U2`s Best and Worst Remixes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flybabe

Blue Crack Addict
I have been really into finding rare U2 remixes and comparing them to other remixes and so on lately,so I though I'd share what I think are the best and the ones I think suck,and see what you think,and you guys do the same...
*some are from the fruitlegs if you don`t have those*

Best:
Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Mix)
Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)
Stuck In A Moment You Can`t Get Out Of (The J Mix,difference is that it is an acoustic version of the song,sounds way better)
New York (Nasty Mix)
New York (Nice Mix)
New York (Dog Squad Instrumental)
Vertigo (Redanka Power Mix)
Vertigo (Trent Reznor Remix)
Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
Numb (Gimmie Some More Dignity Mix)
Numb (Soul Assassins Mix)
Zoo Station (Rock 2000 Mix)
HMTMKMKM (Rock 2000 Mix)
God Pt. II (Hard Metal Dance Mix)
Desire (Hollywood Mix)
Get On Your Boots (Justice Mix)

Worst:
All Elevation Remixes-except the (Tombraider Mix)
Beautiful Day (David Holmes Mix)
Beautiful Day (Perfecto Mix)
A Celebration (Remix) The worst,poorly made remix I have ever heard,it had to be made by a fan or something...
Lemon (Lemonade Mix)
Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)
Tomorrow (Common Ground Version)
Vertigo (Temple Bar Mix)
Get On Your Boots (Justice Mix) As you can see this is debatable cause I kind of like the remix but I`m not sure so this isn't a solid dislike :wink:

And so that is my take and opinion,let's hear yours...

Some of those Mysterious Ways remixes took the song to a different place which was awesome.
i don't like remixes that basically throw a drumbeat in and stretch the song to 8 mins.
They are too repetitive.

Some of the remixes for this album have been fantastic. JUSTICE's remix of GOYB is possibly my favourite U2 remix ever (well, probably second to Lady with the Spinning Head Extended Dance Mix). The Magnificent dance remixes are great too, except the Pete Tong one which is bleh. and the Crookers GOYB is :yikes:

I agree on the Elevation Influx Mix, MW Solar Plexus. I like the guilty mix of Holy Joe a lot.

worst? um ... dance remixes of Bad and Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own ... :lol:

^ not that I added many, but if you need either of mine, no probs rosebud :wave:

I forgot to mention the Biffco mix of Elevation

Lemon Perfecto Mix is easily the best, though Lady With The Spinning Head extended dance remix and EBTTRT Perfecto are up there as well.

I never thought the Craig Armstrong version of Stay could be seen as a remix..:scratch:

Armstrong made a complete orchestral version of the song for his album As if to nothing, a great album btw

Magnificent Fred Faulke, Rendanka and Adam K

Lemon Perfecto

Lady With the Spinning Head Extended

Salome Zoormancer

Vertigo Trent Reznor (better than the original)

and thats about it for me.

have i missed it or has Last Night On Earth (first night in hell) NOT been mentioned?! :huh:

I just saw the Magnificent remixes last night,I cannot wait to hear them :hyper:

Yeah I agree,almost all dance remixes are really pushing a songs value,they overall just sound really bad just like the Elevation mixes :yuck:

I like most of the Mysterious Ways ones. I like the Fly one.

I don't know which one it is, but it always drove me crazy how at least one of the EBTTRT remixes placed Edge's slide solo just off the correct beat - and not in a cool, deconstructed way, either.

I've never studied it enough to figure out what the problem is, but it's totally a trainwreck of an edit job by some sloppy engineer who wasn't familiar enough with the original to know better.

have i missed it or has Last Night On Earth (first night in hell) NOT been mentioned?! :huh:

:up:

absolutely love this mix, even though it has no structural similarities with the album version.

i also love:

Salome - Zoomeranger Mix
LWTSH - Extended Dance Mix
GOYB - Justice Remix
Dirty Day - both mixes on the Please single
Miracle Drug - Redanka
Magnificent - Fred Falke
Lemon - Perfecto
Mysterious Ways - Perfecto
All Discotheqe and Mofo remixes

Back
Top Bottom