U2 rehearsals in Turin Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the whole Claw to go over my house. Imagine turning on the outdoor lights at night :love:

It sure would require quite a large neighbourhood! :lol: Not sure if your neighbours would approve you putting the legs in their gardens.

It *would* however be epic.

You know. Fuck the U2 tower and new studio shit. They should just put the claw up and give it a house part on top where the screen is now. Make THAT the new U2 studio.

I'm having the whole Claw to go over my house. Imagine turning on the outdoor lights at night :love:

:love: party time :happydance:

ok, how about this; the shocking song to be played would be...................Wire.
How awesome would that be?

thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-014.gif

wire would be frickin' awesome! my favorite song on that album.

:up: x lots more than I can be bothered typing quickly :D

The Pride video is a tough one to figure out. Parts it sounds like an outdoor stadium recording, but maybe the image of seeing it been filmed outside is making my imagination run wild. If you heard it without the filming, we'd most probably heard it different.

The zooming in and the sound not changing doesn't effect anything, the lens is only zooming in, not the sound right ?

But if Bono isn't in Turin, then that settles it, its a fake.

I did not mean hearing the lens. I meant the fact that he moved his camera upward. That means the sound should come from a different direction than it did before and that should be audible in the clip. And moving a camera usually gives a bit of rustle as well. In this clip the camera movement gave 100% NO difference at all. Basic science says: Not possible unless you're using special audio recording equipment.

I did not mean hearing the lens. I meant the fact that he moved his camera upward. That means the sound should come from a different direction than it did before and that should be audible in the clip. And moving a camera usually gives a bit of rustle as well. In this clip the camera movement gave 100% NO difference at all. Basic science says: Not possible unless you're using special audio recording equipment.

True, I guess it depends on the camera itself, the quality of it. If thats the original sound, than the camera seems pretty good, therefore any shaking shouldn't effect it.

It doesn't sound like a concert performance though, sounds very all over the place, you can only hear the guitar for the first third of the song. On the other hand, it doesn't sound like a rehearsal neither.

The Breathe performance from the office pretty much sums it up, Bono wasn't in that performance, therefore its likely he isn't yet in Turin. The chances of him turning to rehearse one day and not the next are slim.

Btw, is it possible for the crew to play a pre-recorded Bono voice whilst the band rehearse the song? Maybe thats what is was ?

They could have been playing a pre-recorded tape, with not just the Bono vocals, or have a Bono vocal tape run along with the other three playing. I am still very sceptical seeing as how far away the taper was to the stadium. I doube the sound coming out of the stadium was so incredibly loud and clear from such distance.

YouTube - Live U2 prove

Not as fake as the others, I hope. :shifty:

Now that sounds a lot more realistic than the others. I'm not saying it IS legit, just saying it could be.
There's background noise, just random buzzing of the area and what comes from the stadium itself, it's a lot closer and it's either Edge or Dallas just playing a guitar part. with pieces being repeated or mangled. Which isn't unthinkable to happen in practice.

If it's real, then :up:. Glad they're keeping the song.

Er that's Elevation people. Bad news. I also fell for the Mofo video at first. Goddamn you!!

The answer in everyone's head now is, so if thats what the real rehearsal sounds like, then the Pride one must be a fake. But again, all comes down to camera quality, but I agree with everyone, the Pride video from that distance sounds unrealistic.

Er that's Elevation people. Bad news. I also fell for the Mofo video at first. Goddamn you!!

Thank you Captain Obvious. :)

I sort of agree with Caps lock guy above me. It does seem to be Dallas playing certain parts to get the effects right. If you listen to the first part with the main guitar bit, and the last part, it's become a tiny bit different, possibly tweaked.

Just popping in. Doesn't look like I missed much, except Mofo being rehearsed. :lol:

I'm totally up for a party at waynetravis's house if he gets the claw. Who's paying for my airfare?

same dude who'll be paying for mine . . . his name is Mr Lotto :D

I wanna party too! *starts saving airfare*
:twocents:

:hi5:

I can fly for free. :shifty:

:ohmy: you lucky lucky girl . . . I don't know whether to :hug: you or have a mini rant :lol: . . . :hug: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom