U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search for U2-related tweets on Twitter just now, and I found someone who posted this:
"I'm just sitting next to Bono's house in Eze. They're playing live music. #U2"

...to which I asked:
"Details? Is it new music? One U2 fan to another"

...and she replied:
"The staff asked if we were recording something lol and sorry no details"

Does it sound like she's saying someone from U2's camp went over to her place to make sure she wasn't recording? And would that imply that they were playing new songs? :shrug:

LOL, sounds like they're on schedule with the Beach Clip releases. :wink:

to be fair, i think The Slow Loris was just saying what any of us cynics would say tbh, based on the reliability of the "sources" - i mean, he's asking for info on Danger Mouse's whereabouts in the other thread... which i guess he wouldn't do if he was still trying to mess with newbies/suckers/journalists etc. :D
Exactly. I wasn't making some bold prediction here, lol! I think it's pretty obvious that isn't the album title. Unless it's a satirical album poking fun at the Illuminate or something. With Danger Mouse, I suppose anything is possible. :sexywink:

to be fair, i think The Slow Loris was just saying what any of us cynics would say tbh, based on the reliability of the "sources" - i mean, he's asking for info on Danger Mouse's whereabouts in the other thread... which i guess he wouldn't do if he was still trying to mess with newbies/suckers/journalists etc. :D

That all by itself is one thing. And it's true. But he's still posting as Slow Loris (an alter) and he was nowhere to be found until Alan Cross mentioned him. That tells us all we need to know. He likes the attention. Trolling. But whatever.

"Keepers of the Kingdom" sounds like some nerdy, wizardy RPG.

Yes, the mission is to put a musician named Bono back in the studio and release an album. But it's not going to be an easy journey. You're able to play with 3 characters: Edge, Adam and Larry, each one of them come with great features to play and achieve the mission.

There's many dangerous things in the way, and Bono can release an spell called "lost in music" who can literally take you out of the path, and make your journey incredible longer. There's others dangerous creatures, like the "die-hard fans", who are extremely difficult to please, and can drain all your vital energy by talking about the new songs/albuns/tours in a mean way.

Let's not forget about the "confirmed rumours" a very powerful spell that can make the creatures called "fans", start going insane.

It's a musical journey, and only you can save Bono from being lost to music!

Release date: November 25th

Bono and his band refine their 13th album in Eze. In September, they marry their bassisteà Grasse, and spring, they will inaugurate undoubtedly Allianz Riviera rock configuration
There is Madonna, who is hiding in Villefranche, but fills his Facebook and Instagram photos characters accounts. And then there are the autres.Loin contemptuously communitarianism showbiz, Bono and his band live them here. Simply. Twenty-five years it lasts. Desire for integration to the point that will one day rename Eze-sur-Mer in U2-sur-Mer.
Nothing to do with marketing. Without betraying the secret is in Nice U2 have already chosen next summer to give the French second concert of their new global tour. In Eze, he gossiped with neighbors and shopkeepers, this is what he says happily: "Yes, he told us he was leaving a new album before the end of the year and in March, they went On Tour: Paris Bercy first, then Nice and its new stadium Allianz Riviera, "says a relative.
Agreement with the Mayor
Second hand info? Quite the opposite. July 4, after a mini-ceremony in honor of James Joyce, Bono, his manager Paulmac Guinness and the Mayor of Nice have been dealing with.
It was at La Perouse. Clever Estrosi came banging on the shoulder Bono. Nothing ventured, did rien.Jouant some of the chord - "Between neighbors, we help each other, right? "- Leaving his trump card up his sleeve -" Allianz Riviera is a completely eco-sustainable stage "- Estrosi tickled the curiosity of the Irish. Neither one nor two, Bono hailed his manager in attendance. It "conciliabula" three a couple of minutes before the verdict: U2 in Nice in 2014, it is as if it was done!
Wedding September 15
Meanwhile, àEze, Bono and The Edge with others put the finishing touches to the 13th installment of U2 (see below). That urge a peu.Les gossips ensure that it would be less for the enjoyment of fans only to be cushy September 15.
Is there a wedding on the 15th! The wedding overlooking the deep blue like a rite in U2. Bono led the way through the ring finger to Ali, his lover: Dublin nuptials and fiesta in the wake Eze. The Edge followed. And now Adam Clayton, bassist of the band wants to stick to the squad of "Irish novices."
In Grasse, in the villa he has acquired a few years ago Adam convolera. And his friends, it's fatal, want to be a fiesta.

