U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'll ask again - what time is everyone getting there on concert day? And where will everyone be? I think my tickets say Gate 15 (or 16 - I'd have to check) so I guess that is where the line will be?

I am so excited - I won't be able to sleep!

Leebonoman96 said:
Here you go Axver. Call the stadium and tell them you have an elderly mother/father who lives by the stadium who is concerned with the noise of the concert. ask for exact show times and rehearsal days/times. The stadium must send out a letter a week prior to the concert but they will only give concert times as nobody will know the times u2 will rehearse, but they did confirm the days to me. Friday to Monday. Im flying on Sat morning from Sydney. All you younger fans i guess havent tried the old school stuff. Tripple M Brisbane wont confirm the press release date for the band but id say wed or thurs.

Ah, awesome, thanks. Definitely hadn't thought of trying that tactic myself. :wink:

imogen said:
So, I'll ask again - what time is everyone getting there on concert day? And where will everyone be? I think my tickets say Gate 15 (or 16 - I'd have to check) so I guess that is where the line will be?

I think I'll show up around 2pm. I'm in GA, though I don't know what gate. I still need to get my ticket printed. I bought one of the ones during the presale that supposedly have to be collected on the day, but I remember some folks on here got their tickets printed and I was going to get mine printed too but then the show was postponed and I didn't get around to it. Now if only I could remember how the other pre-sale folks got theirs successfully printed ...

I think I will be there about 10am.

I had my ticket printed ages ago, and I just took my reciept into Rebel Sport at Garden City and asked for my tickets please.

No questions asked, they just gave them to me. I just pretended like that was what was meant to happen.

Will there be different gate numbers even for GA will there? I thought all GA might be from the one gate????

Ok mine has gate 16. I might ring the stadium again 2morrow to double check so we all have a better idea on show day.

You're a love! I have a really busy day tomorrow, so that would be great. I'll check back in tomorrow night and see how things are.

Very exciting stuff!

Just got back from ANZ: the security at night is relatively tight. Was there tonight trying to take photos and got told that we couldn't take photos, this is closed area etc. (The guy was actually the perfect mix for a security guard - his manner was right in between "I'll crack your head open" and "no worries mate!").

But in the day security seems to be non-existent (apart from the ones handling the detour) - seems to be just the road crew.

This time next week.... :drool: ... probably up to Bullet or Pride by now.

Will it even be worth heading down tomorrow afternoon then?

And imogen, thanks. I'll have to try getting my ticket printed in the next few days. We'll see what happens!

This is so exciting even for us who are really far away and won't see any of these shows! I can't wait to read show reports and hopefully we'll manage to have some fun set-list parties :drool:

Any plans to have some people as direct sources for set-lists like during previous legs? Also, what is the time difference between Australia and GMT? I want to know if I'll be able to follow the shows 'live' while I am at work...

Hmm... more shows coming and a new song on the way, these are indeed great times to be a U2 fan :)

Down to single digits for Sydney 1 now!!! :hyper:

I'm dying to see some more pics! This is so exciting! Gee, I really hope some of you get to meet the guys in the lead up to the show! That'd be awesome!!!

These photos taken by Sonia (I think they were taken today) are quite poor quality but still they are photos. So better than nothing. :wink:

31-10-06_1631.jpg

31-10-06_1632.jpg

31-10-06_1634.jpg

31-10-06_1637.jpg

31-10-06_1641.jpg

Source: Sonia from U2Australia Yahoo Music Groups

Last edited:
OceanGirl said:
Cool, thanks for posting those! :up:

How long does it take to get the whole thing set up??

Probably close to a full day - thats just an uneducated guess :wink:

But I'm guessing as there isnt a show till next Tuesday, they dont have to exactly rush to put the whole thing together

oceane said:
This is so exciting even for us who are really far away and won't see any of these shows! I can't wait to read show reports and hopefully we'll manage to have some fun set-list parties :drool:

I'm not sure if I'll be posting on Interference much due to travel schedules and university exams, but if I may plug U2-Vertigo-Tour.com, keep an eye on it because there will be at least one of us at every Aussie/Kiwi show, so we're planning on doing some pretty extensive reporting - setlists, reviews, photos, you name it.

Any plans to have some people as direct sources for set-lists like during previous legs? Also, what is the time difference between Australia and GMT? I want to know if I'll be able to follow the shows 'live' while I am at work...

I plan to do audio for Brisbane, Sydney II and III, and Melbourne I and II, and liamcool will be texting Sydney I to me. I'm having some trouble with my phone right now, so Brisbane may be a no-go, but the others should happen.

Here's the current time differences:
Brisbane: GMT +1000
Adelaide: GMT +1030
Sydney and Melbourne: GMT +1100
Auckland: GMT +1300

OceanGirl said:
Cool, thanks for posting those! :up:

How long does it take to get the whole thing set up??

Yes, thanks indeed! :up: Hopefully I'll be able to supply photos of my own tomorrow.

The stage should take roughly a day to set up. Keep in mind the shortest time between shows is 16/11 Adelaide to 18/11 Melbourne. Right now, as bono_man2002 said, they can take their time - plus, I imagine this is a good chance for the roadies to rehearse setting up and taking down the stage.

Axver said:

I'm not sure if I'll be posting on Interference much due to travel schedules and university exams, but if I may plug U2-Vertigo-Tour.com, keep an eye on it because there will be at least one of us at every Aussie/Kiwi show, so we're planning on doing some pretty extensive reporting - setlists, reviews, photos, you name it.

I plan to do audio for Brisbane, Sydney II and III, and Melbourne I and II, and liamcool will be texting Sydney I to me. I'm having some trouble with my phone right now, so Brisbane may be a no-go, but the others should happen.

Here's the current time differences:
Brisbane: GMT +1000
Adelaide: GMT +1030
Sydney and Melbourne: GMT +1100
Auckland: GMT +1300

Great, thanks for the info!

I will be checking U2-Vertigo-Tour.com and I am pretty sure that if any of you sends audio feeds or text the set-lists there will be some partying done on Interference... Yay! The next few weeks at work suddenly seem very exciting!

Thanks for the pics guys.... According to my Calculations U2 should be in the Country.

Im dying to hear if they are going to do any tv or radio appearences

Beautiul photos Adam, thanks. i can see the seat where my dearest childhood friend and I will be sitting. i am so pleased to be sharing U2 with her. She has never seen them before. Man , is she in for a B.I.G treat :)
I was having a quiet little cry this morning and hub asked "What's up?" I said "this time next week it will be the morning after I have seen U2. i have loved them for 25 years and so far I've only seen/heard them in the flesh for maybe 5 hours."
I am now going beyond excitement. i am going into quiet mode which is what happens when I am profoundly excited about something and start to fear that i may be dreaming and if I stay quiet I won't scare the dream away.
U2 on Tuesday :sad:

:eek: :love: :heart: :dancing: :rockon: :applaud:

Well, if anyone plans to come down to the stadium today, I plan to be there this afternoon. I'll be on the bus that arrives at 3:29pm unless I get lost trying to change buses in the CBD! I hope to see someone there so that I don't look like a pathetic loner.

fullautoreverse said:
I have seats for Sydney 1 & Sydney 3 if anyone needs a setlist texter...?

We might need you as backup. Liamcool says he'll text Sydney I, but it's always useful to have multiple sources. I plan to do audio for Sydney III but we don't yet know how well that's going to work out ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom