True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worst episode EVER!

And it was the fucking season finale?

Whoa shit, did this finale suck. Words aren't strong enough to describe my disgust at the stupidity and silliness of this episode. I am not looking forward to next year, because True Blood would only get stupider and become a parody of itself.

The writers have gotten lost and have no idea what to do with the show. That is plainly obvious.

Episode rating: solid F

I'm cautious about this season. It better redeem itself from last year, or else this show is done.

I guess the possibility of Eric dying is one to watch for

So good-bye fun and hilarious True Blood. Say hello to intense drama and shit getting real. Why the change?

I think this series is doing just fine. It could have easily gone off the rails by now. I am glad they are not just covering old ground. The Bill and Sookie story was boring. These new fairy babies might be fun. In about 3 weeks they will be fully grown.

I hope we learn what Bill is - a god or a puppet for Lilith. Come to think of it, this whole series has been about his demise. He started off being a self-loathing vampire, who became power-hungry, and then embraced his vampiric self and got all the power in the world.

Anyway, this show is more serious than it used to be. But it's a good show for Sunday nights.

It needs to keep that element of ridiculousness going

Although not having Russell Edgington around anymore is a minus

But they still have Sheriff Andy Bellfleur:up:

As long as Jason is around, I don't expect the show to get too serious. Great first episode! Should be another action packed season.

I know HBO hasn't announced it yet, but my guess is TB will only last until season 7. HBO usually ends their shows before they get stale.

I did hear that it was renewed for a 7th season, but it didn't say it would be the last (although, it very well may be AND I think it should be).

There were still some funny, ridiculous moments. My favorite being: (in the opening scene) when running for her life, Sookie trips and faceplants right into dead-vampire goop. I laughed out loud at that one.

We'll see. If it goes the way the first episode set things up, this season might not actually be awful, like last season was.

The scene where pam talks on the therapy couch casts allusions to another hbo series

Tony soprano talking on the couch to dr jennifer melfi on the sopranos!

I am pleasantly surprised by this season. I really did not think I would watch it again but so far, so good. Much better writing.

I am pleasantly surprised by this season. I really did not think I would watch it again but so far, so good. Much better writing.

Same here. The writers are doing a good job cleaning up the mess from last season.

"I truly believe God wants me to fuck you"

:takes notes: :shifty: :wink:

Lots of shit goin down in this episode.

Terry dying. Which was pretty damn sad. I always liked Terry.

The Governor getting his head ripped off by Bill. Loved it. Guy was an asshole.

Nora poisoned.

Jessica tortured and almost raped.

Sookie gettin' all naked.

With this past episode, I can safely say True Blood has jumped the shark. Or rather, met the sun.

It's embarrassing to watch a show self-destruct as the storylines go on.

I was thinking just the opposite, that the writing is still really good this season.

The aftermath of Terry's death is being dragged out too long.

Sam's relationship with Nicole just days after Luna dies is poor writing.

Sookie suddenly being interested in Sam came out of nowhere and makes no sense.

This show is not that funny anymore and its trying to be serious, but its failing to me.

OK, that's it. No more True Blood. I'm done with it. It shot itself in the foot, and has gotten completely pointless and stupid.

Eric's death was boring too. What was really sad about that part was that Alex Skarsgaard finally went full frontal for his grand finale, but I was so pissed with this episode that I barely enjoyed that special treat.

But I'm done. Farewell.

I thought this episode was a blast. The first half was an exciting (albeit occasionally very predictable) finish to the whole Warlow story arc. And the six month time jump is just wacky as fuck as only True Blood would do. I can't fault the writers for wanting to hit a reset button. There's more to chew on here than just another cliffhanger that will lead us right into the same series of events. A more Bon Temps-centric season could be something really good for the show, after years of placing most of the action far away from the town in different weird locations.

And, yeah, Eric's definitely not dead. Even though a shot of him chilling, reading a book naked on a Swedish mountain is pretty great, there's no way they give the show's most popular character that much of a quick, unceremonious death.

Back
Top Bottom