Oh my god. That is the best google translation ever. It could go in a Jonathan Safran Foer novel.

Yes, the mission is to put a musician named Bono back in the studio and release an album. But it's not going to be an easy journey. You're able to play with 3 characters: Edge, Adam and Larry, each one of them come with great features to play and achieve the mission.

There's many dangerous things in the way, and Bono can release an spell called "lost in music" who can literally take you out of the path, and make your journey incredible longer. There's others dangerous creatures, like the "die-hard fans", who are extremely difficult to please, and can drain all your vital energy by talking about the new songs/albuns/tours in a mean way.

Let's not forget about the "confirmed rumours" a very powerful spell that can make the creatures called "fans", start going insane.

It's a musical journey, and only you can save Bono from being lost to music!

Release date: November 25th

This must be the new app B is going on about!

personal favourite: "And his friends, it's fatal, want to be a fiesta."

Yes. And this one.

Estrosi tickled the curiosity of the Irish. Neither one nor two, Bono hailed his manager in attendance.
And someone please make gvox a cute little flashing gif or something that he can use every time he asks for the source?

and apparently the band are going to "marry" Adam Clayton - the Shippers are going to go nuts!

Oh my god. That is the best google translation ever. It could go in a Jonathan Safran Foer novel.

Reading it aloud, dramatically, makes it the greatest post in both this and many other threads.

personal favourite: "And his friends, it's fatal, want to be a fiesta."

ole!

Mine is actually the previous paragraph:

Is there a wedding on the 15th! The wedding overlooking the deep blue like a rite in U2. Bono led the way through the ring finger to Ali, his lover: Dublin nuptials and fiesta in the wake Eze. The Edge followed. And now Adam Clayton, bassist of the band wants to stick to the squad of "Irish novices."

It's as if a man, not terribly well spoken in English but a literary master in his native French, chose to do a trailer voiceover for an upcoming film adaptation of one of his classic novellas.

So... CIA released some documents in which they talked about an ultra super hyper mega secret plane called U-2. Since that's out of the bag I can officially say what my source said when he heard another source saying what his source was saying to him.

the album will be called UFO, what is it good for?

There could be a thread just for a competition of coffeehouse style readings of it. It's that good.

I think we do have a reliable source on Bono's wedding date.

I kind of like leading the way through the ring finger to his lover. Bono could steal that for a lyric.

In your honor, U2DMfan, I've taken a few posts I've found at random throughout the (very long) thread: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...anything-about-the-new-album-here-188125.html

From page 9:

Originally Posted by waynetravis
What does the album cover look like?

The prediction:
There has not been a decision on the final album cover, and the photographs have not been finalized. I see a cover that is either black and white or something of the other extreme....that is to say, very, very colourful.

Originally Posted by Jim
Slow Loris you have me by the knackers with these readings!!

Questions:

Does the album lend itself to a more stripped back tour or a something at the other end of the scale?

What have the band been listening too that may have inspired them during the album session?

Cheers,
Jim

The prediction:
The album is stripped down in the organic sense of the phrase, yet there are heavy distortion and electronic effects throughout. The tour will be primarily a stadium tour, as the songs are very "big" and some are even epic. There are also very intimate moments on the album that are very stripped down. This album is extemely varied in style.

The band have been listening to everything from Led Zeppelin to Sufi Moroccan music. Their palette is deep on this record, and there are many influences from rock n' roll and celtic and arabic roots.

Also from page 9:
Originally Posted by MissAdamBomb87

1)If you could describe the album in terms of sound, how would you describe it?
2)Is there any significant or personal theme that relates to any of the band members?
3)Could you describe what the best song on the album will sound like?

The prediction:
Shiny and rythmic with plenty of style and dynamics. Cascading guitars tumbling down rhythmic foundations. Plenty of atmosphere, plenty of groove, melodies that won't stop playing in your head, melodies that take you out of the muddy feelings of life and back to the places where inspirations bloom. You will want to play this album in the garden before sunset....the smell of the roses and the sunlight intermingling as feelings, memories, and hopes and dreams wash over you. It's one of those albums.

I feel Adam is a a strong presence on this record, and in the way Bono wrote about some of Edge's emotional states on Achtung Baby, Bono does some of that with Adam on this record.

