U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the Deluxe Vinyl set and the Record Store Day its going to be Joshua Tree Vinyl overload no?

I can't find one POP Vinyl under $100!

It's common for bands to release a singles vinyl package after a remastering. It has happened several times now with 90's era bands.

Yeah, mine doesn't have that speed. And plenty of them don't because hardly any modern 10" records are released...usually just for Record Store Day stuff and the like.

I don't understand though. I think you are confusing speed and size.

10" is a physical size/dimensions, not a speed. A 10" can be cut to play either 33.3 or 45rpm.

It will play at 45rpm. This is the universal standard speed for singles.

As long as your player has a 45rpm setting (which 99.99% of players do), there is no issue.

A 7, 10, or 12" can be cut to play at either 33.3 or 45rpm depending on how long the content is. They are independent variables.

10 inches were super rare when I was growing up. Methinks OL is U2's only platter of that length.

Ah, then I guess I can play 10" and it's just that my record player doesn't have an automatic setting for it, so I'll just have to move the needle manually. Good to know.

I'm assuming the 10" center hole width is the same as a 12"....I have a 7" thingy that you chuck onto the center in order to fit those records.

Ah, then I guess I can play 10" and it's just that my record player doesn't have an automatic setting for it, so I'll just have to move the needle manually. Good to know.

I'm assuming the 10" center hole width is the same as a 12"....I have a 7" thingy that you chuck onto the center in order to fit those records.

Yeah, the hole will be the same as a 12"

I'm legitimately surprised people are complaining about this gift. I thought it was stellar and maybe one of the best ones yet.

I also love collecting vinyl though so I'm sure I'm just biased. I just picked up the 90-2000 Best of Singles 7" promo set for a steal.

Anyway if you really just absolutely hate it, you could resell it for nearly double the subscription price.

But you shouldn't because it's an awesome gift.
You must be new

Am I a bad person for preferring cd's to vinyl?

And I even still have my old record player from the 80s.

Nah, I'd prefer CDs because I haven't gotten around to buying a turntable. I have some vinyl but mostly display it as art in frames.

After going to the show, I am even more excited about this gift because the performances were too notch.

IMO:

Streets is the best live version that they have done, save for maybe the 87 version. The extended opening of the organ, extended guitar into and maybe most importantly, Bono isn't talking over the guitar into like he did during Elevation with the prayer, Vertigo with "Africa", 360 with the yelling following Amazing Grace segue or the immigrate speech from i.E.

With or without you was very solid and the guitar is crisp.

Still Haven't found is solid.

In Gods Country...wow! I never heard this song live and I'm baffled as to why they don't play his more often. This song is far superior to Bullet the Blue for me and is so amazing. Heck, it's would go very well with COBL as a one two punch live.

I'm really excited!

Are they generally good about shipping to former members? I don't plan on subscribing for 2018, but obviously I'm owed this gift for 2017.

Are they generally good about shipping to former members? I don't plan on subscribing for 2018, but obviously I'm owed this gift for 2017.

I'd say you're good. You were a member when this was the subscriber gift, so you're entitled to it.

BTW, even though U2.com is slow with sending these out, it at least was announced a while ago. And they had to wait for the shows (at least the first US and European legs) to take place to get the live recordings. I'm also a member of the Pearl Jam fanclub. They still haven't announced what the holiday single (they stopped calling it Christmas single years ago as it was never ready on time) is. For 2016. That one better be good too.

Just downloaded. Great versions, and the sound quality is phenomenal.

One quick note - I noticed that I was prompted to ‘Redeem’ my vinyl order for the singles. When I did I got a receipt/invoice for $0 thanking me for the order. You may be required to do the same to have it sent

Just downloaded. Great versions, and the sound quality is phenomenal.

One quick note - I noticed that I was prompted to ‘Redeem’ my vinyl order for the singles. When I did I got a receipt/invoice for $0 thanking me for the order. You may be required to do the same to have it sent

You got your box set then?

My box set?

I know what you mean now, all the downloads are available on the u2.com account info page. Wish they would just do them were you can download them straight to your phone. Suppose I'll have to get the laptop out that i never use :)

Back
Top Bottom