U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
miracledrug83 said:
*The new version of Kite is incredibly beautiful. No acoustic guitar that I could hear, but instead starts of with a really beautiful string arangement for the first verse (obviously based around the main string riff, but with a few extra strings in there I think). Bass kicks in for the pre-chorus, then the full band kicks in after the first chorus.

Also, get this, I'm not sure if this was just an experiment... but there is an extended outro with Edge Soloing!!! It basically went back to his mini solo before the second pre-chorus/chorus, but then he really got into it and went all out--- it was absolutely incredible. I'm a bit off it I didn't take anything to record with, but trust me - it was miles ahead above any elevation version I've heard - incredible!!!

By reading again the part that says that Adam comes in with Bono at some point (which is unusual), I remembered that Adam once said that Kite was his favorite song to play live during the Elevation Tour. This version of Kite sounds beautiful already and it's going to be the perfect replacement for I Still Haven't Found. I cannot wait to hear Edge soloing alone at the end, I hope this stays. Thanks for all the info miracledrug83! :up:

I think its funny that we're all so amazed by this upcoming set list, yet if this is what they had been practicing before the Vertigo Tour everyone would have thought it was generic and predictable except for Miss Sarajevo. Now we are all clamoring for Walk On and Kite, 2 of the most played songs from the Elevation Tour.

Funny what time does to us.

Remember this is Australia/NZ - we haven't seen any of the ATYCLB songs live. It's entirely new for us. I just hope that what they throw out the window to make room for these songs isn't anything that will make me cry.

Ladies, Gentlemen and Convertibles:

I'm awsome at leaving things for the last minute, so here goes nothing...

bono_man2002's plea to get to Sydney II and III:

I can arrange my tickets, I can arrange my flight...I can't arrange my accommodation...er...that is, I can't afford my accommodation (like a hotel...hostel maybe, but I'd like not to go down that road)

So!, If someone would be oh so kind enough prehaps offer me a floor in Sydney...and I'll take a floor.....for Satruday - Monday Nights, and i'd be out of your hair on Tuesday morning'

I dont have a crimnal record and i've not murdeded anyone (at least in the last 12 months :wink:)

And Would gladly give donations for letting me crash and bug you for a couple of days...
Someone who's going to both Syd II and III would help muchly....so yeah...

That's a bummer that you can arrange your tickets cos I've got a Sydney II ticket I'm trying to sell, I can't make teh gig now :( Sure you don't want a ticket (I can't help you with any of your other requests :wink: )

Hey, blueeyedgirl, what shows are you going to?

I and I in the said:
I think its funny that we're all so amazed by this upcoming set list, yet if this is what they had been practicing before the Vertigo Tour everyone would have thought it was generic and predictable except for Miss Sarajevo. Now we are all clamoring for Walk On and Kite, 2 of the most played songs from the Elevation Tour.

Funny what time does to us.

Of course, at the start of the UF Tour, we would've been saying "The Electric Co.? Gloria? An Cat bloody Dubh? How PREDICTABLE! U2 are on cruise control! Where's Pete The Chop or The Fool, huh?"

Now we are all clamoring for Walk On and Kite, 2 of the most played songs from the Elevation Tour.

We didn't get the Elevation tour here, so of course we are happy to think we might be hearing a few ATYCLB songs!

I'm really excited for opening night!

Kite, Bad, full band Stuck and Walk On???

Awesome!

bono_man2002 said:
Is it GA or seated?
single A-reserve, about 2/3 of the way back on Edge's side. Interested? drop me a line on pat_nevin at hotmail.com

Axver, I'm still going to Adelaide and Melbourne II, where I shall be looking for an albino lad in need of a haircut, and some gratitude for the excellent education he's getting :madwife:

blueeyedgirl said:

single A-reserve, about 2/3 of the way back on Edge's side. Interested? drop me a line on pat_nevin at hotmail.com

I'd need to sort out my accommodation before I get my tickets, but Its pretty unlikely to happen, Guess its what I can expect for planning this 5 days before the show :lol:

blueeyedgirl said:
Axver, I'm still going to Adelaide and Melbourne II, where I shall be looking for an albino lad in need of a haircut, and some gratitude for the excellent education he's getting :madwife:

:lol:

Though I'll probably cut my hair sometime between now and going to Melbourne. Might throw you off in your hunt. :wink:

bono_man2002 said:

I'd need to sort out my accommodation before I get my tickets, but Its pretty unlikely to happen, Guess its what I can expect for planning this 5 days before the show :lol:

Sydney's a 24 hour city, I'm sure there's some train station you can crash in :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:

Sydney's a 24 hour city, I'm sure there's some train station you can crash in :wink:

:yikes: Flinders Street in Melbourne can be pretty bad, actually the city can be pretty bad as soon as the sun sets.....so...I'm sure Sydney could be worse than that :)

Earnie Shavers said:
Remember this is Australia/NZ - we haven't seen any of the ATYCLB songs live. It's entirely new for us. I just hope that what they throw out the window to make room for these songs isn't anything that will make me cry.

i got some good rates at the ibis at the airport. i also booked a last minute to sydney. means i am now going to melbs + sydney 2. any ideas on the bands hotel in sydney or melb?

LuvandPeace1980 said:
What shows is everyone going to?

I am going to Sydney 1 and 3 and Melbourne 2 :D

weee

Brisbane, Sydney II and III, Melbourne I and II, Auckland I and II. Oh, and the Brisbane rehearsals. :wink:

Brisbane Rehearsals :), Brisbane, Sydney 2 and 3, Melbourne 1 and 2, Auckland 1 and 2... all GA except Auckland 1 (B Reserve).

Staying at some motor Inn near the stadium for Sydney, a YHA hostel in Melbourne (Oasis I think?), and I literally have no idea where I'm staying in Auckland (I'm going with my mum to New Zealand so she organised it all).

I'm off to rehearsals... wooo!!!

Sydney II and III and Adelaide. Staying at the Sheraton in Sydney with a few friends.

I still want someone to give me the complete low down on how the GA is going to work - what we know/guess anyway!

So I plan get there tomorrow, early, park nearby, then head to Gate 16 and get in line. I am going to bring food, and chairs and a book. Then, when it gets to late afternoon, I am going to send my husband back to the car with all the stuff, so then there will just be us and my camera and my car keys.

How does this sound?

The other thing is, will they just let everybody in the GA line in at once, or will it be done in smaller numbers? I will be really pissed off if someone who came 8 hours after me gets in front of me because they can run faster!

So, anybody able to help me???

hey all, i think the general pattern is to make a new thread once it gets to 500 posts?
so ill make a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom