U2: Letterman's House Band for a FULL WEEK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was angry all day after my friend didn't take me (saw him on TV!) and didn't get tickets and that performance made me feel better.

I loved it on the record and its even better LIVE. Just wait for the tour.

I hope they open the encore with Breathe!

My Way News - NYC's West 53rd Street briefly to become 'U2 Way'

NYC's West 53rd Street briefly to become 'U2 Way'

Mar 2, 11:09 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - Rock band U2 is getting official recognition for its stint this week on David Letterman's show.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg is temporarily renaming part of West 53rd Street "U2 Way" on Tuesday, the day the group's latest CD is being released.

The band is performing an unprecedented five consecutive times this week on CBS'"Late Show with David Letterman."

It's the first time a musical guest has performed a full week on the show, which is taped at The Ed Sullivan Theater near the intersection of West 53rd Street and Broadway - near the spot being renamed.

The Dublin, Ireland band has sold tens of millions of records and has taken up several political and social causes.

Great performance last night! I'm really looking forward to tonight's Letterman. Artie Lange and U2! If Artie gets to meet the band backstage, maybe he could talk them into appearing on Howard for a in-studio performance and interview? Now THAT would be a U2 radio interview for the ages! Long overdue. Now that Howard Stern is on satellite radio, Bono could finally do a radio interview without having to watch his language. Howard isn't into U2 though, so I doubt it will ever happen.

So one song a night...five songs this week. We know they can play four songs off the new album already - Breathe, Boots, Magnificent, and No Line on the Horizon. Wonder if the fifth song will be another debut, or a classic? :)

Wow, I couldn't really enjoy the broadcast last night because I had a terrible day at work and came home with a splitting headache, but I just watched the HD capture from u2torrents and I'm blown away. WOW.

DVR'd it in HD - great performance :drool:. The mixing was outstanding as well, nothing like the Grammys.

Have to change my DVR settings tonight, last night's recording cut off the very end. Apparently I missed Bono up to his old tricks again ... another lapdance?

Did they do anything else than Breathe? That was fucking great.

Did anyone make a still of them shovelling the snow? I want a freeze frame of the part where Larry's just smoking. Priceless! Hardest shoveller: Edge...runner up: Adam. :up:

I know they want to play U2 songs all week on Letterman (which is understandable), but would be cool if on Wednesday Paul McCartney came on and they did a Beatles song (as 45th anniv of Beatles on Ed Sullivan wasn't that long ago)

Back
Top Bottom