U2 rehearsals in Torino part V: Full aug 2 update + aug 3 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownie orgy.

brownies.jpg

*sneaks off quietly into a corner with :adam: since rehearsals are over*

:shh: :evil: :shifty:

I'm absolutely devastated over this, however I understand their logic in switching it out with something else (HMTM?). U2 need to make the setlist different from last year. However, they're not likely to switch out Streets, BD or Vertigo for HMTMKMKM. One fairly unknown 90s track in place of another.

Ever since I became a U2 fan in 94, I've dreamed of seeing U2 play UV live. It's always been a favorite of mine, but the 360 version of it blows away all other versions IMO! I'm so very happy I got to see it in Chicago last year, and that it's forever immortalized on the Rose Bowl DVD.

Indeed :up:

I was lucky enough to see it on 7 Zoo TV concerts (yes I'm an old fart), it became one of my favs over the years even on a personal note. I figured it was stored back in the memory banks but when they played it last year I couldn't believe it, highlight of all four shows I saw them. Also, I was in the minority thinking that this version blew away Zoo TV - I'm having a hard time thinking they are shelving it again. but like you said I do want to hear HMTMKMKM again because I have felt of all the songs that they could have polished off this one would fit in the stadium setting.

I like seeing the new songs being added, but if they drop all those NLOTH songs its going to suck. The setlist looks like a greatest hits. I hope I'm wrong. :down:

For those who are interested, compiling a "possible setlist beginning" from yesterday with a "likely setlist ending" from today:

<intro and whatnot>
1) Beautiful Day
2) Slow New Song
3) Fast New Song
4) Elevation
5) In A Little While
6) Miss Sarajevo
7) Until The End Of The World
8) The Unforgettable Fire
9) City of Blinding Lights
10) Vertigo
11) I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet)
12) Sunday Bloody Sunday
13) MLK
14) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Along (snippet)
--encore break--
15) One
16) Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
--encore break--
17) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
18) With or Without You
19) Moment of Surrender

That leaves, minimum, three slots still open. I'd speculate that candidates to fill those spots include Breathe, Boots, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, No Line On The Horizon, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, possibly Gone, and (unlikely, but possible) Gloria. Oh, Bad, too. Bad is kind of always in the running.

Hmmm, based on this I guess the actual set would be this one then:

<intro and whatnot>
1) Get on Your Boots
2) Magnificent
3) Beautiful Day
4) Slow New Song
5) Fast New Song
6) Elevation
7) In A Little While
8) Miss Sarajevo (maybe only in Europe)
9) Until The End Of The World
10) NLOTH maybe?
11) The Unforgettable Fire
12) City of Blinding Lights
13) Vertigo
14) I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet)
15) Sunday Bloody Sunday
16) MLK
17) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
--encore break--
18) One
19) Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
--encore break--
20) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
21) With or Without You
22) Moment of Surrender

Maybe there'll be another one or two songs. Unknown Caller was really long and I'm guessing they've dropped it. Breathe wasn't short either.

Nooooo. I love the Achtung Baby!

They can splash your avatar all over the place when they do HMTHKMKM.

But I can't get rid of the little astronaut talking about space junk...

How's this for an encore??
Mofo, HMTHKMKM, Lady With The Spinning Head, WOWY, Bad/40.
*is totally dreaming now*

this.:lol::lol:

:love: Achtung Zoo Baby

encore :hmm: might join CK's dream!

:shifty: tho I would switch out WOWY for :drool::heart::heart: Zooropa (the song) :D

Am I the only one who loved Tutu's speech? :sad: Especially when it was still before Streets.

When all these people, work together as ONE!! ONE!! *streets intro*

I thought Bishop Tutu's speech ---> Streets worked very well. I prefer it to Amazing Grace --> Streets.

I like seeing the new songs being added, but if they drop all those NLOTH songs its going to suck.

I'm a little concerned about that as well. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm going to not go, or not enjoy the shows, but dang, aren't they ostensibly still touring to support NLOTH?

I've said that all along, too. His voice was absolutely phenomenal on it last year. I could have listened to nothing but that repeated 22 times and left the show ecstatic.

I found myself listening to it over again too, but as much how great Bono was in it I really liked Edge's guitar also great performance!

I loved Tutu's speech into Streets at Dublin last year. Much better than preceding One. There's still another couple of days worth of rehearsals to go lets not forgot, I'm sure there'll be a few more different songs practised.

:wave: Hi peeps! Work has been busy today, so I've just done a speed read of the last 10 pgs or so. Let's see, we have complaints already about what's being practiced & what isn't, new video/alternate video of rehearsals, suspected destruction of the stadium by fireworks, purple lights on the Claw & brownies with increasingly carnal tendencies... is that about it?? :lol:

:wave: Hi peeps! Work has been busy today, so I've just done a speed read of the last 10 pgs or so. Let's see, we have complaints already about what's being practiced & what isn't, new video/alternate video of rehearsals, suspected destruction of the stadium by fireworks, purple lights on the Claw & brownies with increasingly carnal tendencies... is that about it?? :lol:

Pretty much...

I'm a little concerned about that as well. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm going to not go, or not enjoy the shows, but dang, aren't they ostensibly still touring to support NLOTH?

Same. I loved hearing the NLOTH songs, and will be sad if any of them are cut...especially No Line and Unknown Caller...those were highlights for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom