U2: Letterman's House Band for a FULL WEEK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really cool. Will they play little instrumental jams going into comercial breaks and stuff— like the real band? COuld be very interesting. However, knowing U2, they'll probably play Boots 5 nights in a row.
No way in hell. What's the point of being on for five nights if they're just going to play the same song over and over again?
Here's how I imagine it'll go down:
Night One: Get On Your Boots
Night Two: Magnificent
Night Three: Crazy Tonight
Night Four: Breathe
Night Five: Stand Up Comedy (Come on, it's a comedy show, they HAVE to play this at some point. Please?)

EDIT: Oh, and I strongly hope that the band does the instrumental breaks as well. :D

Anyone know how to get tickets? I already put in requests online for three random dates that week. I'm thinking I'm just going to go up that week and stand outside even if I don't get in. I want a band sighting!

That's really cool. Will they play little instrumental jams going into comercial breaks and stuff— like the real band? COuld be very interesting. However, knowing U2, they'll probably play Boots 5 nights in a row.

Nah, Paul Shaffer's band will still play into the commercial breaks, U2 will just be the musical guest for those five nights.

Anyone know how to get tickets? I already put in requests online for three random dates that week. I'm thinking I'm just going to go up that week and stand outside even if I don't get in. I want a band sighting!

Me too. What day are you thinking. I need to plan in advance to get off from work. I can definiltly do Tuesday and Thursday.

awesome!! I'm excited that we get to see some of the new songs live so soon.

Letterman went to my high school ... wish that meant I could get a free plane ticket to his show :wink:

i just gotta figure what part of the week will work for me. Got a kid, hubby and 6mo old puppy at home. lol

where do you live :hyper: I can take a personal day from work, I will definately meet up with you...try Thursday/Friday let me know :hyper: did you request tickets!!

Me too. What day are you thinking. I need to plan in advance to get off from work. I can definiltly do Tuesday and Thursday.

I forget which days I put in. I think I randomly picked dates, like March 2, 4, and 5. Anything they offer, I'll gladly take!

where do you live :hyper: I can take a personal day from work, I will definately meet up with you...try Thursday/Friday let me know :hyper: did you request tickets!!

I live in Maryland. I could take a personal day too.. hmmm

i did fill out the online ticket request form though.. What are the chances? Slim to none right?

The U2+Conan combo was awesome.

And I think Letterman can be hilarious. Light-years ahead of Leno, that's for sure.

I've been a big fan of Letterman since the 80s, but the 2 appearances by the band (Bono and Larry for an interview, 2 songs in 2001) were quite mediocre, especially compared to Conan and Saturday Night Live.

Sometimes I think bands just don't click with a venue or a host, for whatever reason. One night is easy to get through, but a week?

Ok, that's enough negativity. I'm sure I'll love the album and concerts I see regardless.

Looking at the article on his webpage, it really only sounds like they will be performing a song or two each night. They're not going to be replacing Shaffer or anything.

i did fill out the online ticket request form though.. What are the chances? Slim to none right?

Forget the Internet. I've never seen a show, but I do know from others that you can usually get tickets if you go to the Ed Sullivan Theater in the morning of a show date. With 5 shows, your chances are obviously higher.

They'll ask you a question about the Late Show (to make sure they don't just get U2 fans who will be apathetic to everything except the band). They also have people on stand-by to fill any empty seats. Go to alt.fan.letterman or any other fan sites for exact details since I don't know the specifics.

But my point is that there is a chance you could get tickets. Just learn all you can to maximize the possibility.

I live in NYC... I'm a writer so I have all the free time right now...

I hope I find a way to go to one show. I missed the Irving Show in 2001 and it killed me as it's 1 min from my apartment... then the barnes and noble I always go too, I couldn't get into book signing... I missed them when they were driving around the city last tour...

They keep doing all these cool NYC things and I either miss them or can't get in... it's more painful than being 3000 miles away.

You never know I requested wed, thursday or friday...I can take a personal day think about it..if I get tickets I am definately going and I'd still take the day without and do standby..I'm going to bed TTYL

Back
Top Bottom