U2 Have Rescheduled Their Cancelled Tonight Show Visit For Next Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 Have Rescheduled Their Cancelled Tonight Show Visit For Next Week - Stereogum

By James Rettig / 6:44 pm

U2 are getting ready to embark on a worldwide tour in a few weeks, but they’re tying off some loose ends stateside first. Back in November, the band was scheduled to do a week-long residency on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon in support of Songs Of Innocence, but it was cancelled after Bono got into a bicycle accident that put him out of commission. He’s still recovering, but the band is ready to perform. The show has just announced that U2 has rescheduled and will appear on Fallon next Friday, 5/4. And it looks like they’re the only guests that are appearing that night, so they probably have something special cooked up.

Well 5/4 is Monday, Friday is 5/8.

cmt-medium.gif

Time to fuck up the mainstream:

1. Tonight / The Miracle (snippet) / Every Breaking Wave (snippet) / California (snippet) / Iris (snippet)
2. J. Swallow / Song For Someone (snippet) / Volcano (snippet) / Raised By Wolves (snippet) / Cedarwood Road (snippet)
3. Womanfish / Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (snippet) / This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now (snippet) / The Troubles (snippet) / Invisible (snippet) / Lucifer's Hands (snippet) / The Crystal Ballroom (snippet)
4. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

1. Tonight / The Miracle (snippet) / Every Breaking Wave (snippet) / California (snippet) / Iris (snippet)
2. J. Swallow / Song For Someone (snippet) / Volcano (snippet) / Raised By Wolves (snippet) / Cedarwood Road (snippet)
3. Womanfish / Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (snippet) / This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now (snippet) / The Troubles (snippet) / Invisible (snippet) / Lucifer's Hands (snippet) / The Crystal Ballroom (snippet)

Man, they totally need to play 'Tonight' - I was so pumped when the Roots played it last time

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They should tease us with SOE material:

Civilization
Red Flag Day
Flying Instruments

More realistically:

Every Breaking Wave (this time full band... )
Raised By Wolves/California/TMOJR

They should tease us with SOE material:

Civilization
Red Flag Day
Flying Instruments

More realistically:

Every Breaking Wave (this time full band... )
Raised By Wolves/California/TMOJR

Would really enjoy them playing one of the new songs but I highly doubt it

/ Miss Independent.

Since they're the only guest, they're clearly going to take the whole hour and play all of Songs of Experience.

I'm gonna go out on a whim and say that they play Raised By Wolves paired with a new reworked version of SBS.

Back
Top Bottom