Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein, South Africa Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I has two albums starting with "I" (if you ignore a definite article)... and three others I didn't intend to get. Damn you JB HiFi, and your buy-2-CDs-for-$20-and-get-a-3rd-free thing.

I thought Ms Gillard was from the left of the ALP originally herself?

I think it is a bit of a shame that Mr Rudd wasn't given a chance to finish his first term - yes he made some epic cock-ups, most particularly by dropping the ETS (pissing off environmentally concerned persons) and deciding to become a hard-arse about the mining tax (pissing off industry), of all things. Poor choices managing to piss everyone off all at once.
But I don't like how politics is so focussed on winning elections that they panic and drop ideas/policies/leaders like hot potatoes if they're not winning opinion polls.

I don't know much about Ms Gillard, but I like what I've seen... far more so than Mr Abbott. If she manages to demonstrate things that Mr Rudd clearly lacked, and gives Mr Abbott a good kick in the balls at the same time, I'm hopeful she can be elected properly instead of just by in-party factionising. It would be a shame if Labor lost the election and she lost her chance.

</uninformed political stuff>

Also, Ax, do you have a PT live album called ... er... Divine Coma, or something of that nature? I saw it in JB and didn't recognise it.

You're not kidding, although it looks like most of the state got a soaking today (and still is getting one).

Yay dam levels?

I'm off to C'maine tonight... if it's less wet, it'll also be colder. Bleh.

They've been saying it every few months, just with different dates every time.

Heh, and they're bragging that they reported (or guessed) in Aug last year that we'd be getting the tour in Dec.

"No, no, all those other dates were just rumours, we were right the first time!"

Oh well, time I went to drive for 2 hours in the rain and the dark. :wave:

I'm rather skeptical about these December rumours, just because it's a prick of a time to book venues, and the rumours re: a 2011 provisional schedule just sound so much more plausible.

And on a personal note, I'd honestly much prefer March or April next year. If it is December, count me the fuck out of the Brisbane gig at the very least. Last time was bad enough, and that was only November.

I'd be off to all the gigs, maybe even in New Zealand. The 360 Blu Ray has stirred something inside me to see U2 live....But they won't be here in December.

As I posted in the tour forums, this is a band that announces stuff for this tour, almost 12 months in advance.

Maybe they'll announce March dates in December or something. But I just don't see shows happening in December.

I'd be off to all the gigs, maybe even in New Zealand. The 360 Blu Ray has stirred something inside me to see U2 live....But they won't be here in December.

As I posted in the tour forums, this is a band that announces stuff for this tour, almost 12 months in advance.

Maybe they'll announce March dates in December or something. But I just don't see shows happening in December.

*nods* I was thinking 6 months wasn't much time to put tickets on sale, given their previous ludicrous generous time frames. Which maybe makes announcements of March dates in Dec even less likely...?

Yeah, I can't imagine Brisbane in Dec would be much fun for you, Ax!

Would booking venues in March/April be easier than in December, given the football?

And speaking of football... what the hell happened to Geelong last night?! I heard the 2nd quarter on the radio in the car, and thought it was all over for St Kilda... then I turned on the TV after I got home and saw the last four seconds of the game, and Geelong's score had barely moved. Epic super-win for the Saints' defence...?

But you won today, which is all that matters. ;)

I'm about to head back to Melbourne, and investigate the rumoured existence of a bacon BBQ Tower burger en route.

:wave:

Would booking venues in March/April be easier than in December, given the football?

March/April is a bit awkward, but it's easier to book around footy codes than cricket! When was the last time a footy game ran for five days?

October/November and February are the prime windows of booking opportunity, really, especially when you're doing the 360 Tour and need stadiums forever just to set up and tear down.

At the moment, the only shows I'm willing to say I'll definitely go to are Melbourne, and Wellington if they go there. Elsewhere, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. If the schedule's good and my bank account approves, I'll swing some more.

Back
Top Bottom