u2 eating mexican food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onthesun

Babyface
this is a little out of left field, but i remeber watching a u2 documentary where the band was on a plane and bono was commenting on some mexican food he was eating.........also i think they were hanging around pool. maybe around the time of the joshua tree.

does anyone have any idea what this was??

after doing some research, i did find out that it is "outside it's america." does anyone know how to get a hold of this or if you've seen it, is it any good?

onthesun said:

what else was in that? maybe spanish eyes?

Videos for Spanish Eyes, In God's Country, Streets, Still Haven't Found, some tour rehearsal footage, Bono annoying a poor flight attendant to death on the plane while playing Oh Jeannie... :lol:

That's all I can remember. :(

Last edited:
:D

"Where the Streets Have No Name" sung from an LA rooftop
Bono with a guitar ad-libbing "Oh Jeannie" during a plane trip
Joshua Tree tour rehearsals at the Activity Center (now Wells Fargo Arena) in Tempe, AZ
Photo shoot for Time Magazine cover
U2 playing pool and drinking beer in a country-western dive bar
U2 shopping for boots and cowboy hats in Phoenix
The Governor Mecham/MLK Holiday controversy in Arizona
Bono, Edge and Adam covering "Lucille" and "Lost Highway" in a Houston country bar
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (music video)
In God's Country (music video)
Spanish Eyes (music video)
"Bullet the Blue Sky"/Outtro

yeah, it's from outside its america

i have the original showing of it recorded from mtv

i sent a copy of it to U2kittten a long time ago. she posted a bunch of stills from the video in a thread that could be found if you tried, i suppose. i'm too tired right now to do it myself, lol.

Queen Bee said:
There was also footage of the band performing at a small club in Houston and shopping for boots.

Employee: You're in hat country. You gotta get your boots on.
Bono: Oh, I got my boots on... new boots and panties.

:giggle:

Bono quoting the late, great Ian Dury there.

I remember that show. My friend and I hoped it was a preview of what Rattle and Hum would be like, but unfortunately it wasn't. If Rattle and Hum had been more like it people wouldn't have criticized it as much, I think.

MissMoo said:
I remember that show. My friend and I hoped it was a preview of what Rattle and Hum would be like, but unfortunately it wasn't. If Rattle and Hum had been more like it people wouldn't have criticized it as much, I think.

Agreed. It shows a different (and I think more genuine) side of the band: funny and spontaneous. I loved that "Oh Jeannie" song, and Edge's reaction. And man, that was a huge amount of food she put on Bono's plate, probably to get him to knock it off already. Great stuff.

MY GOD! I can't believe someone else has seen this thing! It came out in 1987. I used to have it but don't know where it is now. Among other cool scenes, they show a bit from one of the first Arizona JT tour shows where U2 have their picture taken for Time magazine with the crowd in the background, although I don't think it was ever used. It does have footage of the studio photo session that actually ended up being the cover. Has some other cool scenes of them at soundcheck where Edge is picking through I Still Haven't Found... Bono and Adam also play Lucille.

Please advise as to where to get a copy if there is one to be gotten. I'd love to have this again.

Is there any chance at all of anyone being able to upload this, it sounds great:wink:

I ate mexican food yesterday. Got food poisoning from it. Hopefully Bono didn't when he ate it that time....

Dont think anyone has mentioned The band playing Johnny cash's I walk the line and some other C&W songs including Luceille in a Hick pub whilst they were absolutely pished! And there was Larry dancing wi some chic. I first saw it on BBC2, Old grey whistle test on 01-01-1988 at approx 00:05. Wat a way to start the year! I have it somewhere on VHS but its played to death.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom