U2 Down Under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Av

The Fly
This upcoming leg of the vertigo tour will be my first ever u2 conert and i cant wait :drool: I was wondering how early people line up for u2 concerts . Any expierences?????

WALK ON !!!!!! :wink:

Some (crazy :wink: ) people line up in the wee hours of the morning or even overnight.

I say that given the concert's in a stadium, arriving around 2-3pm should give anyone a pretty decent spot unless you think 'front row centre' and 'pretty decent spot' are synonyms.

for the Santiago one, I got in line at 11 pm the night before... i was 977 in line

Argentina 1... 10 pm in line the night before, like 700 in line

Argentina 2... 9 am the day of the concert... like 1300 in line

in all 3, I was on the golden circle, on the left arm where Larry and Bono go in LAPOE

It can depend on when the stadium opens too, some wont let people line up at the gates till they actually open, usually at 9am. I think that's when Mt Smart Stadium (Ericsson) opens :hmm:.

Please Standby for Transmision:Good advice from all the post's.Obviously if you have GA tix the earlier the better.The problem with getting there way early is by the time you get in and U2 come's out you might be to drained from the whole waiting experiance to enjoy it.So rule no.1)get more than usual amount of sleep the day's right before the concert.no.2)if you have to work or have school the day of the gig take the day off or half day,but I highly recommend whole day! no. 4)Your first U2 gig?!?!Sell your car and your parent's car and get ticket's to all the OZ concert's(THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE)even if it's sold out and you don't have tix,go anyway.Don't worry about selling your parent's car,they will get over it,mine did!Peace the Rockmeister.

MacHat said:
It can depend on when the stadium opens too, some wont let people line up at the gates till they actually open, usually at 9am. I think that's when Mt Smart Stadium (Ericsson) opens :hmm:.

so no camping out in NZ eh???

shaynar said:
I plan on camping out overnight for the Sydney shows, does anyone know the stadium's policy for GA?

I was told it was the same policy - no queuing prior to 9:00...and I was hoping to queue up a lot earlier than that for all the shows down under :wink:

shaynar said:
I plan on camping out overnight for the Sydney shows, does anyone know the stadium's policy for GA?

You might want to check on whether or not you'll be able to do that. Given the current security climate, which is particularly sensitive in Sydney, you might find you aren't allowed in the area of the stadium overnight.

MacHat said:

Probably not, the plan for me and my mates is to get up nice and early :wink:

yep me too - too bad there aren't any hotels within walking distance :|

Yeah same, Mt Smart is in a very industrial area and I'm not sure if there are any cheap places to stay round there, so me and my mates are staying in a hostel in town and catching the bus to the stadium :yes:.

MacHat said:
Yeah same, Mt Smart is in a very industrial area and I'm not sure if there are any cheap places to stay round there, so me and my mates are staying in a hostel in town and catching the bus to the stadium :yes:.

How early does the bus run??

I'm going to visit an old mate in Sydney (I live in the UK) in November and 5 minutes ago told me he has us GA tickets for the last Sydney show.. I'm in shock!! I never in a million years thought I'd see U2 this year, and not for another 3-4 years.:):):):)
Can't wait to see you all in the sunny GA line!!

Aussie Edge said:
Anyone know what the go is with Telstra Dome??

Is there any time restrictions for lining up??

I keep hearing we can't line up prior to 9 a.m. but maybe somebody here can confirm that. I'm curious to know what would happen if we arrived before 9...like maybe at 4 or 5 or so.... :wink:

Jim said:
I'm going to visit an old mate in Sydney (I live in the UK) in November and 5 minutes ago told me he has us GA tickets for the last Sydney show.. I'm in shock!! I never in a million years thought I'd see U2 this year, and not for another 3-4 years.:):):):)
Can't wait to see you all in the sunny GA line!!

yayyyy :up: - did you get to see them in UK last year?

ok ill tell you all what i know about the telstra dome, i dont need to worry bout lining up BTW, i have B Reserve seats, anyways the Telstra Dome is situated right next to Southern Cross train station, which allows easy access from anywhere in melbourne, lots of trams for those of you staying in the city and a skybus (from the airport) terminus for those of you flying in, firstly the Telstra dome has no gates around the outside so unless they have security they probably wont stop you, but you should note Victorian law will prohibit you from taking anything that cannot fit under a standard stadium seat in, probably nothing for GA patrons. so if you bring bags chairs tents whatever, expect to loose it.

zepher25 said:
so if you bring bags chairs tents whatever, expect to loose it.

Whats wrong with a back pack?, I take one to the cricket every year, as long as they just get security to look through it, it should be fine....

Av said:
This upcoming leg of the vertigo tour will be my first ever u2 conert and i cant wait :drool: I was wondering how early people line up for u2 concerts . Any expierences?????

WALK ON !!!!!! :wink:

Never leave it til after 10am, I got lucky in Cardiff as I got in at 3 pm.. but i was very lucky that the organisation for that concert was poop and people who were queuing for ages would have been behind me :madspit:

But don't leave it til after 10 am and you should be ok to get in the Elipse/Testicle dangling bit :D

Jokes assisde if you get in there my recommendation is to be on the left, the opposite side to LAPOE as Edge is fucking brilliant

Why not go the right!
Adam's a legend. I reakon he's the funniest!
I'm from Melbourne and am seeing them here on the 18th and in Sydney on the 13th.
GA is by far the best way to go. I'll be lining up all day.

bono_man2002 said:

Whats wrong with a back pack?, I take one to the cricket every year, as long as they just get security to look through it, it should be fine....

the rule is that you can only take something that can fit under one seat, a backpack is A-Ok if you have seats but i would expect you wouldent be allowed them into GA, if too many people had them then less people than ticketed would be able to get in

zepher25 said:

the rule is that you can only take something that can fit under one seat, a backpack is A-Ok if you have seats but i would expect you wouldent be allowed them into GA, if too many people had them then less people than ticketed would be able to get in

nah you can take a back pack in.. it's actually quite roomy upfront and backpacks I saw everywhere in Europe last summer.. as long as the backpack is a certain height/diameter.

People even had enough room to put them on the floor

MsGiggles said:

yep me too - too bad there aren't any hotels within walking distance :|

But you do have a friend with a car :wave:

I am looking into pre-booking parking at the stadium, although it means being stuck in traffic getting out at the end, it gives you somewhere to store stuff and means we can get out there as early as we like. I'll pick you up from the hotel, darls. :yes:

stuff it we are staying at docklands(5 min walk from telstra dome). booked as soon as they released the new dates. i cant be arsed finding a car spot, paying for a full day/ night parking or evs and having to put up with the shit of trying to get home..

This is probably a dumb question but... I have GA tix for the Adelaide show, if I get in early can I make it into the 'inner circle' area so I'm at the stage or are they different tickets altogether? Also, Is that the best place to go? right at the stage or somewhere else? thanks..

Back
Top Bottom