U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If people are actually dreweling over this clip they must be nuts....can't hear a friggin thing. Gotta love U2 fans lol.

Lol exactly. The only thing I could kind of make out from the clip is Bono singing the words "Donkey Punch"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Lol exactly. The only thing I could kind of make out from the clip is Bono singing the words "Donkey Punch"

:love:

BUt seriously, that youtube clip. :lol: I set the sound on my laptop on max, and still don't hear a bloody thing. Are we sure this isn't just someone taking the piss?

I could swear I can hear him singing "Monkey Lunch"...

:shifty: :wave:

From what I can make out it sounds very atmospheric and not at all like GOYB which is a good thing. Although I can barely hear a thing...

I think it only sounds atmospheric because you can't hear anything. It could be a techno song for all we know. Remember how many of us thought Magnificent was a show burner based on the beach clip?

First Single - Rock and Roll Legend In My Back Yard

I still prefer the beach clip of magnificent. This song I feel may do the same for me. Damn it. Sounds like it will be a big song based on the falsetto ouuhhh's.

I think it only sounds atmospheric because you can't hear anything.

Yes.

Why isn't this thread called Donkey Punch?

Missed opportunity, Interferers.

None of these are Mercy. (Thank goodness)

My iPhone plays them pretty well actually, and I can make out the song for the most part.

Sounds very 80s, and I mean that in a good way. Guitars in both these clips reminded me of Big Country sortof. Really excited to hear more!

Finally, what the hell is wrong with our fellow Interferencers who live near Santa Monica? Why are we getting news and clips from U2uruguay, U2brasil, U2..Israel??? Lol look you Cali blue crack peeps get your butts over to that location and get us some news!!! :angry: :wink:

Sounds fairly clear to me and I like it. Much different direction on first single than we have seen in some time.

Are you guys listening with headphones? I still can hardly hear a thing from those other clips.

I am really loving the instrumental piece that happens starting about 0:43 in this newest clip, I reckon it's after the second chorus leading into the breakdown. Maybe the low quality is fooling my ears but it sounds amazing.
It's so good to know that finally, after all these false starts, they're back :hyper:

Are you guys listening with headphones? I still can hardly hear a thing from those other clips.

Headphones. Though turning it up doesn't seem to do much better.

The best I can get is a higher twisty "OOOOO,OOOOO, OOOOO", then another lower "oooo,oooo,oooo,oooo" with Edge's guitar following. It's already in my head and I'm sure my brain is trying to make up some epic U2 guitar and bass to go along with it.

The rest of it sounds a little like a post-punk British band a la U2

I like how Edge made his guitar sound like a spluttering car driving past. True innovation there.

More info from the site with those clips....
Google Translation isn't great but...

Exclusive ! Our correspondent in LA , Sil Rigote won the cold to record audio firsthand to the site containing the new songs from the band's work , and also gave us information on news involving the new album and tour.

Click read more to read the article !

What we know :

- What U2 actually bought a commercial during the Super Bowl to introduce the new single , maybe.

- Let the rehearsals for the tour / or the tour itself will start in February

- 4 new songs were assayed at Hangar Santa Monica

A brief account of Sil on the recordings yesterday :

Still in the hangar. A new song was played live extensively . Sounds wonderful , she can hear well . A mixture of Miracle Drug to Always . The video was even filmed , gave the extras to hear cheering and screaming when the music stopped . By the way the band is all here in LA , I saw Adam and Larry sometimes . 23:54 right now, so rehearsing another new song , this reminds vertigo / native son / barefoot dancing . Qdo not know until I can stay here , okay humanly difficult, but was worth it , needless to say I wept to hear the new songs . I will try to send the videos I made trying to capture the audio of the music played pro business .

The Sil made ​​some videos of the tests , we are trying some kind of treatment to post audio later release .

Already forum from our partners Interference.com dan_smee the user posted the following link to download the audio :

Download U2 at Barker Hangar_mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Our partners @ u2 published a text confirming that it is recording a video for the commercial of the Superbowl , what we think is that as a business does not spend more than 60 seconds of the song at the end , we would be invited to attend the full clip online , or u2.com or some sponsor ( Google , Amazon , Apple or Netflix ) .

Sounds like they're going for BD uplift rather than Vertigo/GOYB ass kick.

This is a good thing. They lift asses up better than they kick them.

'A mixture of Miracle Drug to Always'

I can hear the collectively premature groan already. :laugh:

3 weeks to new song!

and I'm just going to say it for the benefit of those who haven't been posting here for the last 2 miserable weeks.. we made up the Donkey Punch rumour. don't worry. :lol:

U2BR is our site. Since early in the morning we're working in the audio in order I making it more audible.

The news we had is that U2 bought a 4M advertisement space on Super Bowl and will present the new single. Some said after that it will available online on iTunes

The tour will be rehearsed in Vancouver, and starts in February. (Don't know if the reharsal or the tour in si)

They're going to do a few promo shows in the space between feb-March in order to promote de single/album

Album will be available in march

Pretty much what we knew, but still excited news.

Thanks for linking our website over here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom