U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that it's pure bullshit though does it?

I thought it was pretty obvious at the time that they were all tongue-firmly-in-cheek. And I found them amusing at the time. Not anything like some of the other recent posters here who cite anonymous sources (the ones that want us to believe they are serious, not the jokes like Headache's).

Bono led the way through the ring finger to Ali, his lover: Dublin nuptials and fiesta in the wake Eze. The Edge followed. And now Adam Clayton, bassist of the band wants to stick to the squad of "Irish novices."

There's an album title for ya: "Squad of Irish Novices."

And someone please make gvox a cute little flashing gif or something that he can use every time he asks for the source?

Sounds good but y'all do realize that the last couple times I've said 'source' I've been basically poking fun at the first time (or two) when I actually really did want a legitimate source, right?

I mean, at this point, I'm believing nothing - and yet everything - simultaneously. Lol

cover_zps78df896d.jpg

Sounds good but y'all do realize that the last couple times I've said 'source' I've been basically poking fun at the first time (or two) when I actually really did want a legitimate source, right?

I mean, at this point, I'm believing nothing - and yet everything - simultaneously. Lol

I read your demands for 'sources' as ironic, Mr. Earth 2030.

yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that it's pure bullshit though does it?
I don't know if I'd define it as "bullshit". Psychic Readings are merely predictions. How can a prediction be "bullshit"? It's like saying it's bullshit to say, "I think tomorrow will be cloudy." Is it "bullshit" to say that? No, it's simply a prediction. Predictions are only correct or incorrect. The ones I posted here all turned out to be correct.

Mangoes anyone?

BTW, just busting your balls, GVox.

I don't know if I'd define it as "bullshit". Psychic Readings are merely predictions. How can a prediction be "bullshit"? It's like saying it's bullshit to say, "I think tomorrow will be cloudy." Is it "bullshit" to say that? No, it's simply a prediction. Predictions are only correct or incorrect. The ones I posted here all turned out to be correct.

Mangoes anyone?

I'm willing to hug it out up until the point you start doing this shit.
You need to quit while you're ahead.

Predictions that don't say anything specific are bullshit. The album cover is going to be black and white...or colorful. Awesome. Pat yourself on the back.

Mangoes anyone?

What are your predictions for this album? :)

Predictions that don't say anything specific are bullshit. The album cover is going to be black and white...or colorful. Awesome. Pat yourself on the back.

I predict that every song on the next album will have guitar.

Hey, look at me! I'm doing it too!!!!1

Could have gone either way, in my reading. Especially after the hilariously non-ironic hysterical demands (not all yours, granted) to show the proof earlier in this thread. It's a meaningless request in any case, since clearly anyone who has access to real information can't reveal the source, which would implicate them as the leak and prevent them from ever having access again. Any real information is in fact certain to be anonymous and unsubstantiated, isn't it?

On a side note, I think I've sussed the leading through the ring finger line.

Bono led the way through the ring finger to Ali, his lover: Dublin nuptials and fiesta in the wake Eze. The Edge followed. And now Adam Clayton, bassist of the band wants to stick to the squad of "Irish novices."

Bono was the first of the band to get married to his girlfriend Ali, in Dublin. Edge's wedding, the next in line, was celebrated in Eze. And now Adam would like to be the next to join the group... or something like that.

I have to say the French syntax is much more charming. The ring finger must be an idiom roughly equivalent to tying the knot? I do want to hear more about this squad of Irish novices, though. :ohmy:

No Hugs from you then, U2DMfan? :sad:

I suppose you didn't like the Infinite guitar prediction, or the one describing the theme of the album itself? Or the one saying there will be no 'Mercy' on the album, or no 'All My Life' on the album....nor the one they did with Michael W. Smith, which were all rumored to be on the album. I guess that wasn't specific enough for you? Or the prediction saying it was going to be a single album, despite the reports claiming a double album? None of these predictions were specific enough for you? Well, I'll be darned, U2DMfan. My life in Indonesia will never be the same without your approval.....or your hugs.

Getting back to the new album....I for one can't wait!

I suppose you didn't like the Infinite guitar prediction, or the one describing the theme of the album itself? Or the one saying there will be no 'Mercy' on the album, or no 'All My Life' on the album....nor the one they did with Michael W. Smith, which were all rumored to be on the album. I guess that wasn't specific enough for you? Or the prediction saying it was going to be a single album, despite the reports claiming a double album? None of these predictions were specific enough for you? Well, I'll be darned, U2DMfan. My life in Indonesia will never be the same without your approval.....or your hugs.

I actually predicted the same things spread out over 2008, but I decided against creating an alter ego to act like I had inside information. :)

I actually predicted the same things spread out over 2008, but I decided against creating an alter ego to act like I had inside information. :)
I always said they were PREDICTIONS!!! Even the title of the thread itself spells that out pretty clearly. As for alter egos, just about every poster on Interference uses one. I would guess only about 2% of the posters use their real name.

no, those aren't terribly specific. Mercy and All My Life were from sessions far removed from what they started over with in Morocco. Mercy was from 2004 at the latest, and probably 2003. All My Life stemmed from the Rubin sessions. These songs were rumored to be on the album because they're existing songs we already knew about that hadn't popped up yet. That's the only reason they were rumored to be on the album. Fan speculation. There was nothing screaming Mercy or All My Life from any of the U2.com clips, and I don't recall off the top of my head articles mentioning those songs in early-to-mid 2008.

And come on, predicting a single album opposed to a double album from U2 in 2008/2009? give me a break.

no, those aren't terribly specific. Mercy and All My Life were from sessions far removed from what they started over with in Morocco. Mercy was from 2004 at the latest, and probably 2003. All My Life stemmed from the Rubin sessions. These songs were rumored to be on the album because they're existing songs we already knew about that hadn't popped up yet. That's the only reason they were rumored to be on the album. Fan speculation. There was nothing screaming Mercy or All My Life from any of the U2.com clips, and I don't recall off the top of my head articles mentioning those songs in early-to-mid 2008.

And come on, predicting a single album opposed to a double album from U2 in 2008/2009? give me a break.
Is it my fault that people asked me for these? Or should I not make predictions because their questions weren't "specific" enough? And when was the last time U2 used infinite guitar? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom