u2 cover contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah ill say im in... if i can borrow some of those backing tracks that other person posted... ;)

I'd like to have a go with this as well, please

belbird said:
yeah ill say im in... if i can borrow some of those backing tracks that other person posted... ;)

If it's my post you were referring to regarding backing tracks, then not only can you borrow the tracks...you can keep them! ;) just let me know which ones you'd like :)

Cheers
Tanya

so is this turning into a karaoke competition now? :wink:

PS. Are we limited to one entry each?

So, the members already in the tournament are

Mrbrau1
Bono_212
Canadiens1160
Gareth brown
am22884
nightninja56
dudeman
HolyMeximofoJoe
Bellbird
Uktan
Lemonmelon

I'm gonna wait one more day for more people to enter, I really think it's a great experience and you get to discover your own talent or measure youself with other people, so don't miss this opportunity

The deadline is over. There will be 6 battles, one per each day, but I decided to do a double elimination contest to give the contestants more opportunities to win. After the first round, there's gonna be a loss round, and then we will move to the second round. You can access the bracket on this link http:// www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=190975

All members must upload their entry to any server before deadline, and then send the link to me, to this e-mail kerplunk_o@hotmail.com

Everyday, I will make a new thread to each battle, post the links to the songs and make a poll for all members to vote. At 10 pm PST the voting will be closed and there will be a winner.

For each round you can either make a new entry or send the old one, but it's better if you have more than one.

The first battle is MrBrau1 vs Bono_212, on monday the 3rd, so please send me your entries before that.

Hey! I said I wanted to be in!
...:(

No one answered my question so I wasn't sure of what counted as a cover...

The_Edge89 said:
Does only recording a guitar track onto a backing track and no singing count as a cover?

I have a few of those.

Oh well, next time then...

How will you provide us with the choices? Multiple formats? For instance, my computer only downloads s a v e f i le s as opposed to y s i 's or s e nd s pa c e's.

:hyper: I can hardly wait.

I've got my best cover coming up first. :wink: I have literally album(s) of U2 covers, so coming up with a few good ones won't be any trouble.

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:
How will you provide us with the choices? Multiple formats? For instance, my computer only downloads s a v e f i le s as opposed to y s i 's or s e nd s pa c e's.

Maybe I can open a myspace account and each day upload the next two songs, but then the file couldn't be bigger than 6 mb

scaramanga2 said:

Maybe I can open a myspace account and each day upload the next two songs, but then the file couldn't be bigger than 6 mb

well thanks for the consideration cause i really wanna help

i hate my computer

DAMN IT!!! I just got around to seeing this today! :madwife:

Any chance of groveling to get into this?
PULEEEAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!?????????????

my recording turned out to be 10.7 mb's soooo the myspace thign wont work for me

sorry if im causing any problems :reject:

Last edited:
OHMY GOODNESS IT IS THE 27th!!!

lol man I thought since today was a monday and I don't keep track of the dates that it was the 3rd....was wondering where are the covers!?......lol man do i feel foolish!!!

well anyways that sucks!!! i got an awesome cover ready and I BADly want this contest to start!!!

Rafiennes said:
DAMN IT!!! I just got around to seeing this today! :madwife:

Any chance of groveling to get into this?
PULEEEAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!?????????????

you can enter if you find someone else, if you don't find anyone I'll enter to make the pair

scaramanga2 said:

you can enter if you find someone else, if you don't find anyone I'll enter to make the pair

Hi,

If it helps, having thought about it, I'm probably going to have to drop out so Rafiennes can take my place if you want.

I'm going to be away from the 4th to 13th Dec and I'm unlikely to get a chance to record anything for subsequent rounds (assuming I was ever going to get that far lol). And I'm going to be very busy for the week after I get back too so I probably wouldn't get much chance to focus on this when I get back either.

Back
Top Bottom