect) it's 'Is this for real? If this is a joke - it's the lamest thing ever!'

::sigh:: I take comfort in the 2-3 people here who don't hate me. :wink:

-The Migginator

Last edited:
Now that the game is up on this joke, does that mean the thread has to be closed? That's a shame...I for one will be waiting for a new Miggy, U2vsSpice Girls thread later today!:wink:

Haha...thank you - but now that Migg's jig is up, a U2 vs. Spice Girls thread from yours truly just wouldn't be the same. If someone ELSE wants to start it, and apparently piss some more very serious, very somber U2 fans off, be my guest :wink:

Back
Top Bottom