U2: Letterman's House Band for a FULL WEEK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't watch it unless there is someone I want to see. So I'm in the same boatas you with the questions. I might start to watch it this week, just so I can get prepared.

Yah that would really suck if they retract the offered tickets because we can't answer the question...I have a hunch that they might ask something u2/letterman related because they'll want U2 fans in the audience in addition to the usual Letterman fans. Maybe something like "when was U2 on letterman last?" or something like that. That's the best case scenario...
but maybe we can come up with a list of letterman trivia questions that have been asked in the past. Here's one: Dave's mom is born in the state of Indiana.
Letterman fans would be most appreciated. :wink::wave:

When my friend went to see Pearl Jam they asked him where is Paul Schaffer from ,England or Canada and he guessed England, but they asked his girlfriend the same question and she obviously got it right. Canada.

Yah that would really suck if they retract the offered tickets because we can't answer the question...I have a hunch that they might ask something u2/letterman related because they'll want U2 fans in the audience in addition to the usual Letterman fans. Maybe something like "when was U2 on letterman last?" or something like that. That's the best case scenario...
but maybe we can come up with a list of letterman trivia questions that have been asked in the past. Here's one: Dave's mom is born in the state of Indiana.
Letterman fans would be most appreciated. :wink::wave:

if they ask a u2 question I'm good to go, not so sure on letterman. :hmm:

So now that we have heard the album... Which 5 songs should they play?
(I don't know how they're gonna get all that sound production down to play live in time)

So which songs do you think U2 will play on Letterman?

Night 1: Get On Your Boots
Night 2: Magnificent
Night 3: Moment Of Surrender
Night 4: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Night 5: Breathe

I think that after Get On Your Boots they will probably do two more songs, like they did for SNL, two old ones this time. Maybe Pride and One. But they will probably e only for those attending Letterman and his crew. I'm really not sure if they will play NLOTH, if they do I hope it has the same ending as the one from the remix with them screaming No! Line! That would be better than ending it slow.

I'm not sure but I think it would be too much if they played more than one song every night. It would be U2 overload for most people, certainly not for us here though.

The last time on Letterman it was Stuck and New York back to back. This time I am guessing that they do one new and one old each night. Maybe at diferent points in the show. Plus, Bono and the Boys will, no doubt, sit down with Dave one night or several.

Night 1: Get On Your Boots
Night 2: Magnificent
Night 3: Moment Of Surrender
Night 4: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Night 5: Breathe

I think that after Get On Your Boots they will probably do two more songs, like they did for SNL, two old ones this time. Maybe Pride and One. But they will probably e only for those attending Letterman and his crew. I'm really not sure if they will play NLOTH, if they do I hope it has the same ending as the one from the remix with them screaming No! Line! That would be better than ending it slow.

Yah that sounds about right.:up:

I've been to two tapings. One of the questions was "Who is letterman's sidekick"... Easy. Paul Shaffer. They are EASY questions. I don't remember what the other one was. First time I went it was Billy Crystal and Johnny Damon. Second time was Will Ferrell and KINGS OF LEON

SMB

BTW... They don't reward tickets till a week before at the earliest. It's a get a call, leave three-six days later for NYC kinda deal.

SMB

Do you know when they put in their request? Was it right after the band announced the gig or before? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom