U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wtonis said:

From ZOOTOPIA
Hi all the boys are rehearsing tonight in Brisbane and Jane has just text me what they have rehearsed so far in order, she is on a hill overlooking the stadium

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until the End of the World
New Years Day
KITE
Walk On
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Sometimes
Love and Peace (oooooh samurai time) *thud*

wooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

are we gonna have some fun

Is this a later rehearsal with the full band?

wtonis said:

From ZOOTOPIA
Hi all the boys are rehearsing tonight in Brisbane and Jane has just text me what they have rehearsed so far in order, she is on a hill overlooking the stadium

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until the End of the World
New Years Day
KITE
Walk On
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Sometimes
Love and Peace (oooooh samurai time) *thud*

Wow.... looks like the standard beginning to the set....
great to see all those ATYCLB songs being rehearsed...

this is really exciting stuff... im flying out tomorrow... and my first U2 concert isin 5 days!!

Mirrorballman83 said:
during the rehersal Bono has tryed to play the didgeridoo

:lmao: Really? During a specific song?

Oh, he better try to do that on Tuesday - it'll be hilarious!

sorry I dont know when he's played it........if for funny or during a specify song

I try to know something more about it

wtonis said:

mmm. don't know.. the thread was posted about 40 minutes before I reposted here..

Ah, right. I suspect it is from a later rehearsal with the whole band then! When I was at the stadium, it was just Edge and not in the order posted above - plus, some of The Saints Are Coming was done. And, of course, Edge did a bit of I Will Follow, which doesn't show on that set. :(

Anyone got any further updates?

Kite and Walk On... maybe they really are adding a little ATYCLB to the mix ... :hmm:

I think Walk on can come back as ending song:
_Vertgo bis with the beginning COBL/VERTIGO has no sence
_40 comes better indoor
_All I Want Is You (that is been used as ending during the south america concerts) it seems to be like an incomplete end.......it's like after this song you expect to hear something other

so maybe we can re-see Walk one there

Just got back from ANZ a few minutes ago. Couple of additions to the very comprehensive lists above:
The soundcheck earlier in the day also included I Will Follow, some serious Achtung riff action and BAD.

The rehearsal had all the above, plus a fantastic BTBS, Also LAPOE and Bono took my breath away with his Miss Sarajevo to close the show :love: There should be video of this floating around in the next few days I think!

After rehearsal there were maybe 40-ish ppl waiting for the boys. Bono stopped, jumped out of the car and said a couple of words but no pics/autographs etc. Adam waved as he cruised by, we missed Larry, and Edge stopped and signed a few things.

Worth 2 days in ant infested dirt? Hell YEAH! :D

:up: Bad is back.
:hmm: Achtung riffs?

"KITE
Walk On
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment " seems like a mini-ATYCLB set is coming.

That was an incredible rehearsal...

Full Set:

1. COBL
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Until The End of the World (Minimal singing by Bono)
5. Kite (About 4 times incomplete, then one complete version)
6. Walk On
7. Beautiful Day
8. Stuck in a Moment
9. Sometimes
10. Love and Peace or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet (Johnny Comes Marching Snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
(Human Rights Declaration)

My Thoughts:

*Don't think I've ever been so excited to hear "Wake Up" - I was jumping in the air!

*The new version of Kite is incredibly beautiful. No acoustic guitar that I could hear, but instead starts of with a really beautiful string arangement for the first verse (obviously based around the main string riff, but with a few extra strings in there I think). Bass kicks in for the pre-chorus, then the full band kicks in after the first chorus.

Also, get this, I'm not sure if this was just an experiment... but there is an extended outro with Edge Soloing!!! It basically went back to his mini solo before the second pre-chorus/chorus, but then he really got into it and went all out--- it was absolutely incredible. I'm a bit off it I didn't take anything to record with, but trust me - it was miles ahead above any elevation version I've heard - incredible!!!

*I had a heart attack when 'Walk On' was played full band... it just came out of nowhere and the performance was excellent!!!

*Don't know if this has been posted, but Stuck was full band with Edge on Electric.

*Bono wished happy birthday to somebody at the end of the set (not sure who)

*I am so happy they stopped before Streets... I've decided if they rehearse again tomorrow night I'm putting my mp3 player on during streets. I really want to be inside the stadium the first time I hear it live.

*While I wasn't in the stadium, I found a really sweet spot with perfect clarity - no traffic noise or anything. And I'm no expert, having never heard U2 live before first hand, but damn Bono's voice sounded good. He definitely sounded like he was "on" and was hitting all the high notes with ease (especially in Kite - sounded so much less strained than on Elevation).

I can't believe that they have been here for less than a week, and that so much has happened - I've been kicked out of the stadium by security (long story) only to return the same night and meet Bono and Edge, I've listened to the best part of a whole set and heard tracks I never thought I'd hear live... and this is just the beginning!!!

Woah. Good times ahead folks!!! Less than 48 hours until Brisbane!!! Cass, in reference to your earlier post, it's getting so close that I'm pretty sure somebody from here is going to die from excitement soon!!!

Oh i forgot the mention bono was singing some Please ---> Streets/ Miss Sarajevo Opera (Kinda) Style melody at the start of Kite the first few times --- I know that doesn't really explain much but yeah it was bloody excellent ....

Oh, and there was a few times during the set when edge would just play something slightly random on the guitar--- and everytime we'd all get excited (at least the people I was with) thinking "wow, here comes the premiere of Window in the Skies"... You can only dream

Totally random and useless sidenote: One of the aforementioned random riffs Edge played sounded like "Bob The Builder"

Okay... I am really going to sleep this time!!!

The_Edge89 said:
I found this just now, sorry if it's been posted already:

Brisbane 04NOV06
Rehearsal day in Brisbane on Australia's "Sunshine Coast"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VdL3r64N7o

Nothing really interesting but still something to watch perhaps?
The band is not in this videoclip!!

Wow, I hope it stops raining there for you guys!
What's the forecast for show night?

The_Edge89 said:

Doesn't seem very nice...

Wednesday
Late showers and storm
Min 16 Max 26
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ10095.shtml

reminds me of Rodriguez's song - Establishment Blues. I just bought that old album on CD the other day. It's better than I remember it being.
Anyway, about the weather on Tuesday. I oredict it will be a beautiful Aussie Spring day and I predict...no I hope , that Pop Rock wins the Melbourne Cup. he's got Damien oliver on board, that's a hopeful sign. Go horsey :)
I live with a meterologist , he rarely gets it wrong. This is his favourite website. Surf around and you will find the radar mao for Brisbane and the long-term prediction.
Although there is nothing long term about November 7,2006.
I'l be seeing U2 tomorrow :bow:

Queensland - www.bom.gov.au/weather/qld/

Weather Watch Radar - www.bom.gov.au/weather/radar/

it the government's Bureau of Meterology site.
Live and learn
:rockon:

Did you see the full moon last night? Heaven on Earth.
It will be hanging above ANZ stadium whilst U2 are playing

Can i ask interference for some help! I am not from Sydney and want to know the best way to get to the saturday show. If i go to central can i get a train the whole way to the stadium? and if so are any changeovers involved? also, what time will the trains run too?

thanks guys. i cant believe i am seeing them on saturday. i have been wating for this since i was 10 or 11 years old. anyone got the scoops on sydney or melbourne band hotels?

liam

Am I dreaming or did I read there was the Please-Streets combo again ? Now that would be :drool:

Man all that changes / additions to the show are exciting , to Top that only few returns like Ultra Violet :drool: :drool: or 1st time ever of Electrical Storm

Oh man, why did I come home? Stupid me being all responsible about university! Curse exams! Thanks for the report, miracledrug83! :bow:

By the way, was New Year's Day played after UTEOTW, as an earlier report said?

Oh, and was there any substance to the report that Bono tried playing a didgeridoo ...?

The_Edge89 said:

Doesn't seem very nice...

Wednesday
Late showers and storm
Min 16 Max 26
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ10095.shtml

That's not the concert day, though!

Report for show day:

Tuesday
Mostly fine
Min 15
Max 25

J_NP said:
Am I dreaming or did I read there was the Please-Streets combo again ? Now that would be :drool:

Yes, read more closely. It was a melody at the start of Kite! As miracledrug83 said:

bono was singing some Please ---> Streets/ Miss Sarajevo Opera (Kinda) Style melody at the start of Kite

Let's hope that they don't get rid off (again) the fabulous Zoo encore. The new version of Kite is good news, but they have to play something from Pop. The band's ignoring of that album is starting to irritate me.

wang_chung said:
Can i ask interference for some help! I am not from Sydney and want to know the best way to get to the saturday show. If i go to central can i get a train the whole way to the stadium? and if so are any changeovers involved? also, what time will the trains run too?

thanks guys. i cant believe i am seeing them on saturday. i have been wating for this since i was 10 or 11 years old. anyone got the scoops on sydney or melbourne band hotels?

liam

I'm not expert on concerts at Telstra Stadium, but for the events i've been to there you can go direct from Central to the Olympic Park after a certain time, but anytime you go you can take a train from Central to Lidcome, and there is a changeover to the Olympic Sprint train there.

Hello all...

I too was able to catch that rehearsal last night.

The band sounded great! Kite was just amazing...the best version yet. Edge's guitar solo was fantastic. It still needs rehearsing and they might still fuck it up in Brisbane. By the time they get to Sydney and onwards, Id say it will be nailed.

Yes, there was someone played the didgeridoo during the song. If anyone can remember, I actually heard this to be rumoured via a friend at the start of the year. I posted a thread about it and got shot down in flames for the suggestion. To those who said it was stupid....fuck you :)

Lots of ALYCLB. Too much in my opinion... The setlist just doesnt flow as well as it did in South America. Each to there own I guess.

Bono's voice was in great shape. He didn't do the "Im a MAAAAN" part of Kite, he just sung it quietly. Im hoping he does it for the show though. He was able to nail Miss Sarajevo and Sometimes from memory. It was all a bit of a blur...being able to see them rehearse like that.

Im hoping they let us in tonight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom