U2 3D - 2008 release date?? +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gorman said:

Yeah, I figured that was the logic behind it. Still, it seems weird to be mentioning songs in a press release for a movie that aren't in it.

yeah I agree, but didn't we already reviews where each song was talked about? and COBL wasn't mentioned which means it is definitely not in the movie...

scottyT said:
this is kind of ridiculous, because i'm seeing it in king of prussia for the press release next tuesday. why would they show a philly press screening, and not show it in philly?

When you go, could you find out if they will be carrying the movie at all? Of course, I'm sure you're probably already going to do this. :wink:

gorman said:

Yeah, I figured that was the logic behind it. Still, it seems weird to be mentioning songs in a press release for a movie that aren't in it.

This is U2 we're talking about. They don't seem to do anything very clearly.

Good news St. Louis fans! I emailed Ronnies (the one IMAX 3D theater in the city) and just got this back:

"Good timing. I just got a listing of shows opening next week and it
shows U2 3D IMAX opening on the Ronnies IMAX on Wednesday the 23rd. No
information on if or when it will open on our other digital 3D screens."

Rob33 said:

yeah I agree, but didn't we already reviews where each song was talked about? and COBL wasn't mentioned which means it is definitely not in the movie...

COBL is definitely not in the movie.. skott just posted his review here and mentioned that it wasn't and that actually he didn't miss it due to the amazing experience he had..

The Wikipedia article has the setlist on it for both the "preview" version as well as the final version...

Zooropa man said:
Got my tix for the Bridge in L.A.!!! :wink:

damn dude... you're one fiesty cookie...I don't even know where in L.A. I'm seeing it, I just want to be where the majority of interferencers are going to be, still don't know if it's gonna be somewhere in Hollywood or the Bridge...the L.A. communication is a bit slow right now...

Rob33 said:

damn dude... you're one fiesty cookie...I don't even know where in L.A. I'm seeing it, I just want to be where the majority of interferencers are going to be, still don't know if it's gonna be somewhere in Hollywood or the Bridge...the L.A. communication is a bit slow right now...

lol... yeah, I know. I'll watch it Friday though. Kinda hard during the week.

No word on if/when it's going to hit NYC yet? I would think the Loews Lincoln Square would be the likely suspect...but there's no mention of it on their website.

They better not make me go all the way up to White Plains to see this. :madspit:

Finally, Sacramento gets something, and I don't have to go to San Francisco, San Jose, or Oakland.

Not that I'm gloating...it is pretty ridiculous that only certain cities in 23 states + D.C. are showing it.

Does anyone know why it's premiering on a Wednesday? :huh:

Hey guys, I just got back from the screening at the King of Prussia IMAX, and the show will be playing starting next week. I told the manager that it wasn't on the U23D site or on the KOP site, but she didn't seem to care too much....

I'll tell you it was surreal seeing the show and having only 5 people in the theatre, but feeling like you were in the middle of a south american crowd. I'm sure Ill see some of you guys at the show next week!

great news. ill see u there next week. even though i dont know what u look like.

scottyT said:
Hey guys, I just got back from the screening at the King of Prussia IMAX, and the show will be playing starting next week. I told the manager that it wasn't on the U23D site or on the KOP site, but she didn't seem to care too much....

I'll tell you it was surreal seeing the show and having only 5 people in the theatre, but feeling like you were in the middle of a south american crowd. I'm sure Ill see some of you guys at the show next week!

Thank God!! I didn't really wanna have to drive to Harrisburg. :huh:

Hopefully KOP will update their site with dates and times.

ponkine said:
100 hours of footage?

and we can't have the full show?

really a disappointment :(

You can have a full show on DVD.
You cannot have a full show in 3D.
Full Show = approx. 120 minutes
3D = approx. 85 minutes
That's the usual length for 3 D movies. If you want a full show, go watch a concert DVD.

Back
Top Bottom