There are so many great songs on this album that are completely different to each other, that no one will agree on the "best" song. I don't really see that one standout track, though some will call 'Moment of Surrender' that song. A spiritual song with an emotional charge that will change the atmosphere and vibration of any room, and also the world, once it hits the airwaves.

From page 12 (this one really shocked me, as I believe there is infinite guitar on both 'Breathe' and 'Winter' :sexywink: ):

Originally Posted by windylad72
Yo Loris,

Does Edge use his infinite guitar on this one? Only used this for WOWY I think?

Anything to rival or beat Streets as an unbelievable get up and jump around in a Stadium song?

Cheers papa bear

The prediction:
Yes on both questions. It's mixed and produced to sound very different however.

From page 3:

Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead
The Slow Loris rocks! ...even it is slow. Nice to see you back.

I'm curious if this album will have a non-single with the spiritual power of the likes of Bad, Gone and Kite that turns into a monster in the live show. This is my kind of U2.

The prediction:
Yes, there will be a song that will raise the roof of any stadium, but will not be released as a single. The chant like chorus builds with an overpowering refrain that will encapsulate anything and everything around it into a frenzy of hair raising energy. Stadiums across the world will be shouting this song back to U2. The most unconventional, ecstatic song since 'Bad'.

From page 4:

Originally Posted by Rosebud
Obvious question:

Mercy?

please check yes __ or no __

The prediction:

The following are all from page 6:

please tell me Slow Lois -

Total references in "knees", "kneel", or "kneeling" on said album = ?

The prediction:
*gazes into a ball of Indonesian crystal...*

As the idea of grace is a big theme of All That You Can't Leave Behind, the idea of surrender is a big theme on this album...

Dearest Loris: Will the new album sound like Coldplay?

The prediction:
No. It will sound more Brian Eno than Coldplay, but mostly Lanois.

Originally Posted by Sleep Over Jack
Does the album have any really long tracks on it?

The prediction:

Following are from page 7:

Originally Posted by TheClash253
oh great slow loris, any idea how soon we might be hearing something official from this album?

edit: also, might that "all my life" song mentioned have anything to do with the spiderman musical?

The prediction:
Greetings humans! *Swinging wildly from the nearest branch*

You will hear something official within the next few weeks. I feel the song you are referring to will not be on this album. It is too good to discard, and will be a big hit on one of the side projects U2 will invariably come up with, possibly a soundtrack album.

Originally Posted by pacemaker
Do Larry and Adam love the album?

Any cool time signatures on the album (and no, 6/8 does not count)?

The Prediction:
Yes, they practically ARE the album. Sequencers abound

Originally Posted by rileybug
Dearest Slow Loris,
Will we get to hear the song that Michael W. Smith appeared on? Will it be on this album?

The prediction:
At some point, but not on this album.

Originally Posted by believer75
will this be a single or double album?

The Prediction:

Single album. It could have easily been a double or even a tripple. They may release more songs after the first release.

From page 16 (This pretty much describes the theme of the album cover and album title, No Line On The Horizon):

Originally Posted by ps333
Dear Slow Loris,

Any of the following on the new album:

-distorted or altered vocals?

-drum machine parts?

-"chingy" U2-esque guitar?

-string sections?

-thunderous african style drum work?

-drum beats with uncommon timing? ....atleast as far as U2 are concerned (i.e. intro to Where the Streets Have No Name)

-super stripped down song? (i.e. October or Wake Up Dead Man)

-songs referencing specific current world events, directly or indirectly? (if so, which events?)

Just wondering...Thanks a bunch!

The Prediction:
Yes, to some degree, to all of the questions. The rhythm section is allowed to experiment on this record...new timings, but no thunderous African drum work...African influenced, just not thunderous. I feel this album is sort of a calling out to the people to take a good hard look at themselves in the time we live in. It's an album asking us to surrender to ourselves so that we may surrender to each other...to put down our arms with open arms. A personal record, though camouflaged with the political. At the center of all things is where the line disappears...and this is the main theme of this album....surrendering to that place where the line disappears from the personal and the political. Like getting from the bark of a tree to the middle where the rings get so small they disappear...scaling back to the center of our lives..the political becoming the personal.

I think that should be enough examples for you, U2DMfan, to show that I at least got some of them right.... Can we hug it out now? :hug:

He was pretending to be a sloth that could see into the future...did anyone really take that seriously?

I could have easily made those predictions having paid close attention leading up to NLOTH.

The fact that the band has been so stealth this time around, I'd like to see the Slow Loris' accuracy this time around. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom